Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thoughts on the weekends games anyone?? did results go the way people suspected??
went and watched waubra vs carngham linton on saturday and what i saw was the 2011 premiership side, this side has talent in every line and will win many more games by that margin this year, carngham i think will make the 8 from what i seen and it goes to show the gap between top to 8th, gregg to kick 100:thumbsu:

Bunninyong and Bungaree with good wins. Bungaree seem to be winning easily each week, one to watch perhaps. Have they improved that much or just lack of opposition? D'ford within 9 points of the burra and from what I heard could have snatched it but for a few early injuries and s**t umpiring. Also with some senior players being out could they threaten again? Beufort smashing the lower sides and with a win against Hepburn shows they could also threaten.

went and watched waubra vs carngham linton on saturday and what i saw was the 2011 premiership side, this side has talent in every line and will win many more games by that margin this year, carngham i think will make the 8 from what i seen and it goes to show the gap between top to 8th, gregg to kick 100:thumbsu:

That's a big call this early on. Don't forget the gap between CHFL sides and LPFL sides and Waubra haven't played anyone decent just yet IMO.

I went and watched Bungaree the last 2 weeks and they look like the big movers to me. Have an extremely talented midfield and a very quick outfit overall, could be the sleeping giant to take the flag this year i reckon.

Haven't seen any Beaufort games but i hear on the grapevine that they are the real deal.

Obviously Hepburn will be right up there again as will Buninyong and i distinctly remember people writing off Daylesford early on last year and they ended up the only team to beat Hepburn and made the Grand Final.

Either way its going to be a very even comp this year and a ripping finals series.

Bunninyong and Bungaree with good wins. Bungaree seem to be winning easily each week, one to watch perhaps. Have they improved that much or just lack of opposition? D'ford within 9 points of the burra and from what I heard could have snatched it but for a few early injuries and s**t umpiring. Also with some senior players being out could they threaten again? Beufort smashing the lower sides and with a win against Hepburn shows they could also threaten.

There's been 3 rounds straggler and Beaufort have only played 1 lower side in Creswick so I'm not sure what you are on about. Don't forget they got smashed by Dunnstown rd 1, but agree they should finish in the higher rungs of the ladder.

Still hard to work out where a lot of teams sit at the moment - a lot of inconsistent form from some teams. Apart from Waubra obviously and maybe Bunga but still undecided until they play some better opposition.

What's the story with Gordon, are they really contenders for finals or have they just pinched a few wins against unwary opposition early??
Obviously they are a long way improved but Werner and Grills can surely not have made that big of a difference that they are pushing top 4 sides out?

What's the story with Gordon, are they really contenders for finals or have they just pinched a few wins against unwary opposition early??
Obviously they are a long way improved but Werner and Grills can surely not have made that big of a difference that they are pushing top 4 sides out?

They have improved for sure but they have Hepburn this week and were smashed by Waubra 2 weeks ago,did they just have a bad day? The Hepburn game will prove where they stand in relation to the top sides.

Some big margins around each week but some upsets also, tipping has not been easy and thats a good thing. This could be the week to pick nine from nine.

Springbank V Ballan 60 points
Rokewood V Illabarook 60 points
Newyln V Bungaree 40 points
Learmonth V Buninyong 60 points
Beaufort V Clunes 50 points
Daylesford V Creswick 60 points
Gordon V Hepburn 60 points
Waubra V Dunnstown 60 points
Skipton V Carngham 60 points

Margins like that, mmmm must be 9 from 9.

I went and watched Bungaree the last 2 weeks and they look like the big movers to me. Have an extremely talented midfield and a very quick outfit overall, could be the sleeping giant to take the flag this year i reckon.

What are your thoughts on Rokewood? Is fitness an issue? They were still in it at half time.

There's been 3 rounds straggler and Beaufort have only played 1 lower side in Creswick so I'm not sure what you are on about. Don't forget they got smashed by Dunnstown rd 1, but agree they should finish in the higher rungs of the ladder.

Still hard to work out where a lot of teams sit at the moment - a lot of inconsistent form from some teams. Apart from Waubra obviously and maybe Bunga but still undecided until they play some better opposition.

Point taken. Forgot about their first up loss but do recall being told that they were missing 6-7 good players due to unavailability or clearances not coming through in time.

What are your thoughts on Rokewood? Is fitness an issue? They were still in it at half time.
Much better side than Skipton, fairly talented in the midfield and obviously a gun full forward in Mullane Grant. Backline is fairly suspect however and will prevent them from really challenging.
Mullane Grant is an interesting player, he's very much an opportunist more than anything. Would have perhaps only taken one maybe contested mark for his 9 goals but his ability to read the play and get position is second to none. Very, very clever player.
Wouldn't have thought fitness so much as just dropping thier heads after a flurry a quick goals.

Gordon have added more depth at the lower end by adding about 7 players to the senior side and not losing any from last year. Gordon's better players are all young too and hence will probably continue to improve for the next 3 or 4 years.

That's a big call this early on. Don't forget the gap between CHFL sides and LPFL sides and Waubra haven't played anyone decent just yet IMO.

Haven't seen any Beaufort games but i hear on the grapevine that they are the real deal.

Obviously Hepburn will be right up there again as will Buninyong and i distinctly remember people writing off Daylesford early on last year and they ended up the only team to beat Hepburn and made the Grand Final.

Either way its going to be a very even comp this year and a ripping finals series.

least it was good to see Beaufort Beat hepburn rd 2 Rd 6 will be interesting Hepburn & Waubra that be the big test for waubra @ Home

They have improved for sure but they have Hepburn this week and were smashed by Waubra 2 weeks ago,did they just have a bad day? The Hepburn game will prove where they stand in relation to the top sides.

Some big margins around each week but some upsets also, tipping has not been easy and thats a good thing. This could be the week to pick nine from nine.

Springbank V Ballan 60 points
Rokewood V Illabarook 60 points
Newyln V Bungaree 40 points
Learmonth V Buninyong 60 points
Beaufort V Clunes 50 points
Daylesford V Creswick 60 points
Gordon V Hepburn 60 points
Waubra V Dunnstown 60 points
Skipton V Carngham 60 points

Margins like that, mmmm must be 9 from 9.

Obviously some easy games to select this week

Springbank to beat Ballan by 70
Rokewood to beat Illabarook by 60
Bungaree to beat Newlyn by 30
Bunninyong to beat Learmonth by 80
Beaufort to beat Clunes by 40
Daylesford to beat Creswick by 80
Hepburn to beat Gordon by 50
Waubra to beat Dunstown by 60
Carngham to beat Skipton by 80

Going to see bunninyong and Learmonth this week, thought that learmonth may have been one of the improvers this year but appears that i may be wrong yet again. Has anyone seen them yet as by all form standards they may end up 0-5 with them playing illabarook for the bottom of the table round 6.

Any idea's whats happening there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to see bunninyong and Learmonth this week, thought that learmonth may have been one of the improvers this year but appears that i may be wrong yet again. Has anyone seen them yet as by all form standards they may end up 0-5 with them playing illabarook for the bottom of the table round 6.

Any idea's whats happening there?

They will be 0-5 V Illabarook . The word getting around over the summer was they had 60 plus at training and things were looking good. Been guilty of that a few times the lakies. They should have 3 wins by round 10.

I just wanna mention a team once more then we'll probably won't have to mention them again. But I think it's time we stop going easy on Skipton after all their promise to deliver. 3 rounds now and haven't fired a shot. Must be a sad state of morale out there atm. Anyone from there want to stand up and face the music?
I know a lot of blokes jumped off them but thats the problem, they knew their abilities couldn't back up their ambitions. Catchya's anyway

My upset for round 4 will be learmonth over buninyong (just throwing it out there)

I just wanna mention a team once more then we'll probably won't have to mention them again. But I think it's time we stop going easy on Skipton after all their promise to deliver. 3 rounds now and haven't fired a shot. Must be a sad state of morale out there atm. Anyone from there want to stand up and face the music?
I know a lot of blokes jumped off them but thats the problem, they knew their abilities couldn't back up their ambitions. Catchya's anyway

My upset for round 4 will be learmonth over buninyong (just throwing it out there)

Remember last year little timmy beachem " we are coming to get ya"!!

Results already have shown if any team goes in thinking they've got it won they will lose (daylesford and dunnstown v gordon, learmonth v creswick, beaufort v hepburn). newlyn and clunes will be capable enough i think, one bad game in the early rounds doesnt count for too much just yet

Springbank to beat Ballan by 70
Rokewood to beat Illabarook by 40
Bungaree to beat Newlyn by 45
Bunninyong to beat Learmonth by 80
Beaufort to beat Clunes by 70
Daylesford to beat Creswick by 80
Hepburn to beat Gordon by 10
Waubra to beat Dunstown by 90
Carngham to beat Skipton by 30

Springbank V Ballan Few outs for Springbank who aren't that good anyway, won't be a huge win. 5 goals
Rokewood V Illabarook 100 points Rokewood are a handy side, will have no problems against Illabarook
Newyln V Bungaree
Learmonth V Buninyong 8 goals. Interesting to see where Buninyong are at over the next month. Form has been inconsistant at best
Beaufort V Clunes Clunes travelling ok and should give Beaufort a run. Crows are a quality outfit tho and should push for top 4. 4 goals
Daylesford V Creswick Another inconsistent starter to the year, should still easily account for the Wickers. How will the Netherway boys go in the CHFL??
Gordon V Hepburn Can't give a margin with any confidence after Gordon's start but ill go with 10 goals plus, think we will see a fair bit of up and down form from the Eagles this year.
Waubra V Dunnstown Another tough one to pick margin wise, but Waubra will be simply too good. 5 goals
Skipton V Carngham Skipton getting closer to full strength but still a lot of catching up to do to get near standard in this league. Cargnham by 10 goals

Springbank V Ballan Springbank will be too good

Rokewood V Illabarook I can't see Illabrook getting close

Newyln V Bungaree Should be a good game, wouldn't be too much in it

Learmonth V Buninyong Bunnies will be too strong

Beaufort V Clunes Beaufort to kick another cricket score

Daylesford V Creswick Will be over by quarter time, D'ford too strong

Gordon V Hepburn Eagles have improved, but no where near enough
to win against Hepburn

Waubra V Dunnstown Dunnstown would want this to be a close one, but waubra by a few. Too many good players for D'town to contain.

Skipton V Carngham Carngham to smash their old LPFL rivals.

Springbank V Ballan Springbank will be too good

Rokewood V Illabarook I can't see Illabrook getting close

Newyln V Bungaree Should be a good game, wouldn't be too much in it

Learmonth V Buninyong Bunnies will be too strong

Beaufort V Clunes Beaufort to kick another cricket score

Daylesford V Creswick Will be over by quarter time, D'ford too strong

Gordon V Hepburn Eagles have improved, but no where near enough
to win against Hepburn

Waubra V Dunnstown Dunnstown would want this to be a close one, but waubra by a few. Too many good players for D'town to contain.

Skipton V Carngham Carngham to smash their old LPFL rivals.

Springbank by 6 goals
Rokewood by lots
Newlyn because at home
Buninyong but closer than most are saying
Beaufort by 5 goals
Daylesford comfortable
Tempted to go for Gordon but won't catch anybody off guard from now on so Hepburn by 5 goals
Waubra 12 goals
Carngham 15 goals

Rd4 CHFL Results with one tonight

Beaufort 10.5-65 def. by Clunes 10.12-72 ( 7 pts)

Daylesford 22.10-142 def. Creswick 9.3-57 (85 pts)

Gordon 16.10-106 def. by Hepburn 20.12-132 (26 pts)

Newlyn 8.14-62 def. by Bungaree 16.7-103 (41 pts)

Rokewood-Corindhap 24.16-160 def. Illabarook 1.9-15 (145pts)

Skipton 13.11-89 def. Carngham Linton 13.10-88 (1pt)

Springbank 28.6-174 def. Ballan 9.9-63 (111 pt)

Waubra 10.12-72 def. Dunnstown 8.5-53 (19 pts)

Learmonth v Buninyong tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back