Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the classic grand final predicted last week, probably the best since Clunes ran over the top of Dunnstown in 97. The game was a credit to both clubs as given the horrible conditions again endurd at the Northen Oval both sides were able to play a reasonable standard of football. Daylesford required all of their guns firing to grab the win.
There are a number of issues coming out of Grand Final day that the CHFL have to address now though. What are people's thoughts on the following issues:
1. Has the day just become a big piss up for people not even slightly interested in the footy? I saw too blokes being kicked out before the senior game was started, it was a poor reflection on the league Saturday
2. Why do we perservere with the Northern Oval (other than the extra dollars) when every person and player you speak to dislikes going there
3. What are the alternatives? Personally I don't like Learmonth it is almost as windy as the Northern Oval and the atmosphere is generally no better

i might be in the minority here, but every time i go to the footy i prefer to actually watch it, and maybe learn something. Cant recall ever being drunk at a footy match. Simple solution, CHFL only serves light beer at its Grand Final, if the police or security get complaints about drunken behavior, then they can evict them from the arena. obviously they have smuggled their alcohol in. It might drop the crowd numbers because of the dick heads who cant drink, but it also might encourage more families to attend as well.
Venue... for me Saturdays game would have also been a classic at the Eastern Oval. Best ground going around, but probably impossible to get if the BFL are holding finals there if a Ballarat based club is hosting a home final .
I also love the Learmonth oval, but can also see the leagues point of view of trying to hold it in Ballarat, more money, which in turn means more money back to our clubs.... Hard to get the right answer on this one.

Havn't heard of any fight between us and Daylesford at 6.00

Now onto the game itself
What an amazing game. For us shattering, to lead for probably 99% of the match. i think when Ash Wedding kicked that point in the dying seconds, our players probably thought it was all over.... Probably everyone at the ground did.... Daylesford had one chance left and took the gamble. It was like watching a horror movie as the nightmare unfolded in front of our eyes, spare Bulldog players everywhere running up the Grand stand wing. And Button's kick. Brilliant.
Its the best bit of play in country footy under extreme pressure ive seen. ( in regards to lack of time remaining)
Superb Grand Final definetly the best since 97, from a nuteral supporters prospective.
Not an excuse, i am not sure of the rule.... Ash Wedding kicks a point. A Daylesford water boy standing beside the goal umpire between the posts and the fence marks the ball and hands it straight to Rob Rodgers who inturn kicks the ball back into play straight away, saving vital seconds. Those vital seconds lost may have allowed our players to either man up or at least form some sort of a zone.
Im wondering....
1. is the water boy allowed to be there behind the goals in the first place?
2. isnt the waterboys job to deliver water, not mark the footy and hand it to a player ?
3. If a waterboy grabs the footy is it a free kick?

Not sooking here, i have been going over it a thousand time in my head trying to work out how they had so many loose men so quickly, and only picked it up when i looked at the replay.
( does anyone know the ruling here ? )

Like i said im not sooking, good luck to the Bulldogs, they kept coming at us and eventually overhauled us with 6 seconds on the clock.
There has been a lot of respect shown between both clubs since Saturday, with most players catching up for a drink.
Its a very healthy rivalry...

We got the classic grand final predicted last week, probably the best since Clunes ran over the top of Dunnstown in 97. The game was a credit to both clubs as given the horrible conditions again endurd at the Northen Oval both sides were able to play a reasonable standard of football. Daylesford required all of their guns firing to grab the win.
There are a number of issues coming out of Grand Final day that the CHFL have to address now though. What are people's thoughts on the following issues:
1. Has the day just become a big piss up for people not even slightly interested in the footy? I saw too blokes being kicked out before the senior game was started, it was a poor reflection on the league Saturday
2. Why do we perservere with the Northern Oval (other than the extra dollars) when every person and player you speak to dislikes going there
3. What are the alternatives? Personally I don't like Learmonth it is almost as windy as the Northern Oval and the atmosphere is generally no better

I went to the LPFL grand final at Learmonth and it had quite a nice atmosphere about it but I don't want to see a system where only one ground/club gets to host the CHFL grand final each year.
I'm yet another person who dislikes the Northern Oval and can't see why the biggest day of the year can't be held within a CHFL venue.

anyone know if Bungaree has filled it's coaching position yet?

Any other news about the CHFL?

Gotta keep this thread going...

Have heard ryan knowles will be coaching springbank next year with sam giblett his asst. And the beachems back to daylsford to chase that flag they cant seem to get. Any other coaching or playing movment?

Have heard ryan knowles will be coaching springbank next year with sam giblett his asst. And the beachems back to daylsford to chase that flag they cant seem to get. Any other coaching or playing movment?

both beachams are staying at learmonth, was a small piece in the courier last week quoting the learmonth footy manager that AJ resigned from coaching but will continue on as a player. They are interviewing a few familar names to coach, guess we'll see what happens.

G'Day
Have no idea bout your comp, but being from Perth was wondering if anyone knows much bout a Lee Cox?? He is in talks with my brother at East Freo, heard that he is a power forward. But looking to find out more bout his social side, big drinker? ladies man? Mums boy? and all that shit. Looking like he might make the move but we always get a few every year that can't stand the isolation from their friends so just finding out some info.

we would not mind tim back but none of our senior group want aj back here,he has to much bulls%#t comes with him

G'Day
Have no idea bout your comp, but being from Perth was wondering if anyone knows much bout a Lee Cox?? He is in talks with my brother at East Freo, heard that he is a power forward. But looking to find out more bout his social side, big drinker? ladies man? Mums boy? and all that shit. Looking like he might make the move but we always get a few every year that can't stand the isolation from their friends so just finding out some info.
he is an absoloute gun player not sure about the rest but heard he very rarely drinks

both beachams are staying at learmonth, was a small piece in the courier last week quoting the learmonth footy manager that AJ resigned from coaching but will continue on as a player. They are interviewing a few familar names to coach, guess we'll see what happens.

Hi guys, we've had a coaching application at our club in Brisbane from Anthony Beacham. We are a club that is voluntary (players & coaching staff), meaning that people that come to the club for the right reasons, and not people looking for a dollar.

Just wondering whether he would fit the mould?

Hi guys, we've had a coaching application at our club in Brisbane from Anthony Beacham. We are a club that is voluntary (players & coaching staff), meaning that people that come to the club for the right reasons, and not people looking for a dollar.

read some of his posts on here buddy and make your own mind up. he goes under the bigfooty name LEARMONTH

Fairly sure you are taking the piss yeah?

If anyone is planning on travelling to the UK, the West London Wildcats need you!
We are the largest and most successful club in London, and quite probably outside of Australia. We field three teams across three divisions, catering for a range of abilities. In recent times we have been incredibly successful. In the premiership division we have won the last 6 flags in a row, and in the conference, we have won 9 out of the last 10!
Becoming a Wildcat offers many benefits including discounted travel, cheap drinks etc through our many sponsors. Plus it gives you the opportunity to meet like-minded people from all across the globe and have a kick of the footy!
wildcatsfc.co.uk
or e-mail
wildcatsrecruiting@yahoo.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth the rumour that Bungaree have signed an ex-waubra star as coach next year?
They might be finally going in the right direction!!

Any truth the rumour that Bungaree have signed an ex-waubra star as coach next year?
They might be finally going in the right direction!![/QUOT

danny liston??

See on ballan website julian shanks is coach next year not sure if he is playing or not

They might be finally going in the right direction!![/QUOT

danny liston??

See on ballan website julian shanks is coach next year not sure if he is playing or not
Whats the scouting report on Shanks? Where has he been recently? Looking to bring some players along with him?

Greg Middleton? gun. has a raking right boot and a head full of hair. demons on the way up!

HAHAHAHAHA.
Bungaree are talking it up extra early even for their standards. Could be a long off season listening to this... and another long winter for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back