Remove this Banner Ad

B-HAWK 26

Senior List
Nov 19, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Week 1
The qualifying final of reigning premiers lorne against consistent performers Birre should be a great game. The game will most definately be decided in the midfield battle, with Birre sporting arguably the best defense in the comp, spearheaded by Luke Phillips they should be able to comfortably cover Lornes tall forwards. Birres leg speed is also an issue, the big ground may result in lorne running them off their legs. I believe that Lorne will win the match with Lee Hollmer having a field day against Birres somewhat weak ruck divison.
Lorne by 6-7 goals

The elimination final of Alvie and Forrest should also be a hotly contested contest with Alvie taking the spoils in the previous 2 encounters. But with Rathje and Hill going down during the year most of forrests goals must come from Hood and Doolan and with Alvies tall forwards i think that Doolan will be required down back. Forrests lack of leg spped may also be exposed.
Alvie by 3-4 goals

Week 1
The qualifying final of reigning premiers lorne against consistent performers Birre should be a great game. The game will most definately be decided in the midfield battle, with Birre sporting arguably the best defense in the comp, spearheaded by Luke Phillips they should be able to comfortably cover Lornes tall forwards. Birres leg speed is also an issue, the big ground may result in lorne running them off their legs. I believe that Lorne will win the match with Lee Hollmer having a field day against Birres somewhat weak ruck divison.
Lorne by 6-7 goals

The elimination final of Alvie and Forrest should also be a hotly contested contest with Alvie taking the spoils in the previous 2 encounters. But with Rathje and Hill going down during the year most of forrests goals must come from Hood and Doolan and with Alvies tall forwards i think that Doolan will be required down back. Forrests lack of leg spped may also be exposed.
Alvie by 3-4 goals
Yes i agree on both counts

CDFNL FINALS WEEK ONE

Saturday 23 August
Qualifying Finals
Central Reserve Colac

9am U14 Colac Imps v Irrewarra-Beeac
10.30amU17 Irrewarra-Beeac v Lorne
12 noon Res Alvie v Forrest
1.50 pm Sen Lorne v Birregurra

Sunday 24 August
Elimination Finals
Western Oval Colac

9am U14 Alvie v Birregurra
10.30am U17 Otway Dist v South Colac
12 noon Res Birregurra v Lorne
1.50 pm Sen Alvie v Forrest

I am confident that Birre are looking very good coming into this game and with a full list to choose from reckon that this will be a great game, both Birre ruckman are back and fit and looked good last weekend. Wheels has got his kicking boots back on a Wilko has been playing his best footy of the season.

Birre by 16 pts.

As for the Alvie Forrest game, I believe that Forrest have been lucky to make the finals, probably more due to Apollo Bays bad form in the trip home, I expect Alvie will win well.

Big weekend of footy, with the first chance to see how Lorne and Irrewarra matck up.

Saturday:

Seniors: Irrewarra to beat Lorne... Just... a big win last week by Lorne and the chance for Irrewarra to freshen up should suit the Bombers.

Reserves: Irrewarra to beat Forrest, the boys from Forrest seemed to be celebrating a little hard last week, the rested Bombers should be able to get over them easily.

Sunday:

Seniors: Birre vs Alvie should also be a good game with one win each for the year, with only one change I think Birre will be too strong.

Reserves: Alvie have beaten Birre in both games this year, however Birre have named the strongest Reserves side for the year with only one injury at the club. Birre by 18 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back