Autopsy Cause of Death of the 2018 Joint Major Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know now, every time we get an email from the club about China, it's another partnership that shows how great Port is or helps someone, but has no financial benefit to us (or so nebulous and long term that it's not possible to tell). I just want one that's a clear 'Chinese company X' is now sponsoring Port. Even as a bottom tier one at this point. Something. Anything tangible.
me too

I study this page and I feel sick. All it represents is proof that there is a lot of mucking around going on in China and on behalf of ‘China’. There is not one solid corporate identity on the page. I count Gui as a ‘community’ individual, like Gupta, not a true corporate. Too much community, zero corporate. It doesn’t make me feel proud at all, because it means only half the job is being done, if that.

View attachment 637631
InDaily now gone. Must’ve read Episode 5 of the docudrama.

There’s a pulse! Yes, the mighty InDaily is gone ... and so is Study Adelaide.

Replaced by Groovy Grape Tours ... and Australian International Education Service.

Cooking with gas!

1553834538304.jpeg

There’s a pulse! Yes, the mighty InDaily is gone ... and so is Study Adelaide.

Replaced by Groovy Grape Tours ... and Australian International Education Service.

Cooking with gas!

View attachment 644024
There is alignment From 27 February International Student Program launch.

1553835108145.png

There is alignment From 27 February International Student Program launch.

View attachment 644029
Okay, so our reducing PAFC ‘China Program’ has been further reduced to an ‘International Student Program’ on which we receive an inadequate commission on whatever ‘business’ is done. Maybe.

Then we share in the spoils if any from the Shanghai Match partners, even if we do nothing to secure them. I see intense longevity there.

Then we have the penny ante China Power Club.

Then we have Mr. Gui and his underwriting of the costs of the Shanghai Match, but no take-home surplus.

And we have Mr. Gui and the eCommerce dit dah dat dit doo that was signed on stage with KT before the Shanghai Match last year, but have heard SFA about since.

Then we have the good old SA Government.

And that’s all folks.

Oh half a mo. I forgot Terry White Chemmart.

Having failed to achieve half our target revenue for ‘China’ in 2018 ... Koch tells us to believe him when he says we’re going to make half a mil clean profit out of China in 2019. He’s talking in Vietnam dong, I guess.

Aim low, produce lower.

Cathay Pacific: gone, not replaced.
EnergyAustralia: gone, not replaced.
Renault: gone, not replaced.
MJK: gone, not replaced (2017’s Shanghai on-stage trumpet blast Koch deal-signing fly-in fly-out).
AusGold / Sally Zou: gone, good riddance, not replaced as yet with someone who actually exists.
PAFC Commercial Executive/s: still there, not replaced.
PAFC China Commercial Executives: never existed or kept out of China for ‘community’ reasons, nothing to replace.
PAFC CHINA STRATEGY: Gone, replaced by ‘community’ charity smoke and mirrors and tailspin.

Okay, so our reducing PAFC ‘China Program’ has been further reduced to an ‘International Student Program’ on which we receive an inadequate commission on whatever ‘business’ is done. Maybe.

Then we share in the spoils if any from the Shanghai Match partners, even if we do nothing to secure them. I see intense longevity there.

Then we have the penny ante China Power Club.

Then we have Mr. Gui and his underwriting of the costs of the Shanghai Match, but no take-home surplus.

And we have Mr. Gui and the eCommerce dit dah dat dit doo that was signed on stage with KT before the Shanghai Match last year, but have heard SFA about since.

Then we have the good old SA Government.

And that’s all folks.

Oh half a mo. I forgot Terry White Chemmart.

Having failed to achieve half our target revenue for ‘China’ in 2018 ... Koch tells us to believe him when he says we’re going to make half a mil clean profit out of China in 2019. He’s talking in Vietnam dong, I guess.

Aim low, produce lower.

Cathay Pacific: gone, not replaced.
EnergyAustralia: gone, not replaced.
Renault: gone, not replaced.
MJK: gone, not replaced (2017’s Shanghai on-stage trumpet blast Koch deal-signing fly-in fly-out).
AusGold / Sally Zou: gone, good riddance, not replaced as yet with someone who actually exists.
PAFC Commercial Executive/s: still there, not replaced.
PAFC China Commercial Executives: never existed or kept out of China for ‘community’ reasons, nothing to replace.
PAFC CHINA STRATEGY: Gone, replaced by ‘community’ charity smoke and mirrors and tailspin.
And I would add that they sold something at the end of last year that broke my heart. I don’t care about the reasons or the outcome. They broke something. And not just that by the look of it.

Omens.

I’ve written about them before. I’ve mentioned that I believe in them. Here’s one from last Thursday night.

Pro Drinkers Corner is in the Happy Valley Bar and Grill, right downstairs from where I live. My ashes will reside in an urn one day soon, on a ledge above Pro Drinkers Corner.

Thursday was warm, warmest day thus far this spring, 30 degrees. I put on shorts for the first time and down to PDC I go, round about four p.m.

I get home about 7:30, dig in my pocket. No keys. What I find instead is a hole - the hole that has been there since last summer. Keys have this time disappeared through that hole and, with them, the following:

1555199153155.png

I owe Interstater for this copy of his avatar. Thanks mate. I had one just like it, attached to my keys ... until last Thursday night.

Downstairs I go, eyes on the ground, tracing every step I’ve taken that afternoon. I ask at the HVBG, has anyone turned in a set of keys with a magpie on them? Negative. I examine every square inch of the Corner.

I give up, go home, feeling sad. No keys, which is a security issue, and no 1995 125th anniversary member’s badge, which is akin to a death in the family.

An hour later I say to Mrs. Road: “You know, if I came across a set of keys on the ground with a magpie badge on the ring I would put it on the nearest ledge. I wouldn’t leave it on the ground.”

Encouraged by Mrs. Road, who has seen the logic in my musings for the first time since ... ever ... I go down again, start rechecking the terrain, paying particular attention to ledges, railings, any likely horizontal surface.

I come upon my keys exactly where I’d visualised they’d be - on a planter ledge right outside the Happy Valley Bar & Grill.

One thing wrong. The Magpie 1995 badge is gone. Purloined. Nicked by someone with a guilty conscience. A genuine thief would’ve pitched the keys into the plants, or a bin, or taken the whole set home to work on without busting a fingernail.

Why am I posting this anecdote here?

Omen.

Not content with having me sacked as China advisor - as detailed earlier in this thread - the gods have now gone and separated me from the one item of valued PAFC memorabilia that for 24 years I carried around with me every time I left home.

Yes, omen. I remembered it, last night, sitting, looking at the last minute of the match, then reading a few of the posts on a variety of bad news threads that suddenly appeared.

It’s all Koch’s fault. Give me back my 1995 Magpie badge, Moi, you spiv.

No Shanghai skyline as suggested for 2018 jumper but

1555501162193.png

Jiangwan Stadium eastern stand. Took this photo from down in the Taste of Australia food court area.

1555502190655.png

No Shanghai skyline as suggested for 2018 jumper but

View attachment 656709

Jiangwan Stadium eastern stand. Took this photo from down in the Taste of Australia food court area.

View attachment 656720

No Shanghai skyline was suggested.

My idea was for exactly what appears on the backboard, ‘SHANGHAI’ and the iconic arches at Jiangwan Stadium ... with or without ‘2018’ to honour Gui Guojie and ‘his’ creation.

But now that the AFL are taking over and bringing in doubtfuls like Kennedy as ‘match’ sponsors the game has changed.

No Shanghai skyline was suggested.

My idea was for exactly what appears on the backboard, ‘SHANGHAI’ and the iconic arches at Jiangwan Stadium ... with or without ‘2018’ to honour Gui Guojie and ‘his’ creation.

But now that the AFL are taking over and bringing in doubtfuls like Kennedy as ‘match’ sponsors the game has changed.
My bad.

The GC had the Shanghai skyline on their jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back