Casey Cardinia FNL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Long year for you then mate! You've got some pretty handy players, but I heard that there will be another exodus next year as well.

I've been following them for years. TBH there is probably only 4-6 players that would be a loss. DeHey, Jago. Velardo, McInnes are all class and would get games in all sides. Meadows have some promising kids but in reality are a country club in a city comp. Very hard to compete with populations like Narre, Berwick, Pakenham etc.

This year has been harder as Glover hasn't been available and I would not be surprised if they don't play on it next season as well. The ground is still a mud pit and no where near finished.

That is an interesting article.
Instead of trying to make a two tier system though, why not go all the way & merge the two leagues into a 3 division comp?

i would rather do it within the MPNFL. imagine a league with Cranny, Narre, Berwick, Karingal, Frankston YCW, Sorrento, Rye, Hastings, Chelsea And Hampton Park. and then 2 lower divions with the likes of Devon Meadows, Pearcedale, Mornington, Tooradin, ROC, Red Hill, Tyabb, Keysborough, Mt Eliza and Langwarrin in the lowest divion which are mostly all smaller town clubs which makes it hard for them to produce alot of younger players with out paying big bucks. would make all games a lot closer and if u battled in div 1 or 2 you could go down and compete with teams against your own quality.

i would rather do it within the MPNFL. imagine a league with Cranny, Narre, Berwick, Karingal, Frankston YCW, Sorrento, Rye, Hastings, Chelsea And Hampton Park. and then 2 lower divions with the likes of Devon Meadows, Pearcedale, Mornington, Tooradin, ROC, Red Hill, Tyabb, Keysborough, Mt Eliza and Langwarrin in the lowest divion which are mostly all smaller town clubs which makes it hard for them to produce alot of younger players with out paying big bucks. would make all games a lot closer and if u battled in div 1 or 2 you could go down and compete with teams against your own quality.
wouldnt like to be sorrento going all the way to Narre... lol

We are a country league and if you are worried about travelling 45 min to play against a side as good if not better then why play. I would rather play a hard fought close game than play in floggings as i have in 6 of the past 7 games played. It would mean that away wins would be worth more as there would be a much more biased crowd. Everyone seems to forget the we are a country league. Some leagues the closest side is 45 min away and they dont care as long as they get a game. I could also bet that if we had a relegation system we would easily rank as the best league in the VCFL.

We are a country league and if you are worried about travelling 45 min to play against a side as good if not better then why play. I would rather play a hard fought close game than play in floggings as i have in 6 of the past 7 games played. It would mean that away wins would be worth more as there would be a much more biased crowd. Everyone seems to forget the we are a country league. Some leagues the closest side is 45 min away and they dont care as long as they get a game. I could also bet that if we had a relegation system we would easily rank as the best league in the VCFL.

They tried it and it failed in the MPNFL with the premier league... I think it was because clubs were not making money on the gate with away supporters not travelling... I repeat I think that was the reason ???

This sounds pretty much the same but with Casey and Ellinbank teams and I can still see the same problem with supporters not wanting to travel that far.. ??

Interesting final last round. Berwick flogging Hampton Park and Beacy flogging Narre. Hampton Park are the biggest losers, going from 2nd to 4th! Narre and Berwick qualifying final is going to be a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I give Berwick a big chance to beat Narre, who've been poor the past two weeks. The Wickers were very impressive against HP.

HP and Pakky will be a good game. HP struggle on big grounds, but Pakky's form hasn't been great either. I think Pakky will win, but only by 2-3 goals.

HP made the fatal mistake of playing unfit players, One bloke played who couldnt kick - ridiculous. One or two injuries and it's curtains - No depth whatsoever.

Berwick played well, a big chance against Narre playing at home.
Pakenham at home - huge advantage over Hp and should win.

Two teams getting home finals - :confused:

Cranbourne are sitting pretty - nothings certain, but flag in the bag as far as I'm concerned.

Cranny are definitely the one to beat. They're going to play 6-8 senior blokes that have qualified for the reserves this weekend, so they'll be ready to go. I don't think they'll choke again.

I think that narre will prove to good for Berwick and pakky to outrun hp on the much bigger ground.
whatever happens its going to be a great finals series

As most people expected, Pakenham defeated Hampton Park today by 34 points.

Next week;
Cranbourne v Berwick at Berwick on Saturday
Pakenham v Narre Warren at Pakenham on Sunday

I'm looking forward to these games more than this weekend.

As most people expected, Pakenham defeated Hampton Park today by 34 points.

Next week;
Cranbourne v Berwick at Berwick on Saturday
Pakenham v Narre Warren at Pakenham on Sunday

I'm looking forward to these games more than this weekend.

should be some great footy - its a bit poor that they cant swap the venues to avoid home ground advantage though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back