Casey Cardinia - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Keysborough should have taken the offer from the SFL a few years back, it would have been a nice fit.

Norm Walker (seniors) - Scott Meyer (Beaconsfield)
Bill Williamson (Reserves) - Jacob Huisman (Pakenham)
George Gilmore (Thirds) - Hayden Spierings (Narre Warren)
Sue Jones (Development) - Josh Craig (Hampton Park)

Coach of the Year - Chris Toner (Narre Warren)
MVP - Michael Collins (Narre Warren)

Norm Walker (seniors) - Scott Meyer (Beaconsfield)
Bill Williamson (Reserves) - Jacob Huisman (Pakenham)
George Gilmore (Thirds) - Hayden Spierings (Narre Warren)
Sue Jones (Development) - Josh Craig (Hampton Park)

Coach of the Year - Chris Toner (Narre Warren)
MVP - Michael Collins (Narre Warren)
Can someone please advise why Sue Jones has the medal named after her? No disrespect to Sue but surely there would be umpteen Club or local identities more deserving of the medal than a paid office employee of the league?

The point was scored just be before the siren apparently, Narre also won the reserves & 18's premiership, time they moved to the a Eastern league I think.

Narre by a point! Looks like it was a great game.

Narre well in control at half time. The Eagles stormed back with a big third quarter to go in only a couple of kicks down. Scores deadlocked with seconds to go when Narre snagged a point. Also won the ressies (by plenty) and the U18's (also by less than a kick) and the U18 development comp. 4 from 4

Seniors first undefeated season since Doveton eight years ago, also broke the consecutive wins record (36).

Bloody good effort (which I say grudgingly :eek:), they are a very well run club.

Go Wickers!!!

Can anyone see Narre's dominance ending anytime soon?

Not for a while, they have a never ending supply of juniors coming through....

What I wanna know is where do the juniors who aren't quite good enough to break into their ones end up...???

Sure plenty hang around and win flags in the magoos... But I reckon there would be heaps of players that would be ones players anywhere else that end up leaving...?

Not for a while, they have a never ending supply of juniors coming through....

What I wanna know is where do the juniors who aren't quite good enough to break into their ones end up...???

Sure plenty hang around and win flags in the magoos... But I reckon there would be heaps of players that would be ones players anywhere else that end up leaving...?

They go to opposition clubs, or the Southern Football League, Ellinbank etc.
Do Narre have any plans to go to Eastern?
It's just gonna be the same old story year after year if they don't.
When's the last time Narre even missed the finals?

Can anyone see Narre's dominance ending anytime soon?

Doesn't look like it will, they still have guys like Tonna and Parker who are 21-22 and already some of the best players in the league. They also have a very strong junior affiliation which will help.

Anyways, the grand final on the weekend was easily the best game of footy I've ever seen at local level, only just pipping the Peninsula granny the week before. Both absolute crackers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like everyone is leaving Cranny, and it's looking like Keysy are picking up some good players. Change is coming in Casey...

Seems like everyone is leaving Cranny, and it's looking like Keysy are picking up some good players. Change is coming in Casey...

Hope so. As much as I like Narre as a club, the league has become pretty boring the past few years and if Cranny are weakened, then it's only going to get worse.

Any news on players/clubs? Signings, walkouts, recruiting?

Chris Kelf: Beacy to Emerald
Beau Miller: Tooradin to Devon Meadows
Matt Wade: Tooradin to Nar Nar Goon
Justin Berry: Cranny to Hastings

Keysy are looking to sign a few Dandy Stingrays and a couple from Noble Park, as well as a good CHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back