Casey Cardinia - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not really surprised that Casey Cardinia has split from the rest of the league. There was a lot of dissatisfaction during the 2010 and 2011 finals that the CC league was treated like a poor cousin by the league administration. Many CC clubs believe the league only cared about the other two divisions. It will be interesting to see how the league develops - if they build up the number of clubs or if they can breach the divide between the top clubs (Narre, Beacy, Cranny, Berwick and Pakky) who always seem to make the finals every year and the others who struggle. Nevertheless, the league is in its own hands now so we'll see what they do with it.

2 VAFA clubs looking for a venue for 3 practice matches on 21 or 22 March. If your ground is available please PM & I will pass on details. Your club obviously gets ground hire fee, centeen & bar takings. Thanks

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2014-11-18/league-agrees-to-split/

The Casey Cardinia FNL have been given permission to break away from the MPNFL system. The name is likely to be the SEFNL.

Will we need to restart this thread in the Gippsland thread or separately in Regional - Vic Country?

I'm curious. The SFL is changing its name to SFNL. The Casey Cardinia FNL will be re-named the SEFNL. Similarity in names poses the question: Is there a long term agenda here to integrate the two leagues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it seems the SEFNL is becoming a "metro" league (unlike the EDFL) and does it seem that far fetched that Clayton could play Narre Warren or Doveton Eagles play Doveton if the leagues are re-configured into a number of geographic divisions.

Correction was thinking of ellinbank re EDFL.

Last edited:
Premier Division EDFL Club looking for a practice match 12th of March. The game will consist of 3 Grades, full quarters plus time on and can host

Please PM for more info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back