Carlton's first AFLW Practice Match this Saturday (21/01)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches are going to have to be very careful not to kill the game before it gains some leverage among fans. Too many dour, defensive games could quickly see spectators looking at other entertainment options.

It could be the coaches, it could also be the spread of talent amongst the players too. We may find the best are very good but it falls away quickly after the top half a dozen. It will need time to find its rhythm but I think people assuming it will be an awesome spectacle from day one because it is footy and we all want it to could be disappointed. Time will tell and ultimately the fans will vote with their feet if the action and matches are good.

Go Blues. Photos show there's passion for the jumper (albeit a modification). Great to see.

Potential shift to Princes Park for the opening game due to the lack of infrastructure at Olympic Park may be a good sign of things to come for our bottom line.

Maybe the AFL sees the need for Princes Park and contributes to our maintenance costs, rather than just us.

The AFL's stubbornness nearly turned this game into a farcical embarrassment.
Princess Park should be the major ground for a lot of these games but in their haste to give us nothing, they nearly shot themselves in the foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is great for our history. That the very first women's AFL game will now be played at Princess Park. I will now certainly attend & stand in my usual spot under the Pratt stand. GO BLUES!!!
The AFL's stubbornness nearly turned this game into a farcical embarrassment.
Princess Park should be the major ground for a lot of these games but in their haste to give us nothing, they nearly shot themselves in the foot.
:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back