Capricornia league

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Brothers have any plans of getting some more players in? Also, what's the addy of your blog Mooks?

What happened with Fragiacomo, why did he leave ?

Apparantly he sent an E-Mail saying it was the right thing for him professionally and for the league to go to Panthers. He is the Area Development Manager for this region after all. That's the latest story I heard. Personally I couldn't care less.

Ok, Round 7 was played on Saturday, with serious amounts of ownage dished out.

Rockhampton Panthers:.......16.18.(114)
Gladstone Mudcrabs:...........4.2.(26)

I only got to see the 2nd half of this game, it was billed as a blockbuster- 1st against 2nd, but the Muddies had nothing, they were flogged everywhere. Panthers veteran Gordon Oxenham got 4 goals, along with Adam Kaufmann and Marcus Britt. Pretty impressive since Panthers had a few players out too.

Glenmore Bulls:..................25.14.(164)
Brothers:..........................6.7.(43)

Glenmore bounces back after being kept to only 12 points against Panthers last week. Rumours that Glenmore had a crisis meeting after that flogging, so they've responded, we'll see what effect it has in the coming weeks. Dean Woosnam kicked 5 goals for Glenmore.

BITS Saints:......................30.14.(194)
Yeppoon Swans:................5.5.(35)

Another dose of arsekicking dealt out, looks like the wheels have fallen off for the Swans, I think Trent Rapp (Swans best player) is out for a few weeks too, but not 100% sure) so the next 3 or so weeks will really determine where Yeppoon is at. BITS look to be back in form too after some surprising losses earlier in the season.

Ladder:

Panthers: 28
BITS:......16
Gladstone: 16
Yeppoon:...16
Glenmore:..8
Brothers:...0

Cheers.

Glenmore bounces back after being kept to only 12 points against Panthers last week. Rumours that Glenmore had a crisis meeting after that flogging, so they've responded, we'll see what effect it has in the coming weeks. Dean Woosnam kicked 5 goals for Glenmore.

But the BIG story was......M.Jeffrey 2 goals of our 6!

Mmmmkay, round 8 of the comp was completed on Saturday, here's the results.

Gladstone Mudcrabs:...10.13.(73)
Brothers:...................9.8.(62)

Brothers get pretty close to their first win but Gladstone manage to hold off the Roos.

Rockhampton Panthers:.16.15.(111)
Yeppoon Swans:..........11.4.(70)

The first half was all Yeppoon, Panthers playing some shitehouse footy, but after half time Panthers turned it around totally, eventually winning by a decent margin. Kaufmann and Ennis got 5 goals apiece for Panthers. Also playing for Panthers was Peter Penaia, usually he plays rugby league in the Queensland Cup but he got suspended so he's playing Aussie Rules instead. Pete had a great 2nd half in the ruck and laid some crunching tackles, I'm tipping a couple of the Yeppoon boys are still shitting sand...........

BITS Saints:.................21.18.(144)
Glenmore Bulls:.............6.7.43

Boyne Island are back in form, Glenmore copping a pasting. Darren Boase slotted 7 goals for the Saints.

Ladder:

Panthers:.32
BITS:......20
Gladstone:20
Yeppoon:.16
Glenmore:.8
Brothers:..0

Next matches are on June 16, match of the round will be Panthers at home to BITS, will be an epic.

Cheers.:thumbsu:

Mmmmkay, round 8 of the comp was completed on Saturday, here's the results.

Gladstone Mudcrabs:...10.13.(73)
Brothers:...................9.8.(62)

Brothers get pretty close to their first win but Gladstone manage to hold off the Roos.

Also playing for Panthers was Peter Penaia, usually he plays rugby league in the Queensland Cup but he got suspended so he's playing Aussie Rules instead.

I hope the Comets tell him not to play in 3 weeks time.....

As for us, we were leading with 2 minutes to go, then came a dubious free for a high one...

Ouch, that's gotta hurt, so close yet so far. As for Pete, I get the feeling he'll be around for a while. Also, while I'm at it, Yeppoon are bogan sooks, quite appropriate that there's a run down caravan park next to the ground..............

G'day, Round 9 was conducted on Saturday, here's the results:

Gladstone Mudcrabs:....15.16.(106)
Glenmore Bulls:............13.3.(81)

Glenmore threw this one away, they kicked 8 goals in the 1st quarter to lead by 41, then only kicked one goal in the next two quarters, letting Gladstone run over the top. Dean Woosnam kicked 6 goals in a losing cause for Glenmore. You'd say they're gone from finals contention now really.

Yeppoon Swans:..........19.15.(129)
Brothers:....................14.5.(89)

Brothers seem to be improving, but still denied a first win in the Seniors. Yeppoon had to play without Wes Hawke, who has been suspended for 6 matches (should've copped more, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles) Chapman booted 9 goals for Yeppoon in Hawke's absence.

Rockhampton Panthers:..16.22(118)
BITS:..........................7.6.(48)

This was billed as a blockbuster, BITS looked to be back in form and Panthers were missing 8 first team players, but no, BITS were never really in it. Only poor kicking from Panthers prevented a total annihilation. BITS looked ok for a small period, but man mountain Peter Penaia (he is ****ing huge!) kicked a couple of goals in quick succession, then the floodgates opened. So Panthers remain unbeaten after 9 rounds.

Ladder:

Panthers: 36
Gladstone: 24
BITS: 20
Yeppoon: 20
Glenmore: 8
Brothers: 0

Next round is a quick turnaround, this coming weekend.

Cheers,

:thumbsu:

G'day, Round 9 was conducted on Saturday, here's the results:

Gladstone Mudcrabs:....15.16.(106)
Glenmore Bulls:............13.3.(81)

Glenmore threw this one away, they kicked 8 goals in the 1st quarter to lead by 41, then only kicked one goal in the next two quarters, letting Gladstone run over the top. Dean Woosnam kicked 6 goals in a losing cause for Glenmore. You'd say they're gone from finals contention now really.

Yeppoon Swans:..........19.15.(129)
Brothers:....................14.5.(89)

Brothers seem to be improving, but still denied a first win in the Seniors. Yeppoon had to play without Wes Hawke, who has been suspended for 6 matches (should've copped more, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles) Chapman booted 9 goals for Yeppoon in Hawke's absence.

Rockhampton Panthers:..16.22(118)
BITS:..........................7.6.(48)

This was billed as a blockbuster, BITS looked to be back in form and Panthers were missing 8 first team players, but no, BITS were never really in it. Only poor kicking from Panthers prevented a total annihilation. BITS looked ok for a small period, but man mountain Peter Penaia (he is ****ing huge!) kicked a couple of goals in quick succession, then the floodgates opened. So Panthers remain unbeaten after 9 rounds.

Ladder:

Panthers: 36
Gladstone: 24
BITS: 20
Yeppoon: 20
Glenmore: 8
Brothers: 0

Next round is a quick turnaround, this coming weekend.

Cheers,

:thumbsu:

Herbs

As i'm in victoria just wondering does this league have a bye every 3 or 4 weeks. If so is this due to the long distances between clubs? How do the clubs go support wise or is rugby league still the prefered sport?

Cheers

Herbs

As i'm in victoria just wondering does this league have a bye every 3 or 4 weeks. If so is this due to the long distances between clubs? How do the clubs go support wise or is rugby league still the prefered sport?

Cheers

We break for most long weekends (Easter, Labor Day, Queen's Birthday, ANZAC Day if it falls on that weekend). This year there was also a break for the Under 16 Country Carnival which was held in Rockhampton. And then there's a break for Rep duties in 2 weeks (Squad to be confirmed to play Bundy/Wide Bay).

League is well supported, but the gap is closing gradually. Of course, they have an advantage because they have the Comets who play in the Qld Cup. But we tend to share resources, some of our players for instance have played Union or even The World Game at some stage this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herbs

Cheers

G'day, there's pretty good support for the league here, but rugby league is the region's main focus, even though the CQ Comets suck (1 win out of 12 or so matches this year in the Qld Cup) Pete Penaia, who is currently playing for Panthers, is a forward for the Comets, but is serving a suspension and playing with us to keep fit (he used to play Aussie Rules full time years ago) Each team plays 15 matches in the regular season plus the finals. Grand final day is the 1st of September this year. 6 teams in the comp, 3 from Rockhampton, 2 from Gladstone and Yeppoon, which is 20 mins from Rocky.

Thanks boys. I was up in rocky earlier in the year and had a look at a couple of the grounds and they had decent enough facilities. Is there much player movement between local clubs? I see Dean Woosman is kicking a few goals. Is he coaching Glenmore?

I'm 99.9% sure that Dean Woosnam doesn't coach Glenmore. As for player movement, it happens, Panther picked up a few players this year that have put them up over the top, but interestingly, their best players on gameday are usually guys that have been there a while.

Is that Adam Kauffman you mentioned for the Panthers from Tassie?

Yeah, 'Koffers' is a former Tassie boy, he's selling cars up here now. He's also gained the nickname of 'Homer Simpson' by the league's major sponsor when he was watching one of the games a while back.

I'm 99.9% sure that Dean Woosnam doesn't coach Glenmore. As for player movement, it happens, Panther picked up a few players this year that have put them up over the top, but interestingly, their best players on gameday are usually guys that have been there a while.

Do you guys play any night games up there due to the hot humid conditions early in the season? Most probably get used to it though after a while. Whats the standard like compared to the Mackay and Carins leagues?

Cheers

Do you guys play any night games up there due to the hot humid conditions early in the season? Most probably get used to it though after a while. Whats the standard like compared to the Mackay and Carins leagues?

Cheers

No night matches this year, Panthers, who are based at the Rocky Cricket Grounds, have night matches early in the season if we have a home game scheduled, but it wasn't to be this year, hopefully next year. As for the standard, overall it's not as good as Mackay and especially Cairns, but the top sides this year in our league could give the Mackay boys a good fight I think. Panthers played a preseason game against a Mackay team (who are pretty damn good) and did well until we pretty much subbed off all of the first team players for ressies guys and first time hacks like me.:eek:

It does get hot most of the time, but today's an exception, it's ****ing freezing!

G'day, Round 10 was completed on Saturday, here's the results:

Glenmore Bulls:.....7.7.(49)
Yeppoon Swans:...6.7.(49)

Low scoring affair at Yeppoon due to wet and extremely muddy conditions, Dean Woosnam took charge for Glenmore, kicking four goals.

BITS Saints:.........6.7.(43)
Gladstone Mudcrabs:.3.21.(39)

Another low scoring match, BITS battled through for the points in the local derby.

Rockhampton Panthers:. (23.23.(161)
Brothers:.....................(0.0.0)

Yep, that's right folks, Brothers were kept blank on the scoreboard all game, absolute arsekicking, even though it was wet, muddy and friggen cold at the Rocky Cricket Grounds. Adam Kaufmann bagged nine majors while Clint Ennis showed excellent hands, kicking 5 of his own and handing off for lots more. I don't think you'll see a game as lopsided as this one.

Ladder:

Panthers: 40
BITS:......24
Gladstone:24
Yeppoon:.20
Glenmore:12
Brothers:..0

Next matches are in 2 weeks time.

Cheers,

Herbs

Yep, that's right folks, Brothers were kept blank on the scoreboard all game, absolute arsekicking, even though it was wet, muddy and friggen cold at the Rocky Cricket Grounds. Adam Kaufmann bagged nine majors while Clint Ennis showed excellent hands, kicking 5 of his own and handing off for lots more. I don't think you'll see a game as lopsided as this one.

Hey don't blame us. 3/4 of the side were doubling up and most of us were frozen by half time....

Hey don't blame us. 3/4 of the side were doubling up and most of us were frozen by half time....

**** me, brothers sounds like they are in dire straights.

Will they still be in the comp next year??

Going scoreless is a disgrace, they lost some quality players (ie, a gun CHB who didn't have the height of a KPP but could read the play and run off his man to create, a gun player).

How many goals have you kicked mick?

Well watched the local news tonight, Brothers are saying that they're looking at financial incentives to bring new players in............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back