Can’t justify a new thread - still want to post it though, (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

And he was poor at it. He’s thrived at Geelong since moving to a different role. He’s not relevant to this discussion.
Kicked 21 from 15 games as a second year, couldn’t lock down a role because of defensive deficiencies, not because of his capabilities playing tall.
time and fitness could have easily seen him playing the role better than AJ is capable of, and far more consistently.

Ollie understood with McStays recruitment he’d get less opportunities that was critical to his decision to leave, as was discussed at length here at the time.
Ollie wanted to play with his brother at all costs. Don’t kid yourself otherwise. The McStay recruitment was a convenient excuse and nothing more.

Ollie wanted to play with his brother at all costs. Don’t kid yourself otherwise. The McStay recruitment was a convenient excuse and nothing more.
If you think that McStay recruitment had no influence on the case Geel made for him to leave, then I’d say you greatly underestimate them.
What better reason to leave than the prospect of MORE opportunity.

Without this carrot, he wasn’t leaving to play VFL just to be with his brother.

Kicked 21 from 15 games as a second year, couldn’t lock down a role because of defensive deficiencies, not because of his capabilities playing tall.
time and fitness could have easily seen him playing the role better than AJ is capable of, and far more consistently.
Ollie Henry was great at getting out the back and making his chances count but wasn’t effective target for the rest of match. Johnson had exactly the same defensive deficiencies if not was even worse. He got in the side because he was more capable of playing tall.

I have not doubt Henry would be improved in that role with time and fitness but not enough for him to be an effective player against Buckley or Taylor.

If you think that McStay recruitment had no influence on the case Geel made for him to leave, then I’d say you greatly underestimate them.
What better reason to leave than the prospect of MORE opportunity.

Without this carrot, he wasn’t leaving to play VFL just to be with his brother.
There was literally talk that he would leave to Geelong from any club that recuited him before he was even drafted. You’re kidding yourself, the only circumstance he would have stayed at Collingwood is if Geelong didn’t want him.

Ollie Henry was great at getting out the back and making his chances count but wasn’t effective target for the rest of match. Johnson had exactly the same defensive deficiencies if not was even worse. He got in the side because he was more capable of playing tall.

I have not doubt Henry would be improved in that role with time and fitness but not enough for him to be an effective player against Buckley or Taylor.
Sorry but that’s not true. Ollie had very good hands, he wasn’t just an out the back player.

Sorry but that’s not true. Ollie had very good hands, he wasn’t just an out the back player.
Yeah I don't know where that came from. I think this pretty much has all his 2022 goals:

He got out the back a lot more last year for Geelong - but that's because he was playing a more mixed role where he'd get higher up the ground and then break back into 50 and not just as an inside 50 marking target like he playe with us. More classy snaps in general play in that 2022 package than I remember.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know where that came from. I think this pretty much has all his 2022 goals:

He got out the back a lot more last year for Geelong - but that's because he was playing a more mixed role and not just as a marking target. More classy snaps in general play in that 2022 package than I remember.

There a couple more marks running towards the ball then I remember but still all of them he had a free run and jump at the ball. He’s not getting that against GWS on Saturday and he’s still better running towards goal.

Ollie understood with McStays recruitment he’d get less opportunities that was critical to his decision to leave, as was discussed at length here at the time.
It's time posters like yourself get over the jealousy of Henry walking out on us. He was always heading to Geelong after his initial contract, McStay had nothing to do with it. There was even a post from a relative on BF who stated this would happen from day 1.

We could have made him captain and guaranteed him every game, every year and he would have still walked. Our recruiting staff should have known this when he was drafted.

He kicked over 40 goals last year in his first year with the Cats. He has serious, elite aerial ability from any position in a marking contest whether in front, from behind or the side. He would have walked into our side last year and ditto this year.

Yes ,we all feel hurt at the rejection but the constant putdowns of his ability is simply jealousy and just plain wrong. Get over it. We are not the magic destination club that many our supporters believe we are.

There was literally talk that he would leave to Geelong from any club that recuited him before he was even drafted. You’re kidding yourself, the only circumstance he would have stayed at Collingwood is if Geelong didn’t want him.
Like I said - you are kidding yourself if you think he would have left to play VFL - just to be at the same club as his brother.
McStay’s recruitment sealed the deal - Ollie left for more opportunity and not just because of his brother.

I think I’ve made my point - no need for further debate.

Last edited:
It's time posters like yourself get over the jealousy of Henry walking out on us. He was always heading to Geelong after his initial contract, McStay had nothing to do with it. There was even a post from a relative on BF who stated this would happen from day 1.

We could have made him captain and guaranteed him every game, every year and he would have still walked. Our recruiting staff should have known this when he was drafted.

He kicked over 40 goals last year in his first year with the Cats. He has serious, elite aerial ability from any position in a marking contest whether in front, from behind or the side. He would have walked into our side last year and ditto this year.

Yes ,we all feel hurt at the rejection but the constant putdowns of his ability is simply jealousy and just plain wrong. Get over it. We are not the magic destination club that many our supporters believe we are.
Read my posts carefully - I’ve said he’s not a KPF because he lacks size.
I’ve not bagged his ability in any way.

And what’s this jealousy stuff - jealous of what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read my posts carefully - I’ve said he’s not a KPF because he lacks size.
I’ve not bagged his ability in any way.

And what’s this jealousy stuff - jealous of what?
It can’t be that he lives in Geelong.

Like I said - you are kidding yourself if you think he would have left to play VFL - just to be at the same club as his brother.
McStay’s recruitment sealed the deal - Ollie left for more opportunity and not just because of his brother.

He wasn’t going to play VFL for anyone, he had too much talent for that. One more preseason was all he was going to need to break in to the pies lineup, why do you think we fought so hard to keep him. Stop kidding yourself.

Your point is lousy, and you’re right, you should stop posting about it.

How did Collingwood recruiting McStay impact whether he played AFL or VFL for the Cats?

How did Collingwood recruiting McStay impact whether he played AFL or VFL for the Cats?
He logically thought he was shuffled down the pecking order for fwd spots, and so playing more VFL time was likely at Coll.
And Geel would have emphasized that he’d get more senior time.

I don’t believe his move was entirely to due with his bother- because logically playing in the VFL ( if there was a lack of opportunity) just to be with your brother, would never have happened,

Last edited:
He logically thought he was scuffled down the pecking order for fwd spots, and so playing more VFL time was likely at Coll.
And Geel would have emphasized that he’d get more senior time.

I don’t believe his move was entirely to due with his bother- because logically playing in the VFL ( if there was a lack of opportunity) just to be with your brother, would never have happened,
Maybe. But Cats had Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan and they're not the sort of club that would guarantee a kid games. He had to earn his spot there too.

Maybe. But Cats had Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan and they're not the sort of club that would guarantee a kid games. He had to earn his spot there too.
That’s why he played HF and wing.
Clearly they had a plan.

I was of the opinion in addition to the players you mentioned, there was Holmes, Miers, Close, Stengle all ahead of him.
So they sold him a vision that included playing wing which we didn’t explore.

That’s why he played HF and wing.
Clearly they had a plan.

I was of the opinion in addition to the players you mentioned, there was Holmes, Miers, Close, Stengle all ahead of him.
So they sold him a vision that included playing wing which we didn’t explore.
He kicked a lot of goals last year - he was played closer to goal than you're suggesting. Unfortunately, he's going to be a ripper for the Cats.

That doesn't make him a KPF.

Only taken Carowhine 1 week to pot Maynard and by extension Collingwood.

According to her Maynard is responsible for the medical retirement of Brayshaw.

In reality it was merely the last in a long line of concussions for him.

According to her Maynard shouldn't have made the visit to the Brayshaw home in the days following the incident.

In reality it took great courage for Maynard to turn up in person to offer an apology for what unfolded accidentally.

According to her Maynard is an example of a player that should have been sent off if that rule was to be introduced.

In reality he was cleared by the tribunal.

Can’t agree on Ollie - he’s 6cm smaller than AJ. He doesn’t have the size for a KPF.
AJ’s best is better than Ollie.

So at their best I’m taking AJ. He needs to get back to the form against Melb in RD 22? in 2022, where he was awesome.

I know AJ is testing our patience - but I remain hopeful.
I want AJ to succeed, but has he arrived in Sydney yet? Jesus.

My mistake. She is a POC though. I find it hard to accept that white people can be offended by being called white.
I assume that until they prove that the arresting officer isn't a Caucasian male who doesn't know the identity of their father then Sam must be considered innocent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back