Cameron Cloke

Height: 196

Weight: 100

Date of Birth: 19 June 1986

Nickname:

Contract Details: Standard rookie contract

Position: Ruck/Key position

SANFL Club: Port Adelaide Magpies

Recruited From: Carlton/Collingwood/Park Orchards (Vic)

Career Games: 57 (36 Carlton; 21 Collingwood)

Career Goals: 36 (25 Carlton; 11 Collingwood)

More info on Cameron Cloke
link
Blair Hartley said: "We did our homework and we suspected Cameron would still be there at pick No.41. We think we've got the younger lighter framed, developing ruckmen, so we wanted to pick a stronger, more competitive and physically stronger ruckman to back up our younger guys. He kicked five goals in the VFL grand final and was a dominant player, so we think he's ready to step up and play. We think he can step up and play in the ruck for us, but really he's a key position player. In the short-term, the back-up ruckman might be where he gets his opportunity."
link

Re: Cameron Cloke (Rookie)

Cam welcomes Ben Cousins back to AFL footy.

[YOUTUBE]7y86kwoBv4Q[/YOUTUBE]

About as likely to be used as that jar of miscellaneous nuts, bolts and screws in my shed. But so, so hard to just throw them away - hey, the analogy holds up here as well!

About as likely to be used as that jar of miscellaneous nuts, bolts and screws in my shed. But so, so hard to just throw them away - hey, the analogy holds up here as well!

Nothing wrong with a bit of mongrel in the squad... he seems like one of those characters who would will the best out of each lad, Maybe Sentanna has the heart of a pea and couldn't take straight shooting, constructive critisism...?

....Maybe Sentanna has the heart of a pea and couldn't take straight shooting, constructive critisism...?
Hmmm. Gives me an idea for a thread. I may take your post and quote it whole to start it off

I was thinking one of the motives at least short term in drafting Cameron would be to help out our brothers in the Magpies? Butcher too, I mean they could just be the players that PAMFC independently thought out but the clubs are meant to be working quite closely, it's nice to think they're (the clubs) doing their best to support each other on-field as well as off

I was thinking one of the motives at least short term in drafting Cameron would be to help out our brothers in the Magpies? Butcher too, I mean they could just be the players that PAMFC independently thought out but the clubs are meant to be working quite closely, it's nice to think they're (the clubs) doing their best to support each other on-field as well as off

Wishful thinking on your part - absolutely no chance of this being even remotely true.

Possibly mate,

Really depends on a few things at the moment.

We have the option of upgrading one player currently due to Rodan's injury, and Cloke and Hitchcock are the current two options.

With Lobbe not performing as we hoped in the AFL, and Westhoff not a Ruckman, Cloke may be an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the port club last night for a meal, which was bloody nice, and big Cam was out there training with the maggies. It was good to see him giving it 100% and dishing out some advice to some young kids.
On a side note, the Westhoff brothers look like bodybuilders compared to the maggies boys, I thought it was the under 18 till I saw a few faces I knew.

Heard a rumour that Glenelg are interested in recruiting Cam.

I feel sorry for the lad. Big beefy boy, but he just can't get things together.

Maybe a year with the Bays would do him good. Sometimes bad things turn into good things.

Thanks Cam for making an effort :)

Tony Bamford is keen to keep him at the Magpies.

link
Magpies coach Tony Bamford said the club was in talks with the AFL rookie about his future.

``He's the one I want the most,'' Bamford said.

``He's the kind of player we need the most at our club and has fitted in to the environment exceptionally well.

``I know he's got a close relationship with some of our players and we're really hopeful he'll stay if things (AFL) don't go his way.''
link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back