• 1 week

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • No suspension

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No case to answer

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two players contesting the ball and one arrived a split second before the other.
GWS player couldn't deviate his line and impact was inevitable.
In the contest for mine but who the fcuk knows the way AFL will adjudicate it.

Two players contesting the ball and one arrived a split second before the other.
BS, there was nothing to contest, it was a loose ball get. And brown was never getting it. Mccartin had every right to pick the ball up without a shoulder to the head. 4 weeks at an absolute minimum

If we are going to say the outcome will influence a suspension length, than the injured player's proneness to concussion should come into it.

Tom McCartin would get concussed walking the dog.

I suggest you rewatch it again there is so many alternatives (tackle??) he could of done it was a loose ball instead he arrived late and elbowed him in the face.

Game is seriously stuffed, nigh unwatchable if he cops more than a couple. Watch it in full speed not 0.2 speed like foxfooty show. Surely Mcartins history and susceptibility to head knocks will also be relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BS, there was nothing to contest, it was a loose ball get. And brown was never getting it. Mccartin had every right to pick the ball up without a shoulder to the head. 4 weeks at an absolute minimum
I suggest you rewatch it again there is so many alternatives (tackle??) he could of done it was a loose ball instead he arrived late and elbowed him in the face.

To save multiple posts I will respond the both of you at the same time. This is one that I have watched about 30 times in the last hour because the whole thing just baffles me with Brown. It doesn't look like he was entering the contest ready to knock out Mcartin and has his body open until he then pulls the arm in at the last moment to protect himself and hit Mcartin.

My only thought is that he thought the ball was going to bounce on and not up and back to Mcartin. He then must of thought that Mcartin was going to keep running forward so he could try and tackle him. Mcartin then slowed and then Brown protected himself and put Mcartin into next week.

This will be a 5 - 6 week one. Everything Brown decided to do was the wrong decision. Thinking the ball was going to bounce on and it bounces back. Thinks he can tackle Mcartin but Mcartin slows down and it looks like Brown is going to sail past him.

Brown should of kept his body open and tried and allowed his arm to wack Mcartin across the torso in an attempt to tackle. He wouldnt of been hurt doing that and he even could of caused a stoppage as well.

To save multiple posts I will respond the both of you at the same time. This is one that I have watched about 30 times in the last hour because the whole thing just baffles me with Brown. It doesn't look like he was entering the contest ready to knock out Mcartin and has his body open until he then pulls the arm in at the last moment to protect himself and hit Mcartin.

My only thought is that he thought the ball was going to bounce on and not up and back to Mcartin. He then must of thought that Mcartin was going to keep running forward so he could try and tackle him. Mcartin then slowed and then Brown protected himself and put Mcartin into next week.

This will be a 5 - 6 week one. Everything Brown decided to do was the wrong decision. Thinking the ball was going to bounce on and it bounces back. Thinks he can tackle Mcartin but Mcartin slows down and it looks like Brown is going to sail past him.

Brown should of kept his body open and tried and allowed his arm to wack Mcartin across the torso in an attempt to tackle. He wouldnt of been hurt doing that and he even could of caused a stoppage as well.

McCartin has a golf ball under his eye but thankfully seems okay no idea how he will go through the week.

Solid opportunity for a solid tackle around the waist or at least have both arms opened for a grab at the torso could of forced a turnover.

McCartin has a golf ball under his eye but thankfully seems okay no idea how he will go through the week.

Solid opportunity for a solid tackle around the waist or at least have both arms opened for a grab at the torso could of forced a turnover.
If there is no concussion he will get the same as Baker most likely which was 1 or 2 then.

Good that Mcartin is ok but not the family that you want to have hit head high.

Does the fact that Blakey have his hand squarely in the back of brown (potentially pushing him forward) come into consideration? The other point I would make is the vision from behind shows that he doesn't completely tuck his elbow in to brace for a bump, so contesting the ball may still have been his intention

Said in the game thread that is more unlucky that anything. The ball bounces up instead of forward, so it goes from Brown running on to it but into McCartin hands instead and then Brown is too late to adjust.

Will still get 3 but will be unlucky

Last edited:
Of all the bumps so far this year, this is the only one I reckon isn't an issue. He didn't even brace. I thought Toby Greene should go, Peter Wright should go, they both could've done more to avoid concussing someone and sacrificed the wellbeing of the person they collided with over themselves. In this instance I don't think Brown took any action, he didn't sacrifice mccartin to protect himself, they just collided running for the ball.

Back