Cairns AFL comp Grand Final disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive punch-on before the first bounce. Apparently the game went on however the medal presentation was cancelled.

Nth Cairns who is coached by former Nth Melbourne and Sydney Swans player Jason Love started the brawl just after the National Anthem. They won the game but it looks like the whole year could be a waste for all sides as Nth Cairns will be striped of the premiership ans no team will be the winner.
The Mail I have is that the Port Douglas coach was bashed and the Nth Cairns boys ran straight at the Port Douglas team. The umpires bounced the ball to break up the fight but the Port Douglas team had a heap of players on the bench who were injured from the fight. Nth Cairns who former Collingwood player Tyson Lane plays for should be ashamed of themselves.

From what I saw on Sky News, some people at Port Douglas are saying this was a premeditated incident. The news report also said there's the possibility of life bans for the perpetrators.

Just had a segment on it on Current Affair, and at the end they showed how it started.

The Nth. Cairns guys just jogged over as one big wave straight into the others after the anthem had finished and it was on... :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the report and the footage on A Current Affair, absolutely disgusting.

Although they say it takes two to fight, from the footage shown of when the fight broke out, it was definitely North Cairns who instigated it. After the anthem, when the Port Douglas team had all turned towards one another in a group huddle for final instruction before the first bounce, the North Cairns team just rushed at them while they all had their backs turned, opening up with punches.

It definitely looked pre-meditated, North Cairns all rushed as a team. It was disgraceful, several Port Douglas players were injured pretty badly, one requiring 25 stitches to his head. Several fights also broke out in the stands amongst the fans, there were also fans jumping the fence to get involved in the initial melee. Just a terrible day, a blight on regional football, everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. If North Cairns aren't stripped of the cup, then it'd be an even bigger disgrace.

Very bad thing to happen for Cairns footy. Not a good look.

By the looks of things, North Cairns had this all premeditated. If they wanna be intimidating in play, do it at the ball and pity those that get in your way! Not this gutless after-the-anthem cr*p! Gutless wonders!

I'm also curious as to why a rugby league fan decided to start this thread. Trying to make some kind of point? :confused:

From ABC News Online...

Investigations are continuing into the ugly brawl that marred the AFL Cairns grand final between North Cairns and Port Douglas on Saturday.

All 44 players, as well as officials and coaches from both teams, were involved in the incident before the match even began.

Six police units were called to Cazaly's Stadium, but a spokesman says they were too busy breaking up fights to make more than one arrest, a 36-year-old woman for obstructing police and contravening directions.

AFL officials are investigating the incident, and there is the possibility North Cairns could be stripped of the premiership, clubs could be disaffiliated and players could be deregistered.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek:

leonmagic said:
Like I said in another thread:

Just a pack of *******s trying to get their heads on TV.

Who really cares about their pathetic little league anyway??

Leon, i very much doubt they would of went into this thinking 'boy, i'm gonna be on TV for this'.

bakerman said:
Nth Cairns who is coached by former Nth Melbourne and Sydney Swans player Jason Love started the brawl just after the National Anthem.

Jason Love has always been known as a thug,especially from his days in the VFL at Port Melbourne.

Now it looks as though he may get what he deserves - a life ban.

Love faces life ban

I agree, I saw Jasom Love in the brawl on TV and he is a NON PLAYING COACH. What an idiot. I heard on Fox Footy last night that former Pies played Tyson Lane also playes for North Cairns. These types of players should know better.

leonmagic said:
Who really cares about their pathetic little league anyway??

This is a pathetic remark from someone who obviously believes that there's only the AFL and that's it. AFL Cairns is one of the stronger comps in Queensland - and I suggest (despite this obviously disgraceful incident) that you should show more respect for the grass roots of the great game of football.

This certainly explains why the GF result isn't up on the AFL Cairns website!

timelord said:
This is a pathetic remark from someone who obviously believes that there's only the AFL and that's it. AFL Cairns is one of the stronger comps in Queensland - and I suggest (despite this obviously disgraceful incident) that you should show more respect for the grass roots of the great game of football.

Pathetic???

That's what these pack of amatuer cheap pricks displayed on the weekend mate, so dont throw ********ing words at me.

I dont respect grass-roots football??? Get a ********ing clue, you have absolutely NO idea about my opinions, so dont jump to ridiculous conclusion after ONE bloody post. :mad:

leonmagic said:
Pathetic???

That's what these pack of amatuer cheap pricks displayed on the weekend mate, so dont throw ********ing words at me.

I dont respect grass-roots football??? Get a ********ing clue, you have absolutely NO idea about my opinions, so dont jump to ridiculous conclusion after ONE bloody post. :mad:

leon, just atleast show a little more respect to the leagues that give the AFL comp its players, if there was no grass roots then there would be none of that corporate ******** you lemmings follow :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back