Toast Bulldogs Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the only Australians who went to war were associated with Essendon or Collingwood.

On a serious note, the Anzac weekend game at Eureka Ballarat in 2022 featuring Long Tan/Vietnam veteran Bill Arkell speaking pre-match gave me chills, because I've read so much about that war and battle in particular. One of the more emotional experiences I've ever had at the footy, sadly I doubt many there knew who he was (not having a go at anyone, just feel he and his comrades should be more broadly recognised than they are).

I'm also someone who gets p1ssed off at the analogy drawn between footballers and those who served in the military every Anzac Day. I blame Sheedy for years of drawing parallels - yes, he served in the nashos, but he never set foot in a military zone, and footballers are as far removed from those their age who served, and died, under fire.

Sorry Scott Tracy , not anything to do with you, my reply just rambled off into a rant...

I am quite sure that the Western Suburbs would have provided the most cannon fodder, more than Essendon, not sure about working class Collingwood though.

IMG_2713.jpeg
This is a bizarre excuse for a clash jumper. What 4 year old designed this? IMG_4994.jpeg
This! The original post ‘Robodog’ clash was perfect. Deep red colouring and higher hoops. This also says ‘Footscray/Western Bulldogs instantly. I get the need for clash guernsey’s for certain match ups. Let’s still be us, not some childish version. If it’s money we are after? Geelong had a home game at the MCG on Saturday and got 87,000 fans in, 500 tickets probably made enough money for all these jumpers we potentially will sell (minus the real clash guernsey’s we still would have sold) without selling their identity. Maybe the CEO needs to get a marquee fixture or two, and make some coin that way, but never at expense of identity.
Research has been done that the guernsey is THE most important identity of any sporting club worldwide, don’t trivialise it.
Also, horizontal hoops, especially up near chest, not near belly like the Westy photo, are fashionable and are used in many sporting teams now in their off field apparel, time for club to use more.

View attachment 1974333
This is a bizarre excuse for a clash jumper. What 4 year old designed this? View attachment 1974334
This! The original post ‘Robodog’ clash was perfect. Deep red colouring and higher hoops. This also says ‘Footscray/Western Bulldogs instantly. I get the need for clash guernsey’s for certain match ups. Let’s still be us, not some childish version. If it’s money we are after? Geelong had a home game at the MCG on Saturday and got 87,000 fans in, 500 tickets probably made enough money for all these jumpers we potentially will sell (minus the real clash guernsey’s we still would have sold) without selling their identity. Maybe the CEO needs to get a marquee fixture or two, and make some coin that way, but never at expense of identity.
Research has been done that the guernsey is THE most important identity of any sporting club worldwide, don’t trivialise it.
Also, horizontal hoops, especially up near chest, not near belly like the Westy photo, are fashionable and are used in many sporting teams now in their off field apparel, time for club to use more.
At the considerable risk of earning your wrath, if the club has decided for whatever reason to scrap the obvious clash design you present above (which I fully agree is the perfect solution), I present the below alternative as an improvment of the current kit, to pay homage to the Bulldogs of the 70s, 80s and 90s.

1714367151866.png

I am quite sure that the Western Suburbs would have provided the most cannon fodder, more than Essendon, not sure about working class Collingwood though.
Once, long ago, in an Anzac Day thread, some clown pronounced that when the WWI diggers played scratch matches, they wore Essendon and Collingwood Jumpers !

Cannot wait for us to do away with the oversized colored neck, and the colored trim around the arm. They just do not flow at all. Keep it simple and clean.

A thin blue strip around the neck on the white top works, because it is white. But don't need the arms as well, or the oversized thing. On the Blue top, both the red and the white do not suit around the neck, keep it blue with the rest of it.

Last edited:
Excellent thread !

I can live with :
Bevo and his crazy selections and coaching
Timmy doing his best Milton the Monster impersonation
Jacko and Caleb walking hand in hand over the cliff together
VDM missing everything at 20 m
Flea constantly trying to out mark his 2 m + team mates, dislocating his elbow in the process

But I can’t live with:
That jumper.

We needs names !

Excellent thread !

I can live with :
Bevo and his crazy selections and coaching
Timmy doing his best Milton the Monster impersonation
Jacko and Caleb walking hand in hand over the cliff together
VDM missing everything at 20 m
Flea constantly trying to out mark his 2 m + team mates, dislocating his elbow in the process

But I can’t live with:
That jumper.

We needs names !
A few who might have liked that jumper are Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Omar al-Bashir, Kim Jong-il, Robert Mugabe, Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Genghis Khan, Oliver Cromwell, Napoleon Boneparte. Who is the director of marketing at the Club ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back