$1.45 per serve

With Water
Mixability............. 98/100
Taste.................... 83/100

With Milk
Mixability............... 85/100
Taste..................... 68/100

Comments
Not the greatest tasting "protein" powder I've ever had but not atrocious either. I tend to find protein powders taste better with milk, but not this one. Mixes great, especially in water. In terms of price, it is marginally more expensive than the typical WPI/WPC ($1.22 per serve). Offers considerably less protein too. On the other hand, offers considerably more carbs. However, at the end of the day, protein powders are taken for protein and we can always add oats or a banana to our shake is we are looking for extra carbs. Nice but obsolete.

I give it a 7 out of 10

Bulk nutrients are great.

When it comes to protein not sure why you would go anywhere else tbh

My favourite flavour is chocolate honeycombe.

Banana is good if you are in to that lolly banana taste.

Salted caramel is ok.

Will try some others in due course

I Do wish they had a better intraworkout

I Do wish they had a better intraworkout
I use BCAAs intraworkout, for the first time I bought the flavoured BCAAs (raspberry) and by god it's sweet, way way too sweet.
Will go back to just getting unflavoured BCAAs and adding a dash of cordial next order.

I use BCAAs intraworkout, for the first time I bought the flavoured BCAAs (raspberry) and by god it's sweet, way way too sweet.
Will go back to just getting unflavoured BCAAs and adding a dash of cordial next order.
the bulk nutrients flavouring sachets are zero calorie and pretty good in my experience, just add a pinch to my amino acids works a treat

Anyone tried the Protein Matrix+? Hadn't even noticed it on the site until today as my friend ordered some.

I usually just get the WPC but it looked pretty good and is of similar price.

Anyone tried the Protein Matrix+? Hadn't even noticed it on the site until today as my friend ordered some.

I never thought about getting it but now that you bring it up it is great value.

On Gold standard is a similar blend. But much pricier.

I've tried it, it mixes a bit thicker than WPI. Slightly lower protein content which is why its cheaper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day fellas, I'm pumping iron again since Jan 2 of the year, after a lengthy hiatus.

Picked up some protein powder and was taken a bit back by the range, I grabbed a 750g container of this cuz it was only $20, just to get the ball rolling:

Main-Image-Total-1-5kg__79002_1472012878_386_513.jpg

Last time I bought them there was basically just Max's n GNC, I get it that some are for lean gains & bulk gains etc, Anyway my question is what are the basic properties of these different powders that make them do what they say? Also what are the best ones & brands for shredding fat & building muscle?

G'day fellas, I'm pumping iron again since Jan 2 of the year, after a lengthy hiatus.

Picked up some protein powder and was taken a bit back by the range, I grabbed a 750g container of this cuz it was only $20, just to get the ball rolling:

View attachment 368795

Last time I bought them there was basically just Max's n GNC, I get it that some are for lean gains & bulk gains etc, Anyway my question is what are the basic properties of these different powders that make them do what they say? Also what are the best ones & brands for shredding fat & building muscle?

Very simply, there is no one protein powder that will bulk and cut any better than the other. This will all come down to how much or little you eat depending on your goals. Supplements do exactly that supplement, not replace.

Personally I stick with bulk nutrients as they are very cost effective and you can trust their products. Other companies can fill their protein powders with aminos to bulk up their protein content.

I just tried BN's vanilla Micellar Casein and good lord I can eat that thing with a spoon! It takes like cake mix (to me at least).

View attachment 368795

Pretty much the only difference between lean and bulk proteins are the carb/fat/protein ratios. Bulks have more carbs and fat, lean have less.

Pretty much the only difference between lean and bulk proteins are the carb/fat/protein ratios. Bulks have more carbs and fat, lean have less.
Cheers, makes sense.

I noticed swisse is now doing protein & creatine. Anyone know if it's any good?

Cheers, makes sense.

I noticed swisse is now doing protein & creatine. Anyone know if it's any good?
It would probably be cheaper just to get pure protein powder online and mix it with creatine you get online too.
Beware fancy packaging or product names e.g "ultimate stack max oxy-shred pro 6000"

It would probably be cheaper just to get pure protein powder online and mix it with creatine you get online too.
Beware fancy packaging or product names e.g "ultimate stack max oxy-shred pro 6000"
but but but the guy in the supplement store said they would get me MASSIVE and he was jacked so he must know what he's talking about

Must make my next bulk nutrients order soon. Scanning through the website laxogenin has caught my eye. Anyone have an opinion on this supplement?

Must make my next bulk nutrients order soon. Scanning through the website laxogenin has caught my eye. Anyone have an opinion on this supplement?

I've never taken it. But like any legal supplement it may help you that 1-2% if you want to put on muscle it will come down to consistently training and eating enough.

Back