Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

Remove this Banner Ad

Special teams had a nightmare, punting, kicking, the trick play.

But 3 drives in the final quarter ending in Downs, Punt, missed FG is it.

1st drive: 2nd and 2 and end back at 4th and 5 - unacceptable.

2nd drive: Negative run then small pass then the long ball - wrong order - unacceptable

3rd drive: orders were right, all ok until 2min warning. Had to run the ball to take away the clock. At least if the FG was made, KC didn't get it back.

Just poor choices, poor management, poor timing on when to go for big plays.

Defence was undermanned and did fine, all things considered. Saved at least 3 points with the touchback. Mahomes was excellent so can't say much of that.

Special teams had a nightmare, punting, kicking, the trick play.

But 3 drives in the final quarter ending in Downs, Punt, missed FG is it.

1st drive: 2nd and 2 and end back at 4th and 5 - unacceptable.

2nd drive: Negative run then small pass then the long ball - wrong order - unacceptable

3rd drive: orders were right, all ok until 2min warning. Had to run the ball to take away the clock. At least if the FG was made, KC didn't get it back.

Just poor choices, poor management, poor timing on when to go for big plays.

Defence was undermanned and did fine, all things considered. Saved at least 3 points with the touchback. Mahomes was excellent so can't say much of that.
Bass has been iffy at best all season . Feel bad for the guy but he should be moved on . Not on one kick but the body of recent work .
I expected him to miss based on form.

I thought Reid/KC targeted our thin weak areas in defence and exploited them as the game progressed . They were moving the ball easily . We tried but we were too undermanned against the best QB in the comp.
Coversely they stalled our play better .

At 6/6 we left too much work to do . It really was a giveaway .
We should acknowledge the turnaround though, the bashed D and the 2 days less break . Yes we got home field .
But noone can tell me that it didnt make a tiny bit of difference .
There was a reason most tv ' experts ' tipped KC

The monkey possible unfairly on today is now a gorilla for JA , McD and the team/franchise .

Brutal. Wonder what moves we make to take that next step.
I would have done these things before today anyway

• let Joe Brady interview for HC jobs but tell he is required and throw at him what we need too . We need an off season to see what can develop further
  • move one of either Hyde/Poyer
  • move Davis as he likely will cost too much for his skill set . If he plays unders keep him.
  • i would take offers on Diggs . If we get a great deal/trade I would do it .

Would get McD in prior to camp
  • must win AFL east again
  • must make AFC playoff game mimimum
  • if we play KC again and lose . Goneski

I would draft aggressively in areas where you have veterans or injury prone players.

WR2 as others have said is a big one. Davis will have trade value, draft someone else. Ideally a splash player who will take those JA long throws in stride. 1-2 attempts per week will be massively helpful to allows the Diggs/TE options catch over the middle, and free up the run.

OL has been very non-injured this year, but can’t rely on that so need to bolster this.

We did well in the trenches today, despite the injuries. It’s the outside players that needs to be a focus: LB, S, CB, WR.

Also, of course drafting in response to the Divison and the AFC around.

KC is obvious, but we also have the rise of Stroud/Richardson and return of Rodgers/Burrow/Watson to deal with.

Within the division, need to assume the Pats will go for a draft QB and offensively minded coach, which will mean potentially 4 strong QBs in the division. Need to bolster the secondary to counter that.

I would draft aggressively in areas where you have veterans or injury prone players.

WR2 as others have said is a big one. Davis will have trade value, draft someone else. Ideally a splash player who will take those JA long throws in stride. 1-2 attempts per week will be massively helpful to allows the Diggs/TE options catch over the middle, and free up the run.

OL has been very non-injured this year, but can’t rely on that so need to bolster this.

We did well in the trenches today, despite the injuries. It’s the outside players that needs to be a focus: LB, S, CB, WR.
Im more positive than I was after the Bengals loss last year .
We have found some players by design or necessity . The squad looks better , more rounded now .

We need to make some good trades and draft .

Have heard Milanos leg may not be progressing too well though .......

Not going to be easy

And its not like there are many obvious cuts, hence the comment about pushing salary with the same team
View attachment 1890685

Thanks for the list , looks like your a Ravs fan so goes without saying good luck next week .

I was worried about the cap and contract etc . On a podcast a while back , we were 6/6 they didnt seem worried at all
Quite a few moves we can make to improve the side . But anyway time will tell 🙂

Bass has been iffy at best all season . Feel bad for the guy but he should be moved on . Not on one kick but the body of recent work .
I expected him to miss based on form.

I thought Reid/KC targeted our thin weak areas in defence and exploited them as the game progressed . They were moving the ball easily . We tried but we were too undermanned against the best QB in the comp.
Coversely they stalled our play better .

At 6/6 we left too much work to do . It really was a giveaway .
We should acknowledge the turnaround though, the bashed D and the 2 days less break . Yes we got home field .
But noone can tell me that it didnt make a tiny bit of difference .
There was a reason most tv ' experts ' tipped KC

The monkey possible unfairly on today is now a gorilla for JA , McD and the team/franchise .
Very disappointed. Really felt that the Chiefs were gettable this year more than any other recently and this was our big chance at home to get over that hump. The AFC won’t be any easier next year, eg. Burrow will return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not trolling or trying to rub salt in Sam, genuine question, do you still think Diggs is a WR1? The lack of separation this year particularly in the second half of the year would have me very concerned as a Bills fan.

Not trolling or trying to rub salt in Sam, genuine question, do you still think Diggs is a WR1? The lack of separation this year particularly in the second half of the year would have me very concerned as a Bills fan.
If I can answer this, I don't. We saw a big shift to a running game and Shakir was utilised a heap more in the past few weeks.

Just on that, the stats back up the eye test: The veteran receiver hadn’t posted a 100-yard game since Week 6 and hadn’t found the end zone since Week 12. Diggs’ season ends with a line of 107-1,183-8, but nearly 53 percent of those yards came in his first six games of the season.

If I can answer this, I don't. We saw a big shift to a running game and Shakir was utilised a heap more in the past few weeks.
Will be interesting to see what they do, surely got to be thinking about drafting a WR in the first round this year. Would love Brian Thomas out of LSU on this team.

We are wasting JA17's prime years. Must prioritise the offence in the draft.

I wasn't expecting much from the back 7, but the D-line was very poor, didn't lay a glove on Mahomes.

Our coach is a deer in the headlights in the big moments.

Too depressed to add anything else.

Also agree.

But the heavy use of TE in passing game makes that less of an issue.

KC had
-9 targets to TE (2 TD)
-9 targets to WR (0 TD)
-3 targets to RB

Kincaid is coming on well, Knox has his role, Cook and Murray are both useful in passing game.
So we don’t really need the big volume WR1, especially not at the cost they come at.

Just on that, the stats back up the eye test: The veteran receiver hadn’t posted a 100-yard game since Week 6 and hadn’t found the end zone since Week 12. Diggs’ season ends with a line of 107-1,183-8, but nearly 53 percent of those yards came in his first six games of the season.
When Brady took over as OC we shifted the game ( rightfully so ) to be more run based .
I think a large part of that was our offence struggles with dynamic downfield plays . Diggs being part of that.

Thats why I would be open to good offer on him . Draft a dynamic WR and maybe trade/fa in a specific type at lower cost .
We had 4 huge missed downfield plays yesterday 2 x Sherfield , 2 x Diggs .
Davis although limited probably catches 1 of them minimum .
These were very good throws from JA.

Even during the win streak it was a weakness and like everything your weakness gets magnified against better oppo in big games

I’m gonna look at the positives.

Bernard had an amazing year, with Milano back next year and Williams showing signs I think we’re pretty good at LB.

Kincaid was everything we all wanted him too be. Love how he always manages to get an extra couple yards.

Cook was really good. Needs to stick a few more of the easier catches but he’s been great.

Yeh Allen throws some stupid picks but he scores a shitload of touchdowns and I think this post season showed how much he carried us.

Shakirs improvement in the back half of the season was awesome.

Brown improved a tonne this season, Torrence also played really well for a rookie.

Oliver and Groot also had great years.

I’m gonna look at the positives.

Bernard had an amazing year, with Milano back next year and Williams showing signs I think we’re pretty good at LB.

Kincaid was everything we all wanted him too be. Love how he always manages to get an extra couple yards.

Cook was really good. Needs to stick a few more of the easier catches but he’s been great.

Yeh Allen throws some stupid picks but he scores a shitload of touchdowns and I think this post season showed how much he carried us.

Shakirs improvement in the back half of the season was awesome.

Brown improved a tonne this season, Torrence also played really well for a rookie.

Oliver and Groot also had great years.
This is a lot different to the exit last season . Bengals belted us and I actually couldnt find anything positive going forward .

Realistically it took the best team of the last 5 years , QB of his generation and arguably the best coach to beat us .
By 3 points .
This with a decimated defence and while being at home having two less days recovery .

Interesting off season ahead . Beane pulled a rabbit or two out this season , hopefully he can do it again !

This is a lot different to the exit last season . Bengals belted us and I actually couldnt find anything positive going forward .

Realistically it took the best team of the last 5 years , QB of his generation and arguably the best coach to beat us .
By 3 points .
This with a decimated defence and while being at home having two less days recovery .

Interesting off season ahead . Beane pulled a rabbit or two out this season , hopefully he can do it again !
I feel our defence was a step up this year, and it’s glaringly obvious Allen needs help.
We’re not too far away, but yeh it all comes down to how well we do in the draft and FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back