Play Nice Buddy speaks out

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you know i'm straight , who cares whether i'm straight , or gay. I find that offensive !

I think the way you carry on any time the club does anything to express its desire to be inclusive to gay people is a pretty good hint. What exactly are you offended by?

As soon as any of your backwards views get challenged on here you chuck a tantrum. I get it, you aren't used to it, having to watch what you say to make sure it isn't racist or sexist or homophobic or expressing any other sort bigotry against non-dominant groups within society. You grew up in a time when you could hold and express such views with no consequence at all.

Times have changed.

You can still say what you want, but don't expect us all to just sit by and let you do so without calling it out. Particularly when, as you have just demonstrated, you have such flimsy or non-existent justifications for it.

Your freedom to express your opinion is still the same as it has ever been, but you don't still have the freedom to express that opinion without fear of it being justifiably ridiculed.

If you don't like it maybe spare a thought for what those minorities you constantly rail against must have felt like for so long, silenced and persecuted. What you are getting now is just the smallest taste of what those groups have had to deal with.

This thread started when one of our team's leaders made a heart felt expression about the pain that he and his community feels when our country celebrates the date that their land was taken over, the start of a few centuries of violence and mistreatment, the effects of which are still with us today. You are complaining about a non-existent communist plot to stop you from having a barbecue when you want... I'd encourage you to reflect about that.

Last edited:
I think the way you carry on any time the club does anything to express its desire to be inclusive to gay people is a pretty good hint. What exactly are you offended by?

As soon as any of your backwards views get challenged on here you chuck a tantrum. I get it, you aren't used to it, having to watch what you say to make sure it isn't racist or sexist or homophobic or expressing any other sort bigotry against non-dominant groups within society. You grew up in a time when you could hold and express such views with no consequence at all.

Times have changed.

You can still say what you want, but don't expect us all to just sit by and let you do so without calling it out. Particularly when, as you have just demonstrated, you have such flimsy or non-existent justifications for it.

Your freedom to express your opinion is still the same as it has ever been, but you don't still have the freedom to express that opinion without fear of it being justifiably ridiculed.

If you don't like it maybe spare a thought for what those minorities you constantly rail against must have felt like for so long, silenced and persecuted. What you are getting now is just the smallest taste of what those groups have had to deal with.

This thread started when one of our team's leaders made a heart felt expression about the pain that he and his community feels when our country celebrates the date that their land was taken over, the start of a few centuries of violence and mistreatment, the effects of which are still with us today. You are complaining about a non-existent communist plot to stop you from having a barbecue when you want... I'd encourage you to reflect about that.
Are you for real , must be something about the K's goodbye , people like you continuing this thread with your longwinded posts are destroying this board.

And the old, strauight, white men think everything should stay the same for theirs...

Oi!!! As an old, white straight bloke, I support significant changes to this country. A Treaty and reparations would be a start.

Are you for real , must be something about the K's goodbye , people like you continuing this thread with your longwinded posts are destroying this board.

Yeah, I'm for real.

I'm not destroying anything. Just like the communists aren't stealing your barbecues. That's all your sad fantasy.

Yeah, I'm for real.

I'm not destroying anything. Just like the communists aren't stealing your barbecues. That's all your sad fantasy.

I can assure Bedders that I have no interest in liberating and nationalising his BBQ. Over the decades I have built many a bbq. They are all called Mao's Mausoleum or Lenin's tomb.

This reminds me of a tweet from Ricky Gervais I read a while back:

"Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the **** you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a **** or not. And so on. It's a good system."

This reminds me of a tweet from Ricky Gervais I read a while back:

"Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the **** you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a **** or not. And so on. It's a good system."
Very good RW

Times have changed.

Encourage him to reflect ???

Would You like him to also confess his sins and say ten Hail Mary's as penance ? Give Us a spell Monsignor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Encourage him to reflect ???

Would You like him to also confess his sins and say ten Hail Mary's as penance ? Give Us a spell Monsignor.

297.png

Yes, I'd encourage him to reflect. Somehow he has turned a thread about respecting and reflecting on the colonial experience of aboriginal Australians in to a discussion about being scared of colourful haired communists infiltrating his barbecues. He is making a fool of himself.

Last edited:
297.png

Yes, I'd encourage him to reflect. Somehow he has turned a thread about respecting and reflecting on the colonial experience of aboriginal Australians in to a discussion about being scared of colourful haired communists infiltrating his barbecues. He is making a fool of himself.

I can assure Bedders my hair is now primarily grey and not particularly colourful. I am amused at the thought of launching an invasion of a Bedders' bbq, liberating a few snags and several beers and placing the bbq under the workers' soviet (with all funds raised to go the Bloods of course).

I think the day the separate colonies became federated seems the most fitting. That is truly when our country became a nation. January 1st. But oh wait, that’s New Years Day, which means it’s already a public holiday, which means we all get one less day to be excused from getting shit-faced at the beach. That is the core of the issue here. People don’t want to lose their piss-up day. Such is the mentality of the privileged.

Just move new years to Dec 21st! The solstice is the day the new year should begin. Just one man's correct opinion. =)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back