Bruce Francis has replied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep real dumb, no matter what skeletons in the closet SIA has it does not effect the fact that EFC have been hiding details since day one in its efforts to deny drug taking at the club.
Who said it did?

Still after 10 years you have to resort to diverting attention away from the EFC drug cheating .
EFC illegal drug use is the topic , keep on it. :tearsofjoy:
It's ok. I make mistakes sometimes too. I accept your apology.

Why would EFC be a part of the effort to thwart the release of this info, wonder what they have to hide?
The article claims that the club was acting on the wishes of the players involved who do not want to have this issue rehashed. Only NLM has given permission for the release of information pertaining to him.

But why? would have thought they want to get the evidence out there as it would clear their names. :rolleyes:
Do you really think anything will clear their names? I don't. I know they were injected with banned substances. I know they didn't know about this but eventually suspected something was amiss. They probably have been happy with club insurance payouts and are happy never to hear about this again. It was an extremely upsetting time for them and to rehash something that will at best throw doubt over the competency of ASADA, is not worth the effort.

Do you really think anything will clear their names? I don't. I know they were injected with banned substances. I know they didn't know about this but eventually suspected something was amiss. They probably have been happy with club insurance payouts and are happy never to hear about this again. It was an extremely upsetting time for them and to rehash something that will at best throw doubt over the competency of ASADA, is not worth the effort.
No, I was being sarcastic.

If at the very start they were open with what happened, things woulds have been far better.
if they said Dank fooled us or here is what we took but did not know it was the wrong thymo they would have had a heap of support.
When they clammed up they started a war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is an appeal of a decision in 2020 to deny Francis access to SIA material requested

CONCLUSION
  1. The Tribunal considers it appropriate to give directions prohibiting and restricting the disclosure of redacted T documents.
DECISION

1. Pursuant to subsection 35(4) of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal Act 1975(Cth) (the AAT Act) the publication or other disclosure of the redacted information contained in the following section 37 T Documents:
    • T31 on page 125
    • T32 on pages 127-128
    • T33 on page 129
    • T36 on page 133
    • T37 on page 135
    • T42(a) on pages 242-256
    • T49 on page 290
    • T49(b) on page 292
    • T50 on page 293
    • T51 on page 294
    • T52 on page 295
    • T52(b), on page 298
    • T57(a) on page 307
    • T59 on page 309
    • T60 on pages 310-311
    • T64(a) on pages 356-358
    • T66(a) on pages 366-367
    • T67(a) on page 370; and
    • T72 on page 553
is restricted to

(i) the Respondent and any officers of Sport Integrity Australia authorised by the Respondent to have access to the information;

(ii) the legal representatives of the Respondent;

(iii) a Member of the Tribunal as constituted in this proceeding or a member of staff of the Tribunal in the course of the performance of his or her duties as a member of that staff; and

(iv) a member of staff of the Tribunal’s recording and transcription provider in the course of the performance of his or her duties as a member of that staff.

So will Bruce now slink back to his flat and enjoy his microwave meals without advocating for groups that dont want his advocation??

microwave meals are good these days m8

If at the very start they were open with what happened, things woulds have been far better.
if they said Dank fooled us or here is what we took but did not know it was the wrong thymo they would have had a heap of support.
When they clammed up they started a war.
Unfortunately, the players were lied to by the club which itself had no idea what was given by Dank. Only Dank (and Robinson probably) knew what was actually being given. A lot of smokescreen stuff was given like AOD and even thymosin to cover up the real stuff (hexarelin, GHRP). The players got suspicious and by January had demanded written consent to protect themselves. Ironically it was the 34 consents obtained that ended up getting them convicted as they consented to thymosin on those forms. Dank continually lied to them telling them they were receiving vitamins and permitted substances. He has maintained that story with them and as such, they still don't know if he really fooled them (which he has). The players just followed the advice of the club and also legal advice which is almost always conservative. I wouldn't blame them too much. They were the guinea pigs and were taken for a ride. Hopefully, they got a good payout at least.

Ironically it was the 34 consents obtained that ended up getting them convicted as they consented to thymosin on those forms.
Don't forget that they never declared these substances to the AFL or the club medical officer, as required.

Unfortunately, the players were lied to by the club which itself had no idea what was given by Dank. Only Dank (and Robinson probably) knew what was actually being given. A lot of smokescreen stuff was given like AOD and even thymosin to cover up the real stuff (hexarelin, GHRP). The players got suspicious and by January had demanded written consent to protect themselves. Ironically it was the 34 consents obtained that ended up getting them convicted as they consented to thymosin on those forms. Dank continually lied to them telling them they were receiving vitamins and permitted substances. He has maintained that story with them and as such, they still don't know if he really fooled them (which he has). The players just followed the advice of the club and also legal advice which is almost always conservative. I wouldn't blame them too much. They were the guinea pigs and were taken for a ride. Hopefully, they got a good payout at least.
Wouldn't Dank misleading them be open slather for legal action against him?

I know the players were financially compensated (outside the cap) by the club but wouldn't the Essendon Football Club go after Dank? They kept pushing the narrative that he went rouge. Why not try to prove it under oath?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't Dank misleading them be open slather for legal action against him?

I know the players were financially compensated (outside the cap) by the club but wouldn't the Essendon Football Club go after Dank? They kept pushing the narrative that he went rouge. Why not try to prove it under oath?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe its the heat from the lights?

they knew something was crook . Maybe not at the very start but they soon would have had a sense of Oh s**t.
They kept the doc in the dark and from there it went down hill.
Once the deceit commenced it became an all in scenario. There was no backing down.

They circumvented the correct process, a process that was there to protect them. They should have put their trust in Dr Reid . Instead they went with the Dank, Robinson and Hird side who said all is good, no worries here mate. Nothing to see. :rolleyes:

Not saying Reid could not have done more but they disempowered him , he was the one who could have said wait a second . I reckon if Dank was forced to go through Reid in the first place we would not be here now.

Yes, its hard for a young player to say why are we going over the road to have these injections from a guy who is obviously not qualified or organised , in a shitty environment and also not to talk to Dr Reid about it. But to get a whole squad to do it shows the group mentality was “whatever it takes”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back