News Brownlow Medal 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent effort that.

I’d rather we ‘win’ the team total than have the Brownlow medalist.

I think it means different players are ‘starring’ with their strengths against different opposition styles. So we can win more games.

I see Adams didn't get one vote against Geelong yet got the Coaches votes. Obviously performance is in the eye of the beholder.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Brownlow as usual.....was mightily impressed with our boys polling as well as they did. The women were a class above the hollywood "ladies" at the Emmy's.

I’d rather we ‘win’ the team total than have the Brownlow medalist.

I think it means different players are ‘starring’ with their strengths against different opposition styles. So we can win more games.
Spot on.

In the same line of thinking, if Neale was still at Freo, then Fyfe isn't a 2-time brownlow medalist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think they should have to pay out full dividend on both teams?

I do. The bet was "which team would poll the most votes?". Brisbane finished first in that regard. At worst equal first, but imo should still be paid out.

I do. The bet was "which team would poll the most votes?". Brisbane finished first in that regard. At worst equal first, but imo should still be paid out.
Its just like racing though. If you have a dead heat for first you only get paid half the win dividend of your bet.

Halo effect in full force at this Brownlow.

If you're "someone" you'll always out poll the role players.

Defenders are no hope at all.

I think it was Blight on SEN that made the comment that it's not only become the midfielders' medal but also the "superstar" midfielder's medal.

They days of true upset Brownlow winners are over.

EDIT:

I'm still kicking myself for not having a bet on Aker in the 2001 medal.

I had this strong vibe that he would win it but forgot to have my lazy 20 at the tote until it was too late.

He was 20-1

Sigh :'(

Last edited:
Halo effect in full force at this Brownlow.

If you're "someone" you'll always out poll the role players.

Defenders are no hope at all.

I think it was Blight on SEN that made the comment that it's not only become the midfielders' medal but also the "superstar" midfielder's medal.

Blight on the money, Freo v Lions is one example of the above, many others out there.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back