Brisbane Lions - Statements, Allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post all Brisbane related discussion here:

Brisbane reveals it employed Steve Dank in 2009

BRISBANE Lions told the AFL yesterday it had a "limited" working relationship with a man at the centre of the drugs scandal that has rocked the code - sports scientist Stephen Dank.

Dank had a short-term consultancy role with the Brisbane Lions in 2009.

The Lions did not name Dank in a statement yesterday but he is the "individual" who worked with them on their altitude training program.

"The individual provided training advice to staff with regards to the club's altitude program and had limited contact with players," the Lions' statement said.

"The individual had no involvement in providing the club with either nutritional, supplement or medical advice.

"Club management informed the AFL of its brief and limited involvement with the individual as soon as it became aware of it earlier today."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...eve-dank-in-2009/story-fnelctok-1226572063603

Alright, time to come clean. I think I bumped into Dank at an airport taxi rank in 1999. We both reached for the same door handle, there was an awkward moment where we looked into each others eyes, stumbled out an apology and shared a nervous laugh. I insisted he take the cab and I would wait for the next one. I categorically deny that I did him any favours because he slipped some supplements into my pocket.

Seriously, the guy is a sports scientist in and around the Australian sporting scene. It feels like everybody knew of him, met him, received some advice, and would have had some link to both he and Kevin Bacon if you look hard enough.

I'm now feeling a little bored with the need for clubs to have to play this PR game so the media don't throw more mud.

Alright, time to come clean. I think I bumped into Dank at an airport taxi rank in 1999. We both reached for the same door handle, there was an awkward moment where we looked into each others eyes, stumbled out an apology and shared a nervous laugh. I insisted he take the cab and I would wait for the next one. I categorically deny that I did him any favours because he slipped some supplements into my pocket.

Seriously, the guy is a sports scientist in and around the Australian sporting scene. It feels like everybody knew of him, met him, received some advice, and would have had some link to both he and Kevin Bacon if you look hard enough.

I'm now feeling a little bored with the need for clubs to have to play this PR game so the media don't throw more mud.
Your avatar has been visiting thae anti-aging clinic, hasn't she...knew it was too good to be true.

Your penalty has been reduced to a 6 month ban because you've come clean. :thumbsu:

Many clubs had links to Dank (however tenuous some of them are), but Geelong, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Essendon (of course) have indicated they may have closer ties to him than other clubs.

It's pretty much a wait-and-see until ASADA get around to naming more clubs and/or players.

Your penalty has been reduced to a 6 month ban because you've come clean. :thumbsu:

Not quite because I haven't dobbed anybody else in.

Malifice was the taxi driver and The_Wookie was already in the back seat, dressed in his finest Sunday frock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back