Aussies Brisbane 2032 - What sports should be included?

Remove this Banner Ad

oh wow. america's best gridiron playesr are going to be competing with university players from mexico. what a contest to look forward to

..& from countries all round the world. Watch the Superbowl this year?! Huge interest world wide. To mention afl in Olympics shows no clue about world

I watched a 13 yo girl in baggy pants get a bronze for mucking around in a skate park.

Next Olympics I'm looking forward to Tik-tok dancing, speed texting, and best duck face selfie. By the time Brisbane comes around we should have pinata bashing, show and tell, and blowing out the candles on the cake.

Best college players & future NFL stars. Deals with NBC etc are big drivers behind the games. NFL has huge following throughout the world - please don't compare to afl
Yeah because college stars are going to put their futures on the line to play against of no hopers from other nations who hold down full time jobs and play for a bit of fun.

The best you would get is a pile of has beens and that won’t get any interest from fans

I watched a 13 yo girl in baggy pants get a bronze for mucking around in a skate park.

Next Olympics I'm looking forward to Tik-tok dancing, speed texting, and best duck face selfie. By the time Brisbane comes around we should have pinata bashing, show and tell, and blowing out the candles on the cake.

That was the most uninspiring event I've watched this Olympics. At least with the BMX event it was exciting to watch.

Yeah because college stars are going to put their futures on the line to play against of no hopers from other nations who hold down full time jobs and play for a bit of fun.

The best you would get is a pile of has beens and that won’t get any interest from fans

Ppl play in xfl, arena football & whatever other league for exposure & chance at NFL. It would be a huge deal, that is why NBC or whoever will push for it. Notice the scheduling for finals on TV - all to fit with USA prime time.

Ppl play in xfl, arena football & whatever other league for exposure & chance at NFL. It would be a huge deal, that is why NBC or whoever will push for it. Notice the scheduling for finals on TV - all to fit with USA prime time.

I take it you are taking the piss here. Surely nobody will watch American footy in the Olympics as it will not be able to attract any talent. No player will elect to play in it to try and make the NFL as no NFL outfit is going to be impressed with the performance they put up. In that they will be playing against sides that would lose by 100 to a div 3 collage program

I take it you are taking the piss here. Surely nobody will watch American footy in the Olympics as it will not be able to attract any talent. No player will elect to play in it to try and make the NFL as no NFL outfit is going to be impressed with the performance they put up. In that they will be playing against sides that would lose by 100 to a div 3 collage program

Depends on format. It'd be most watched sport in USA. You don't know much about international stuff - we knew that when you suggested afl in Olympics

Depends on format. It'd be most watched sport in USA. You don't know much about international stuff - we knew that when you suggested afl in Olympics
Nobody has ever seriously suggested the AFL in the Olympics

Mate I know plenty and I know it would be a flop. They aren’t going to get any players there is no competition

It has to be played by multiple nations in 4 of the 4 Olympic continents they have representation in the Americas and wouldn’t meet the requirements for anywhere else

With out competitive competition there will be no fans and no viewers

MLB players don’t play baseball and that’s getting cut from the Olympics gridiron has no chance

On combat sports no mention of judo , sword duelling.? I only have normal ch 7 though and haven’t seen any footage . Ok on topic So why not Mma ? Fighters are pro all around the world . China , Korea you got shaddup and Zombie. Africa , South America, Norway , Sweden , UK , Ireland , Australia, New Zealand , France , Slavic / Russian etc. Thoughts. ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On combat sports no mention of judo , sword duelling.? I only have normal ch 7 though and haven’t seen any footage . Ok on topic So why not Mma ? Fighters are pro all around the world . China , Korea you got shaddup and Zombie. Africa , South America, Norway , Sweden , UK , Ireland , Australia, New Zealand , France , Slavic / Russian etc. Thoughts. ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Combat sports are hard to include due to the time it takes to recover MMA well it has always been about getting a stoppage and not point scoring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Touch football

lazer tag

darts
You joke about Laser Tag but it would be the first sport on the program that would be naturally co-ed (ie. Not counting the token "mixed doubles" events in some sports) and the most recent World Championships had teams from 4 continents signed up before Daddy Covid got in the way.

Admittedly would need to grow a s**t tone but I'm sure people laughed at Bouldering and Skateboarding before they blew up

Problem with T20 cricket there is a world cup every 2 years. If cricket were to make the Olympics maybe have like two innings of 10 overs each or some other variation to the game. Considering that Queensland is rugby league mad, I wouldn't be surprised if the AOC and Qld government push it as the hosts nation has some say, it will be almost guaranteed 2 gold medals

Problem with T20 cricket there is a world cup every 2 years. If cricket were to make the Olympics maybe have like two innings of 10 overs each or some other variation to the game. Considering that Queensland is rugby league mad, I wouldn't be surprised if the AOC and Qld government push it as the hosts nation has some say, it will be almost guaranteed 2 gold medals
T20 having two world cups is already a joke they need to only have one. They see T20 as a cash cow but the thing is if you increase it’s exposure through the Olympics and you see more teams competing with a chance of winning you have greater demand for the TV rights in more markets

League will never get in you have to demonstrate that there is high enough levels of participation in 4 out 5 Olympic continents. Outside of twos states in Aus the North of England and South Auckland league has no presence. They will never be able to make the Olympics

Australia should include the iron man and timber sports! They completely dominate those sports and will guarantee at least 4 gold medals.

T20 having two world cups is already a joke they need to only have one. They see T20 as a cash cow but the thing is if you increase it’s exposure through the Olympics and you see more teams competing with a chance of winning you have greater demand for the TV rights in more markets

League will never get in you have to demonstrate that there is high enough levels of participation in 4 out 5 Olympic continents. Outside of twos states in Aus the North of England and South Auckland league has no presence. They will never be able to make the Olympics
Looking at the International Rugby Leauge website there are 45 participating nations, from 6 continents , i wont complain if its included 2 extra golds pretty much and we have seen with Fiji winning rugby 7 gold how much it means for the islander nations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back