News Brendan Gale to Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Tassie will always be a s**t team they will struggle to retain players apparently Tassie is a nice place but can be boring no nightlife
Or sporting events and concerts and also much colder there than Melbourne in winter

That sounds like the perfect lifestyle for an AFL player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tassie will always be a s**t team they will struggle to retain players apparently Tassie is a nice place but can be boring no nightlife
Or sporting events and concerts and also much colder there than Melbourne in winter

Certainly made their basketball franchise a massive failure! ;)

But seriously, I expect Tassie may well beat the newest expansion sides to their first flag and then go on to be more successful than most Victorian clubs. And they'll do a fair chunk of that on home grown talent. The game is gonna be huge for kids down there (150K founding members!), Tassie is not so much another state as another country - in their minds they'll be playing for national pride every week.

Certainly made their basketball franchise a massive failure! ;)

But seriously, I expect Tassie may well beat the newest expansion sides to their first flag and then go on to be more successful than most Victorian clubs. And they'll do a fair chunk of that on home grown talent. The game is gonna be huge for kids down there (150K founding members!), Tassie is not so much another state as another country - in their minds they'll be playing for national pride every week.
They’d wanna get a move on if it to be built on home grown talent , I agree tho in 20y wouldn’t at all surprise to see them as a successful interstate outfit , don’t underestimate how difficult this comp is , GC norf and gws have all kind of handouts and none have tasted the ultimate success

They’d wanna get a move on if it to be built on home grown talent , I agree tho in 20y wouldn’t at all surprise to see them as a successful interstate outfit , don’t underestimate how difficult this comp is , GC norf and gws have all kind of handouts and none have tasted the ultimate success

The massive key difference is that they are manufactured clubs without roots or a soul. The Devils are the soul of every past Tassie club, combined into one, to create a decades long wished for club.

They will have a territorial aspect to their fan base no other club has had since the days of suburban footy.

Regardless of how they fare in the short term talent-wise, long term they will be a juggernaught built on the enormous untapped Tassie enthusiasm for waging war against 'the mainland sides' each week. ;)

Bye bye Tassie talent for the future.
We have done very well there with an incredible amount of Tassie talent coming to our club.
Benny and Dimma will always be a part of the Tiger furniture.
Good luck Benny,have a nice reflection of your Richmond past and be proud.
We owe you one,same with Dimma and Peggy and Richo also.
I forgot Mini and our recruiters,last but certainly not least,the mighty Neil Balme,have a nice rest big lug and farewell.
O'Rourke ,our current Pres to begin a new dawn for this great club.

In the meantime we smoke Cuban cigars and watch the next crop of Tigers rise.

Last edited:
Barrett the parrot, all that’s been bought up on Footyclassified, this guy really struggles to come up with his own conclusions.

Very dramatic too, FFS we won 3 flags and were within a whisker of winning 4 in a row. 2018 Prelim final lost because a virus ran through the team that week, otherwise we go down in history as the greatest modern day dynasty.

Barrett the parrot, all that’s been bought up on Footyclassified, this guy really struggles to come up with his own conclusions.

Very dramatic too, FFS we won 3 flags and were within a whisker of winning 4 in a row. 2018 Prelim final lost because a virus ran through the team that week, otherwise we go down in history as the greatest modern day dynasty.
And just might have pinched one more GF if Rancey had not left us!

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...k=4aee6a283e793d392fe4260978eef231-1715329837

O’Rourke said on Friday the club would hire a headhunting form but also look internally for a replacement.
He has already spent time having a series of coffee dates with potential contenders for Gale’s role.

A quartet of ‘Simons’ will all be scrutinised – ex-St Kilda CEO Simon Lethlean, ex-Geelong football boss Simon Lloyd, Richmond executive Simon Matthews and Cats chief financial officer Simon Kelleher.
All have claims for the role, while current Geelong and former AFL executive Marcus King could also be considered.

The AFL’s commercial boss Kylie Rogers was also seen as a potential candidate for Hawthorn’s vacant role last year.
She would like to one day be the AFL’s chief executive and a stint as an AFL club chief executive would give her the football aspect of her resume that would put her in position to succeed Dillon.
A lot of scats in that list , someone compliant to head I would think

Finals 2013, 2015..

Barrett always had digs at RFC's behaviour in the hub. AFL werent happy and the $100k fine, in the COVID era hit particularly hard, we lost us great assistant coaches. McRae & Leppa.

Our 2019 & 2020 flags were won in the State of the Game crisis rule change joke.

RFC had stated seasons slow and built into them, so even 2021 it was Dusty injury late that dropped us from 9th to 13th.

Is Gale involved in list decisions on Baker & Martin? I doubt it, unless Martin retention is to the financial benefit of the club

$100m is a huge number .

13 year coach, Hardwick departure was as clean as you could make it at RFC. Not sacked. Pulled the pin. Freed up money, his salary, instantly.

What Hardwick does on his resignation is on Hardwick, if another club want to employ him, that's footy

RFC end up with TT & JH, FMD MFC took on Grundy and played him in the VFL; Dogs took Lobbe and play him in the VFL.

Are they Gale's decisions anyhow?

Peggy to O"Rourke has been smooth. Gale's successor we don't know. When Henrietta is announced, Gale may as well depart. I'm sure he will

Kudos to the Cats eh for getting the CEO succession plan right . Hocking gave em a leg up with STAND

Crazy F/S success & longevity of players, home ground advantage, A club full of real estate tycoons.
Playing AFL games at Kitty Litter Park...is the cherry on top!
They will never be out of the eight with that kind of advantage...both financial and game results wize...
Just because the Club is out of the Melb Metro area they have managed to turn the AFL into accepting Kitty Litter Park as an interstate/travel ground!
If that's the case let the Doggies/Blues/NORFF/Bombers play on their home grounds too!

The massive key difference is that they are manufactured clubs without roots or a soul. The Devils are the soul of every past Tassie club, combined into one, to create a decades long wished for club.

They will have a territorial aspect to their fan base no other club has had since the days of suburban footy.

Regardless of how they fare in the short term talent-wise, long term they will be a juggernaught built on the enormous untapped Tassie enthusiasm for waging war against 'the mainland sides' each week. ;)
PA claim they have roots , they’ve been very competitive and won a flag , still wouldn’t be most successful interstate side ,,, swans prob get that and they’re stumped up by academy , just when they’re on the side along came
Heeney
Blakey
Gulden
Not bad free pics when you’re not even in bottom 4

TBH I do admire Swans for being constantly up. But more kudos to the Swans for 2 flags under 2 coaches. Last flag 12 years ago.

I hope we can bounce back.

Even in Hafey era 1968 no finals; 1970 no finals at all.
We've always been up and down.
Time will tell , it is more difficult these days and more competition, means you need to get every pivotal decision right or risk being set back . We’ve already made one with new recruiter , so hope that’s a win . It’s a must to hold Blair as he’s skilled in building a list , I’d hate that responsibility in hands of a newb

The Tassie team is a competitor of ours. Why wasn’t Gale marched out the door the moment it was announced? Instead he gets to stay at the tigers for 4 to 5 months convincing all our good staff (and players over time) to join him. Total amateur hour on the tigers board at the moment
Definitely some trust extended to Brendon but I agree with Barrett. There should be another CEO appointed by now. Our president is asleep at the wheel ... the Grandstand Project is now for the next guy (who might just say there are other priorities... or not ) ... to encumber the Club and it's Members with this financial commitment when you are walking out the door ... if Gale wanted this great monument to his dynasty erected he either have got it finalized before now OR turn down the job in Tassie ... Where is the announcement about the external review into Medical and Fitness programs at the Club ... that would be acting with Corporate Responsibility ... and setting up the new CEO for success in our core business - winning football games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Famously said Richmond wouldn’t win a flag without Tross. Nekminnit

The Tassie team is a competitor of ours. Why wasn’t Gale marched out the door the moment it was announced? Instead he gets to stay at the tigers for 4 to 5 months convincing all our good staff (and players over time) to join him. Total amateur hour on the tigers board at the moment
Given the state of affairs as they stand with an entry date not even firmed , it’s a non issue and there’s more to gain with an effective handover than a scorched earth position

Given the state of affairs as they stand with an entry date not even firmed , it’s a non issue and there’s more to gain with an effective handover than a scorched earth position
Problem is that we never needed to do this scortched earth approach. Gale by his own admission had a chat 12 months ago about leaving. He sold his house/put it up on the market about 4 months ago. We should already be well and truly down the path of a new CEO being in the role with Gale proving some hand over for the rest of the year.

We have sat on our hands with this one. I think we once had a culture of not jumping at shadows like we used to after we stuck with Hardwick and got the flags. I think that culture has now morphed into complacency and stagnation as we are now holding onto people all too long.

Problem is that we never needed to do this scortched earth approach. Gale by his own admission had a chat 12 months ago about leaving. He sold his house/put it up on the market about 4 months ago. We should already be well and truly down the path of a new CEO being in the role with Gale proving some hand over for the rest of the year.

We have sat on our hands with this one. I think we once had a culture of not jumping at shadows like we used to after we stuck with Hardwick and got the flags. I think that culture has now morphed into complacency and stagnation as we are now holding onto people all too long.

Nah it’s time to renew. We tried to have a last dip at a flag. Didn’t work out.

Peggy gone. Gale gone. Balme gone. Clarke gone.

Agreed it’s a lot of experience to lose but you can’t keep doing the same thing. A little outside blood might be good for us.

Agreed it’s a lot of experience to lose but you can’t keep doing the same thing. A little outside blood might be good for us.
I am for the club renewing. My point is that we should of already had someone tapped on the shoulder and ready to go since Gale started signalling with intent his desire to leave.

We need someone with a spine and some fresh ideas who is not afraid to stand up to people that are just resting on laurels

Tassie has a better chance of winning a premiership than us
Freaking Out GIF by Travis

I am for the club renewing. My point is that we should of already had someone tapped on the shoulder and ready to go since Gale started signalling with intent his desire to leave.

We need someone with a spine and some fresh ideas who is not afraid to stand up to people that are just resting on laurels

Maybe they did that. Most organisations have contingencies in place if the head honcho goes. He’s also not leaving for quite a while.

Maybe they did that. Most organisations have contingencies in place if the head honcho goes. He’s also not leaving for quite a while.
I’d be surprised if we went outside , successful organization which we re one , lots of talented people which we have ( no club would have more poached than us recently ) then that all suggests succession the more likely option

Outsiders is likely option when organization is a mess , as in losing money , afl life support . Not when you don’t have a viable FF . This is a business decision . Hartley and livo look after the football side

As if we have had a choice!
Renewal has been forced upon us by one and all...
The wheels to the RFC got a flat when Trossy pulled up stumps!
The wheels to the RFC Car got wobbly with the GOAT episodes of The Great Lost Interest and Kidney Extraction!
The wheels to the RFC Car fell off when Dimma flicked the goneski switch...
The AFL led the pile on with ARC and free kicks bias...
Gale kept going with his PRO Monument rebuild, but the AFL stepped in with a new Tassy Club and be its Chief!
Goneski too!
The big distraction for the RFC currently is the cost of the final PRO build...how will the RFC handle the big debt involved!
The RFC have gone from a Destination Club to a Goneski Club...
The RFC have been white ant by one and all...we need to call in the Exterminators!
In the mean time...circle the wagons...and hang tight...until we rebuild or not rebuild the PRO!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back