Opinion Breakout Player For 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Jones, but do not see all that much improvement. I really like Will too but needs to a lot more.

Yes I am basing this on a handful of senior games and his time in the NEAFL and as I said I am out on a limb. I just like what I have seen, particularly his adaptability and composure.

I like Jones, but do not see all that much improvement. I really like Will too but needs to a lot more.

Yes I am basing this on a handful of senior games and his time in the NEAFL and as I said I am out on a limb. I just like what I have seen, particularly his adaptability and composure.

Fair enough then. FWIW I hope you are right because it would be outstanding to have a youngster like Dawson take such a leap, I just can't see it happening yet (which in itself is no crisis as he is still only 21)

Here's a shock. Thurlow. I.think we may have seen the last of Smithy. Thurlow not the lockdown but much better speed and disposal. If he's a fighter he'll have to perform at a high level. Apparently he gets on real well with the other backs too.
I've always been a fan of Nicks, however, I think we need to be looking at team selection from a more medium term, strategic perspective given the current transition of our team. Reg and Macca might also fit into this category. We hung onto Goodsey for one year too long and lost Membrey in the process.

I've always been a fan of Nicks, however, I think we need to be looking at team selection from a more medium term, strategic perspective given the current transition of our team. Reg and Macca might also fit into this category. We hung onto Goodsey for one year too long and lost Membrey in the process.

I would still take Adam Goodes now over Membrey.

Melican is just going to be a solid guy at best imo.

Don't see much of a breakout coming other than just being in the 22.
I'd take that Any day. Melican is sold and consistent but doesn't catch your eye. I've got no probs with that at all. Barry, Dunkley and Tilt were solid but not exciting. That's what good backman are. Players like Aliir are exciting but inconsistent and prone to having some absolute shockers between the great games.

I would still take Adam Goodes now over Membrey.
People keep saying that but it's crap. Goodes was half the man he used to be in his final year. Everyone has their use by date. There's a reason he spent half the season in the reserves. Swans supporters also keep downplaying Membreys ability in order to justify the clubs decision but the stats prove them wrong. He's one of the Aints best players.

People keep saying that but it's crap. Goodes was half the man he used to be in his final year. Everyone has their use by date. There's a reason he spent half the season in the reserves. Swans supporters also keep downplaying Membreys ability in order to justify the clubs decision but the stats prove them wrong. He's one of the Aints best players.

Which is not hard.

Nah I wouldn't even have him in St Kilda's best players. I think he is a come and go forward who has a few good games here and there mixed in with a lot of very ordinary ones. He'd be a liability on our list because we'd be stuck with a forward who lacks any kind of consistency, and it would have potentially cost us the chance to land McCartin or Blakey, or continue to pay for Buddy's contract while juggling our numerous young stars. So zero regrets.

2015 Goodes > Membrey any day of the week. Yes Goodes went to the NEAFL, but if Membrey showed the form he has with St Kilda but with us? He'd be in the NEAFL too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back