Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

the netball court was funded by the victorian taxpayer for the exclusive purpose of women playing netball. It's purpose has been cynically transformed into an area for men.
The netball court funding was created by a government who attempted to assist women through positive discrimination. Don’t blame the public. And don’t blame the club that just made the most of a policy government introduced and were looking for someone to take a punt with. And the club (and hence our memberships) then funded an ongoing huge percentage of the venture.
The gov basically subcontracted the balance of the initiative.

We tried.
Within the rules.
It flopped.
Should we have left the court there as a memorial?

The netball court funding was created by a government who attempted to assist women through positive discrimination.

exactly....which is what the WA gov't did when it built the perth stadium for $2Billion...and only male AFL and cricketers play on it except for the odd game for the matildas... this is another example of positive discrimination...

exactly....which is what the WA gov't did when it built the perth stadium for $2Billion...and only male AFL and cricketers play on it except for the odd game for the matildas... this is another example of positive discrimination...
But people of all genders attend that ground. And I’m sure over the years it will deliver a positive social and financial impact.

What’s your point?

Tony Shaw ran into a tree once - that scandal eventually died down after a select parliamentary committee enquiry found no case to answer.
That tree is VERY lucky that it wasn’t recent. The AFL would have changed the rule so that if anything like that happened again, the tree would have to show good cause that it made an action to avoid the collision. Otherwise, a date with the chainsaw..:cool::cool:

That tree is VERY lucky that it wasn’t recent. The AFL would have changed the rule so that if anything like that happened again, the tree would have to show good cause that it made an action to avoid the collision. Otherwise, a date with the chainsaw..:cool::cool:
The tree ended up as a pile of sawdust on Shaw's front yard, according to Monkhurst.

But people of all genders attend that ground. And I’m sure over the years it will deliver a positive social and financial impact.

What’s your point?

Gee I forgot about all the women who go to the footy. That ground really supports the sexes equally doesn't it? I guess I dont have a point...

Or....the AFL Integrity [ :)] Commission would charge Tony Shaw with assault and environmental vandalism

Punished for what?
Depends on all the facts.

But driving at 6.00am in the morning and causing an accident for an AFL player is not a great look.

I guess Fly would ask is that behaviour associated with being a winner? Is that what winners do.

I said a similar thing with Ginnivan around 12 months ago and everyone laughed and roasted me.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive discrimination doesn’t mean you’re really certain of it.

But driving at 6.00am in the morning and causing an accident for an AFL player is not a great look.

I guess Fly would ask is that behaviour associated with being a winner? Is that what winners do.

I said a similar thing with Ginnivan around 12 months ago and everyone laughed and roasted me.

So, you don’t know any of the facts?

Just being in a car accident, even if it’s his own fault, would not be cause for any punishment unless he was under the influence. Driving badly isn’t enough.

What's wrong with driving home in the morning after spending the weekend down at the coast?

So, you don’t know any of the facts?

Just being in a car accident, even if it’s his own fault, would not be cause for any punishment unless he was under the influence. Driving badly isn’t enough.

As jmac would say, if good driving is required under the code of conduct, then Maynard might be in trouble even if he made an honest mistake. If we dont expect high standards from our footballers, the country will go to ruin...

6am in the morning is ok, it's 6pm in the morning I worry about.

He was spending the weekend on the coast with friends, and considering there was training that morning as well, he obviously was getting back to organise himself for training.
We going to punish a player for driving home, and unfortunately having a minor accident, an occurrence that happens everyday on our roads?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back