• Box Hill

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Williamstown

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by AnarchicBomber
Nah that's cool mightyfighting. I think Essendon supporters are definitely middle class more so than the actual suburb. But it's all good!
It's just that; when your nickname contains the word 'Anarchic' I presumed you mighn't like being called middle class.

Originally posted by MightyFighting
It's just that; when your nickname contains the word 'Anarchic' I presumed you mighn't like being called middle class.

lol, I guess you can't help what you're born into. If you called me a big 'L' Liberal then we'd have issues. As it's footy we're talking about I reserve the right to declare allegiances to bourgeoisie sides when the mighty Bombers aren't playing.

GOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIlY
Willy will win by 2 points
for every GoaldRush Post on this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough to mention that 15 Collingwood listed players played for Willy, but you have to take in to account that of them a fair few have played their whole career at Willy so far - Richards, Cloke, Shackleton, King.

Anyways, yay Willy!

Good win to Willywood but I think a little unfair.
I think the VFL will have to restrict the number of AFL players to say 12 per team in the GF in future.
Good crowd of 18,000 considering the beautifull day and Direct telecast.

Originally posted by billy big ears
Good win to Willywood but I think a little unfair.
I think the VFL will have to restrict the number of AFL players to say 12 per team in the GF in future.

Why ?
Box Hill had a lot of players with AFL experience.Willy's big advantage was their experienced players in Fletcher,Lloyd & West.

You can't restrict a side to 12 AFL players.How does a stand alone club like Geelong manage that ?

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Why ?
Box Hill had a lot of players with AFL experience.Willy's big advantage was their experienced players in Fletcher,Lloyd & West.

You can't restrict a side to 12 AFL players.How does a stand alone club like Geelong manage that ?
IMO there shouldnt be ANY AFL reserves "stand alone" clubs in the VFL that solves the problem very easily.

The AFL clubs would never support a restriction on number of AFL listed players - defeats the purpose of having a competition for younger players to play in. I suspect they will raise the number of games needed to play for finals eligibility, but that doesn't solve the problem of when the AFL and VFL sides are both still going.

Can't complain - Box Hill got the same deal in 2001.

The reason Willi won was they wanted it more and had bigger bodies.

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer
Shouldn't be any AFL reserves in the VFL at all, IMO ... its like GM crops.
Im with you!
The only way to solve this problem of the unfairness of the VFL GF is to scrub the alignments and farm the AFL players out to all the VFL teams but I cant see the AFL clubs agreeing to this.
Or of course let the AFL run their own reserves again but they wont want to do that either better to use up the former VFA clubs and their free work force to blood their players of the future.

Back