Prediction Bold Predictions ... the 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some of our posters took LSD before posting in the prediction thread at the beginning of the year. Congratz to all those that got totally off their faces. ;)

As always, none of the predictions were as bold as some of the things that really did happen …

- Collingwood to start a chain of events that would lead to Clarkson being paid out his contract to leave the Hawks a year early.
- A member of the Galbally clan, a famous Collingwood family and members of the legal fraternity, to take Collingwood to the Supreme Court
- Ed forced to retire, and then be forced to stand down
- Collingwood to lose its President, a Vice President, Footy Boss, Senior Coach, List Manager, Fitness boss and women’s sporting Boss
- Despite losing all those people 👆, for some members that’s not enough and they attempt to trigger an EGM
- Richmond and West Coast to miss finals
- Collingwood’s VFLW team go through the entire season undefeated … only to have their season postponed indefinitely a few days before their Grand Final.
- Carlton to wait until after their season is over before sacking their coach.

Are u. bored, to be quoting all these posts

I created the OP. It’s now end of season, time to review which predictions came true and which ones didn’t.

I’ll kick off the 2022 one …

I created the OP. It’s now end of season, time to review which predictions came true and which ones didn’t.

I’ll kick off the 2022 one …
Oh that’s going to be a fun thread full of happiness and joy, by many

Onfield
- Adams takes over the reins as captain in season 2021
- We don’t start off too badly, but we then fall away quickly when things start not going well and our depth is tested.

Off-field
- We have a mini board exodus in Feb
- Nick Maxwell becomes footy manager
- Ed steps down mid-season (discovers it’s pointless being a lame duck)
- Buckley’s contract is not renewed. Maybe he jumps before he’s pushed.
- Start of a period of upheaval at the club that’ll last a few years (generally happens when a strong leader voluntarily stands down)

Some misses but captured the essence of the year.....as per usual, sorry to say that predictions shows skills in management areas, but betrays an awful lack of footy knowledge...

Thx for the review, did not expect to get 50% right, but when I predicted "no flag in 2021" I meant no grand final would be played by anyone because of COVID. Hopefully not on the money.

I really did think Bucks would last until the end of the seasons, and I really did think Sier would come good. So much potential.

The Hawthorn person I was hinting at was Clarckson, as there were rumours late last year in certain circles. Dunstall was a joke, he hates us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back