News Bock retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a good thing. Some players just take a while.

Jackson Allen for mine is a case in point. He was really in the wilderness for the first half of this year, but his last month of footy has been very good in the 2s. He should be playing 1s this week. Has certainly earned it and deserves at least a 1 year extension.

Tops in a side thats been belted every week. Every trip to the seniors has been a passenger or a source of easy points for the opposition.

That said, I was there the day Bocky broke his leg. Was a real shame and a gruesome break at the time, made even moresoe by having to follow him in the past two years trying to run with a rod in his leg and recover just to get back to the seniors.

What could have been.......Good Luck Bocky.

Congrats to Nathan Bock for an excellent career. Great player. Was gutted when he left Adelaide.

By all accounts it sounds like he was fairly injury prone in his time at the Suns which is a real shame because he was quality player. To this day, we've never properly replaced him.

Congrats to Nathan Bock for an excellent career. Great player. Was gutted when he left Adelaide.

By all accounts it sounds like he was fairly injury prone in his time at the Suns which is a real shame because he was quality player. To this day, we've never properly replaced him.
Just had the one injury I think?

A very very good player who had unfortunate luck.

He might have a lot to offer as a defensive coach!

Well done Bocky. A shocking injury shortened your career with us and the leadership we badly need right now.

I'm a real fan of Frawley but he's indicated he wants a 7 year contract. We drafted Leslie to fill that role and maybe Seb Tape as a 3rd tall down back if he ever gets his body right. Do we want to commit to a player for that long with a history of hamstrings already?
We drafted KK for what role he will play down back. We now probably need a goal kicking half forward more than anything at present, a small minding defender and a run with shut down type. Aaron Hall defensively does the job, but we need goals as well, not 1.3 on a good day.

All the best Bocky. Was absolutely fantastic for us until his horrible injury. Those regular 10 goal losses back in 2011 would've been 20 goal losses without him stemming the tide in the backline. Deserved AA honours that year. If only we had him fit for this year we would have been in the finals already...not to be.

qdZXRT2.gif

Shame about Bock. Suspected it but never good news.

Just fwiw, Chip is being played as a lead up forward now for the most part. So I'm not sure how we will help our defence - especially as you wouldn't play May, Thompson and Frawley in the same backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back