Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. I underplayed his career highs a bit, here's the full list:

Goals: 4
Marks i50: 6
Score involvements: 9
Disposals: 18

Took half of our marks inside 50 and took more than the entire Lions team.
And 5 tackles, equal fourth highest.

To be fair to BT, his "Hills hoist" line wasn't too bad either.
BT is an ABSOLUTE utensil-rag who is so blatantly biased against Collingwood it's staggering. What's equally staggering is that no-one seems to call him out on it! I HATE when he is commentating - which appears to be every time Collingwood play!
If BT fell into the abyss tomorrow, never to return, it would be too soon.
Brayshaw is another flog who's lack of adequate adjectives is mind-blowing, especially for a 'commentator'.
And Jesus wept....

BT is an ABSOLUTE utensil-rag who is so blatantly biased against Collingwood it's staggering. What's equally staggering is that no-one seems to call him out on it! I HATE when he is commentating - which appears to be every time Collingwood play!
Brayshaw is another flog who's lack of adequate adjectives is mind-blowing, especially for a 'commentator'.
And Jesus wept....
Bring Dennis Cometti out of retirement - he was the best.
"librarian" - everyone knows instantly what that refers to.

And Jesus wept....
I wish Bruce and Commetti had been commentating our win this year.

Don't know if this (Coaches votes) has been posted before but here goes:

Collingwood v Brisbane​

15 - Bobby Hill (Collingwood)
10.5 - Keidean Coleman (Brisbane)
6 - Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
6 - Jack Crisp (Collingwood)
3 - Tom Mitchell (Collingwood)
3 - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
1.5 - Joe Daniher (Brisbane)

CARLTON midfield star Sam Walsh has won the AFL coaches' award as the player of the finals series.
The prolific ball-winner polled 23 votes in the Gary Ayres Award over three games, including the Blues' preliminary final loss to Brisbane.
He finished 2.5 votes clear of Lions playmaker Keidean Coleman (20.5).

Bobby would have won the Gary Ayres if Melbourne was coached by anyone other than the biggest sook coach since Chris Scott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flashback.

A lot of media sources have been claiming we gave up two second rounders for him. Let the record show that it was one future second (~40-ish), for Hill and a minor pick upgrade. Bargain!

And Jesus wept....
So you didn’t watch the Copeland last night.
I’ve said it before, he overcompensates his commentary when the Pies play. It’s so he doesn’t get accused of bias. Somewhere years ago a boss of his told him he was enjoying Collingwood moments too much and he has taken that to heart. And to protect his job.
Last night there was a lot of “we” in his hosting. Most host who are neutral, or in the opposition camp, would refer to the club in these instances.
I think BT is a pie man through and through. And I trust the Collingwood club to continually hire him for events due to his passion for us.

So you didn’t watch the Copeland last night.
I’ve said it before, he overcompensates his commentary when the Pies play. It’s so he doesn’t get accused of bias. Somewhere years ago a boss of his told him he was enjoying Collingwood moments too much and he has taken that to heart. And to protect his job.
Last night there was a lot of “we” in his hosting. Most host who are neutral, or in the opposition camp, would refer to the club in these instances.
I think BT is a pie man through and through. And I trust the Collingwood club to continually hire him for events due to his passion for us.
Yep mate. BT loves Collingwood

Special shout out to Dodoro. Hill wanted to go to Essendon at the end of the 2021 season. Giants were asking for a first rounder, Dodoro said no! Right or wrong, that's either Hobbs (13) 2021 or Tsatas (5) 2022. I reckon they regret it. At the end of 2022 we got Bobby for daylight robbery! ^^

A lot of media sources have been claiming we gave up two second rounders for him. Let the record show that it was one future second (~40-ish), for Hill and a minor pick upgrade. Bargain!

Whateley repeated this error multiple times

At least Robbo spares us any attempt at facts

And Jesus wept....
Problem is that if it seems like BT is in any way bias towards Collingwood he is crucified by the everyone non Collingwood - he walks a fine line being an an ex player who I believe has a deep love for the club. I don't subscribe to the BT hate club and view any bias commentary coming from him as an appeal to the opposition masses to keep the flogs happy rather than an sincere attempt to sink the boots into us as many other media commentators do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back