Stealth bomber

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2000
Denver, Colorado
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, STL Cards, PHI Flyers
How bout it? Just for BigFooty people, nothing huge.

Have everyone who wants to participate submit the week's tips by Thursday of an H/A round and keep a win/loss tally and percentage for all, with some kind of weekly tiebreaker.

If anyone wants to actually give out awards or anything, that's up to you. I'd be content doing it just for sh-ts and giggles. Perhaps small things for weekly winners and something better for the overall champion. And maybe a separate comp for finals?

I'd be happy to keep statistics on it and stuff, if nobody else could be bothered.

Sounds like a great idea Stealth!

We(or whoever runs it)will have to look further into it to see if we can. Wasn't there some probs during last season with the AFL threatening legal action if sites didn't shut down their tipping comps? And these were 'not for profit' comps either. Something about the AFL 'owns' the draw and it's reproduction and/or use for 'unnaproved' actvities violates the rights of the AFL or some crap....

Yeah, we got a legal letter saying no tipping, or pay us and then you can run a tipping comp.

I can't stop anyone running a comp and posting results on this board though.

AIE!

Well...we could do one just for fun without any awards involved I suppose, if anyone would still be bothered participating at that point.

Done we will rename the teams then!

Eg.
Collingwood - South Collingwood
Carlton - East Carlton

Easy done!

Sounds good.

We'll use South Melbourne, Fitzroy and Footscray too. As far as I'm concerned, that's how it should be
smile.gif

Is it just the reproduction of the draw that the AFL has a problem with? I have to say that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You can't copyright something as ludicrous as a schedule of games.

Great idea Stealth. Count me in. If you need any kind of help, give us a shout!!

BUT you have to have stupid names for ALL the teams like Bluebagers, Colliwobbles, Egirls etc etc etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in.

Can I have a perky blonde as my prize when I win?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Listen through your eyes - See through your ears - Become one with the source
Light and sound are but one - in the heart of creation the rest is for you to discover

Good idea - count me in.

To save you the job of name-changing I've been considering to do it for you guys. It's alright, I understand you appreciate it to the point where you probably want to give me a big hug.

Adelaide - Church girls

Brisbane - The Bears

Carlton - bluebaggers

Collingwood - potatoe pies (remember anyone?)

Essendon - bandwagon jumpers

Fremantle - the Fluro Purples

Geelong - I found it difficult - there's no acceptable/good word in the dictonary that can relate to that team

Hawthorn - I can't decide piss of s**t

Melbourne - legends

North - ummm north

Richmond - pussy army!

St. Kilda - wooden spoons

Sydney - those goofs

West Coast - perth

Bulldogs - Braybrook wannabee's!

Count me in as well.

Homework Boy, are you considering having a bye in the footy tips or something?

You might want to add Port Adelaide to that count

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back