Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Parker ...

Re-signed for 4 years until the end of 2025.

It was clear he was never actually going. His manager's ploys worked a treat.

Welcome Hewett.

That was our first finals appearance since 01 and we went on to play 3 more under Ratten and finishing 5th.

Ratten's issue was he never got to spend time as an assistant at a successful club.

but none of this has any bearing on "crazy Vossy"

I agree people can learn and grow etc but is that worth the gamble hoping this is the case with Voss.

It's a no from me

He has been passed over on quite a few head coaching positions...not sure how true but there was a media article that his interview with Collingwood went poorly.

Since getting the sack he's been at Port ever since. Port are doing well, though he doesn't appear to even be the second in command.

Just doesn't appear to be highly desirable. Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach.

He has been passed over on quite a few head coaching positions...not sure how true but there was a media article that his interview with Collingwood went poorly.

Since getting the sack he's been at Port ever since. Port are doing well, though he doesn't appear to even be the second in command.

Just doesn't appear to be highly desirable. Not everyone is cut out to be a head coach.

He is a Senior Assistant at Port so 2IC to Hinkley.

For those writing about quitting the Blues - some advice. (Although I'm sure this is an understandable and momentary emotional brain-fade). I was born into a mad Fitzroy family and went to my first game as a three-year old in 1960. I followed the club for the next 36 years with little success, except for our wonderful period from '79 to '86, when we made finals in five years. I followed Fitzroy in some seasons where we did not win a game. In the time I followed Fitzroy, Carlton won EIGHT premierships. When Fitzroy were undermined and send to Queensland at the end of '96, my whole family was shattered. What we loved about our club was being loyal to them and meeting up each week to watch them - in person or at the pub on TV. Fitzroy made some terrible decisions while I followed them. They had some great coaches (Robert Walls! David Parkin!) and they had some awful ones. Whatever happened, they were my club and I would have never given up on them. I have been a reserved seat member with Carlton for over 20 years now, and I love them as much as I love my 'Roy Boys' in football Heaven. Take it from me, there is a worse life than having a club going through turmoil, and that is having no club at all. I feel lucky to have chosen Carlton over any other club (although my mum, old Carlton girl, was persuasive). I love being a member of one of the big Melbourne clubs that others hate. (Essendon, anyone?) I love the crazy mad supporters from Melbourne's northern suburbs. I love the fact that many lifelong Carlton supporters welcomed me in from the football cold - a football orphan - and do not treat me as a 'blow-in'. I've NEVER seen a premiership. I want to see a Carlton premiership, and to do that I must stick fat now, rather than at some future date when we're winning more games. Bandwagons are for the superficial. Go Blues - and in the words of Jeff Fenech (and also Eddie 'the Best' Betts) 'I love youse all'
The best thing I think I have seen written on any footy forum...well done.

It's about the whole club and not just this interesting point at time. I did get to see some the premierships...and they were good....I want more.

He calls into Dwayne’s show with info and Dwayne gave him the name Rumour Ron. He actually had the info Mitchell wouldn’t coach the pies and pulled out of the process a week before it broke and said McRae would coach the pies so who knows

He also said Teague would be our coach next year a few days before he was sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has not helped his case that Port has not made a GF or won a premiership. That will change this year, b/c if they fail against the Dogs, and what they have been through this week with having to travel to WA and isolate for a few days???? and then travel to SA plus Bontempelli's injury then the coaches and players should be sacked.

I can't understand why there are people who have any hope of securing Chris Scott as our coach.

There is no chance. Why would he leave in the middle of a premiership window? I think the only reason why his name is mentioned in the news as a potential target, is so when he finally has to answer the questions and says no, the media can have a field day with the headlines such as 'Carltons disastrous coaching search continues with yet another candidate pulling out'.

It's a setup for a story as was Justin Leppitsch who, like C.Scott was never a real candidate anyway.

My gut tells me that it will be Kingsley or Yze with experience around him like Voss, Harvey, Hamill or all of the above. This is a good thing too. Just because it didn't work with Teague doesn't mean the pendulum HAS to swing as far as an extremely experienced coach (Lyon as an example).

Michael Voss is a 3x premiership captain and brownlow medalist. Wont cop this sooky behaviour from players cause hes done more than all of them combined. If they dont respect him then this issue we have is player driven and not external
He's also been coached by two premiership coaches so some of that knowledge would have been passed onto him.

I can't understand why there are people who have any hope of securing Chris Scott as our coach.

There is no chance. Why would he leave in the middle of a premiership window? I think the only reason why his name is mentioned in the news as a potential target, is so when he finally has to answer the questions and says no, the media can have a field day with the headlines such as 'Carltons disastrous coaching search continues with yet another candidate pulling out'.

It's a setup for a story as was Justin Leppitsch who, like C.Scott was never a real candidate anyway.

My gut tells me that it will be Kingsley or Yze with experience around him like Voss, Harvey, Hamill or all of the above. This is a good thing too. Just because it didn't work with Teague doesn't mean the pendulum HAS to swing as far as an extremely experienced coach (Lyon as an example).
Scott in the middle of a premiership window?
I think not, this is his last shot at a flag and they are playing the top team..
You could argue it's just about shut.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My good mate just told me that the Clarkson coaching market has been suspended because he has retired from coaching. More details on the news tonight.

Maybe on the Gold Coast? Would be a nice retirement gig for him…he’ll be able to retire pretty quickly based on what he’s rumoured to offered to go up there.

If Clarkson does go to GC, I think it’s more
likely to be as a Director of Coaching rather than senior coach. He’s not going to want to mess up his win:loss ratio.

Maybe on the Gold Coast? Would be a nice retirement gig for him…he’ll be able to retire pretty quickly based on what he’s rumoured to offered to go up there.

If Clarkson does go to GC, I think it’s more
likely to be as a Director of Coaching rather than senior coach. He’s not going to want to mess up his win:loss ratio.

Nah, it was a joke. My guess is as good as anyone else’s.

I have only a very small hope. Realistically it’s very unlikely however our play to get him would be to offer long-term security. Four or five year coaching contract vs the one year deal he has at Geelong. Bring over Cook who he’s familiar with.

Geelong will need to go through a rebuild after next season 2022 which coincides with Scott’s contract expiring. They may well look to start fresh at that point with a new coach. That’s the angle Carlton will be using but as mentioned earlier, highly unlikely to actually occur. We could force Geelong’s hand to sign him up long term though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back