Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing interest in Jack Ross from Richmond

Why would we want Ross when we have Stocker?
Maybe Stocker is indeed being marked for a full-time back post, but still don't get Ross?
What are we thinking with Kennedy? Are we thinking of Kennedy.

Ross won't make his way to us, but kicking tyres is OK.

It was clear we were going to target the players we've clearly targeted - Coniglio, Papley, Martin and even Butler.
It's odd how many names come up but at the end of things, only the 'right' names find their way to the club.

Don't care for any mix of Ellis, Tomlinson, Ross or even Cameron.
All may be good players but don't make us immediately better, unless of course our development across the board, has stalled or gone backwards.

I'm sure more names will be raised in coming weeks, but only thee common-sense ones will ultimately find their way to our club.......I think.

EDIT: One unusual name I'd love to see is Caldwell. Would be happy to throw away our 2020 first for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was clear we were going to target the players we've clearly targeted - Coniglio, Papley, Martin and even Butler.
It's odd how many names come up but at the end of things, only the 'right' names find their way to the club.

All may be good players but don't make us immediately better, unless of course our development across the board, has stalled or gone backwards.

I'm sure more names will be raised in coming weeks, but only thee common-sense ones will ultimately find their way to our club.......I think.

EDIT: One unusual name I'd love to see is Caldwell. Would be happy to throw away our 2020 first for him.
Ellis was very good last night. Would be a handy pickup. Pity he and his manager are greedy.

Ellis was very good last night. Would be a handy pickup. Pity he and his manager are greedy.

Lol, I keep seeing your posts and think "When did I post that?", then I notice SOS isn't perpetually obtaining sunglasses.

I also thought the same about Ellis. He's in ripping form. But if it's just about the cash, then I hope he enjoys moving interstate to a dud team.

Why would we want Ross when we have Stocker?
Maybe Stocker is indeed being marked for a full-time back post, but still don't get Ross?
What are we thinking with Kennedy? Are we thinking of Kennedy.

Ross won't make his way to us, but kicking tyres is OK.
Thats what I thought, similar build and spec
Perhaps they will run Stocker down back, but heard he has a good head for organising in the midfield....

Agree big time re Caldwell. Kid will be something special. Damn hope we go after the kid (especially before he becomes settled and too costly)

Agree big time re Caldwell. Kid will be something special. Damn hope we go after the kid (especially before he becomes settled and too costly)

It's not just because he'll make for a good midfielder, but for him making for the right type for us.
For all the midfielders GWS have moved on, they still have so many battling for similar spots and now they'll also have Green coming to them.

First selected mids - Coniglio, Kelly, Whitfield, Hopper, Ward & Taranto.
Developing mids - Caldwell, Hately, Bonar and then Green this year.

That makes for a lot of premium talent and not all can fit into the one team at any one time and with only Ward not being around for at least another five years.

Something has to give and I'd be happy if it gave away right about now, for us.

It's not just because he'll make for a good midfielder, but for him making for the right type for us.
For all the midfielders GWS have moved on, they still have so many battling for similar spots and now they'll also have Green coming to them.

First selected mids - Coniglio, Kelly, Whitfield, Hopper, Ward & Taranto.
Developing mids - Caldwell, Hately, Bonar and then Green this year.

That makes for a lot of premium talent and not all can fit into the one team at any one time and with only Ward not being around for at least another five years.

Something has to give and I'd be happy if it gave away right about now, for us.
People are saying we need mature talent. And they are right. But Caldwell would be the guy id be jumping for joy with if we somehow shook him loose

Really? I thought he played a role. Didn't do anything I would consider good. He is mediocre at best. I think you've been seduced by the Richmond bug, over-rating their players.

Played half back. Through my lens was really clean and used the first option. Was impressed.
G.B D K H M T HO CL 1% FF FA I50
0.0 18 9 9 3 2 0 1 2 0 3 3

TBH,18 disposals is way more than I expected, since I barely remember sighting him in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back