Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans are playing the WCE Reserves in a scratch match at Lathlain Park on Wednesday night (tomorrow night) at 6.30pm.

Im not sure Noobz but it has been good to see the regular interviews over the Summer.
Social media via our respective SD sites is the way of the future for all of the club information as we certainly cant rely on the ol 7/West media to provide anything positive about Swans.

Well it looks like we might finally have some movement in the WAFC station at last as the date 1st August announced yesterday as the new season opening round.
Each team will play each other once (8 games) and then the usual 4 week Finals Series to follow, it will be a Top 4 this season and no WCE Reserves playing.
Hopefully we will have crowds allowed to attend games by August.

Swans should jump on some of the WCE top up players that now find themselves without a club. Jarrod Humphries (former leading goalkicker in the SWFL) would be one I’d go after hard. Watched him kick five against Swans in a scratch match at Lathlain before the shutdown, he’s got all the tools and is a natural forward.

Groundhog Day for SD supporters as they yet again fall away in the last qtr meekly to lose at Basso Oval.
You really have to wonder what goes on down there, they never improve and have actually gone backwards every year since Brian Dawson left as Coach at the end of 2010.
We constantly hear from those at the club that this will be the year we climb the ladder, we turn up in big numbers as they ask us to but we are continually let down with the limp efforts by the club in front of those big home crowds.
A poor day all round by SD with weak losses in all 3 grades at home and you really have to ask some hard questions of those in charge when are we going to see any signs of improvement and a climb up the ladder?????????????

A lot of young players in that league side though (I know, an excuse)
Plus Hampson was out, he would have added a bit

For West to kick those early goals so quickly in the last qtr though, really disappointing

A tough next couple of weeks coming up for us

Groundhog Day for SD supporters as they yet again fall away in the last qtr meekly to lose at Basso Oval.
You really have to wonder what goes on down there, they never improve and have actually gone backwards every year since Brian Dawson left as Coach at the end of 2010.
We constantly hear from those at the club that this will be the year we climb the ladder, we turn up in big numbers as they ask us to but we are continually let down with the limp efforts by the club in front of those big home crowds.
A poor day all round by SD with weak losses in all 3 grades at home and you really have to ask some hard questions of those in charge when are we going to see any signs of improvement and a climb up the ladder?????????????

The last quarters getting over run is unbelievable now are the players fit enough compared to other clubs?
I am not sure Ausbenito but I would also question the desire of our side....do they really actually want to work hard enough and desperately enough for 4 qtrs to get that win and the 4 points?
On what I have seen of late the answer would be a definitive NO!

Well July 18 is the back to WAFL season date.
We have WP first up at Basso.

Thoughts on the 2020 season swannies

Sorry Spearhead haven't been watching these boards of late. I think the answer from yesterday is that I need to a) go and find another Saturday afternoon hobby and b) drink more.

I know this is retrospective, however, I asked myself at the time, why is Pickering bringing these EP players with him? We seem to have had a fair influx and maybe I was being harsh. But, when our mate Waite had that calamitous 30 seconds, right in front of me, to ice the game for WP, all the questions came back into my head.....

Midfielders, well we haven't been able to recruit a really top notch midfielder for probably a decade now. There's been some OK ones, but not really top shelf. We certainly don't seem to be able to develop them, yet we seem to have had a good enough quality coming through juniors and colts for a while. Strange......

So, the eternal question at Basso is, where are we going wrong and what are we going to do about it?

As I said yesterday, it starts at the board IMHO. No one seems accountable at the club.

No worries swannies all good mate.
I know you saw Round 1 which we should have won but didnt (again) but thought we matched Claremont in the midfield for most of last weeks game just couldnt convert (again) our opportunities and yet everytime Claremont went forward they scored. Alec Waterman was the difference imho he was superb for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we finally picked up our first points of the season albeit only 2 from a draw in the Reserves but hey we will take any points right at the minute. 3 rounds in to this shortened season and not 1 win in any grade, just going beautifully down at Basso at the minute!! :drunk:

Well we finally picked up our first points of the season albeit only 2 from a draw in the Reserves but hey we will take any points right at the minute. 3 rounds in to this shortened season and not 1 win in any grade, just going beautifully down at Basso at the minute!! :drunk:
But, according to a post on the swans facebook page, Spearhead, we have a plan! ;)

Surely Pickering has to go or preferably quit after yet another listless, lamentable performance by the SDFC which has become all too familiar in the last 3 years.
Change needs to happen as this sinking ship is sinking too Titanic like depths.
Riggio, Notte, Howard, Payne are playing so poorly this year it is like they have lost all real desire to play at the moment the way things are currently.

Good win yesterday in both the League & Reserves and great to celebrate Riggs 200th WAFL game with a win in our last home game for 2020. A good crowd and atmosphere at Basso again yesterday, there really is no other WAFL experience like a game there especially when the beloved home side is going well.

Good win yesterday in both the League & Reserves and great to celebrate Riggs 200th WAFL game with a win in our last home game for 2020. A good crowd and atmosphere at Basso again yesterday, there really is no other WAFL experience like a game there especially when the beloved home side is going well.
Love watching footy at Bassendean. Follow West Perth but live close to Bassendean oval. Will often take the kids down if there is a game on just to get out of the house.

Watched the game yesterday on TV. Nice win by your boys.

Well it was a lot more promising finish to the season than the start that is for sure.
We won 3 of our last 4 including fairly comprehensive wins against 4th placed Perth at home and EF at their windy park.
The club needs to build on that for 2021 and not rest on our laurels as we have shown in patches we can mix it with most sides but poor patches in games have cost us dearly.
The midfield of Fisher, Anderson, Turner, Cipro, Bayok and a few other young blokes coming through plus Gault in the ruck with help from Blakely & Germs can give us enough footy to our forwards who can take a grab we should be able to hit the scoreboard more often as long as we play a more long fast dynamic direct brand and not stuff around with it with too many handballs and playing wide too often.
Congrats to Riggs on game 200 for the Mighty Black & Whites and also Stevie Payne on his great career at both EP & SD the last 3 seasons as he has officially announced his retirement. Riggs once again playing deeper forward hit the scoreboard this time kicking 3 (should have been 4 after the siren) after 1.3 last week. It will be interesting to see if he goes on next year or hangs up the boots with Payney?

Congratulations to SD Sam Fisher on winning the 2020 Sandover Medal.
He had an outstanding debut season in the WAFL for the Mighty Black & Whites.

First and last perhaps mate? Be interesting in this COVID affected AFL climate, if clubs look more closely at players like Fisher ready to go from the off with smaller lists. Saying that Bolton won 2 Sandovers and couldn't get redrafted....well done to Fisher and the SDFC recruiting team.

Congratulations to Corey Gault on winning his 2nd Swan Medal on Friday night, with Sam Fisher, Jesse Turner, Frank Anderson, Brandon Erceg & Denver Grainger-Barrass filling out the Top 6 placings in order.
Also congrats to Jake Dugan & Ayden Cartwright on winning the SDFC Reserves & Colts F&B's respectively.

Reported in the West yesterday that former Port Power player Jesse Palmer has signed with Swans, joining his fellow ex-Northern Blues teammates Fisher and Anderson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back