Black Diamond AFL - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
many of us admire what the board are doing with scant resources, but there are also many in club land putting in a huge amount of effort to do the same for their club - sponsors, finance, strategy, football operations, etc

each club is like a mini bdafl board it is just the decision making power and scope of control that is different - no doubt we need passionate and committed people in both areas but it is not easy to attract them and keep particularly if personalities get in the way

without regular meetings to poll clubs and without so good old treading the boards to find sponsors and staff - it is funny that i have not seen the GM position advertised locally or in the state press but hey do have responses - maybe the clerical or admin role that is required could come from a new graduate - so advertise at the uni or tafe

same could be said for the person handling financial matters - a grad would do the job on a small retainer - they need the money to pay back HECS

some imagination is required

As someone involved with football in the area over many years, I agree there is still plenty of work to be done. Financially is only one part of things though.

Those who hide behind a computer and cane volunteers who at least have the balls to give up their own time are pretty piss weak.

Irrelevant of who was right or wrong, to be advised of something by the controlling body of any sport and simply disregard it stinks of arrogance and if I was a board member I would have told the AFL if they are so good at running things in the area then by all means go for it and just go and sink cans on a Saturday.

God knows how legally ambiguous some of the other bylaws in the constitution are, but should we all take our ball and go home every time something doesn't suit.

As for the GM position, it seems as stated on here a million times, we have part time wages to do a full time position, no one in their right mind would do 40 hours a week for what is it 20k or something ?

Just my thoughts.

I may be cynical, but I'd love to know if Cardiff paid their $100 appeal deposit, submitted their appeal in writing, whether the BDAFL referred it to their appointed independent arbitor, if the independent arbitor ruled their was a case for appeal and whether the required 3 independent parties heard the appeal. Just wondering if due process (according to the by-laws) was followed, or if some favours were called in somewhere along the line?

We'll never know..........but I can't stop wondering..............

Hey RE TARDUS, what happened to your last post??? It seems to have gone missing.

Must be some people here who have some taste and decency, unlike you. Please don't miss-understand me, I am just mocking you. :D

THERE IS ONLY 1 ORIGINAL TARDUS (beware of imitators) :thumbsu:

correct me if i am wrong, but from this forum, if the bdafl was motel it would be called faulty towers . i have never heard so much crap from ppl on here about this league. everyone pointing the finger but no one willing to try and fix it

correct me if i am wrong, but from this forum, if the bdafl was motel it would be called faulty towers . i have never heard so much crap from ppl on here about this league. everyone pointing the finger but no one willing to try and fix it

Go back to ainslie ya mucky.

While each member of the Board of the BDAFL has a portfolio, the league is still short 3-4 members which places undue stress on the rest. Regular appeals to clubland for people to fill the void have fallen on deaf ears. The critics are many.The helpers are non existent.

While each member of the Board of the BDAFL has a portfolio, the league is still short 3-4 members which places undue stress on the rest. Regular appeals to clubland for people to fill the void have fallen on deaf ears. The critics are many.The helpers are non existent.

The whisper is that there are three or four players that are now retiring and would like to take a Board position as well as one or two that would like to take on the G.M.'s Job

Keep up the good work Steve from what I hear they are coming your way.

Tips for the weekend:

City - hot favorite after winning last 2 GFs and last 2 games against cardiff.
Singleton - looked way to strong for the bay in 1st final.
Cardiff- have beaten KV easily during the year.

Tips for the weekend:

City - hot favorite after winning last 2 GFs and last 2 games against cardiff.
Singleton - looked way to strong for the bay in 1st final.
Cardiff- have beaten KV easily during the year.

18s - Cardiff by 4 goals
Resies - Singleton by 6 goals
1s - Cardiff red hot favourites - 10 Grand Finals in 11 years
Players such as Ryan, Orton, Gibson, Sheldon and AFL superstar Blumfield.
City lucky two weeks ago, Cardiff should be back to their dominant best -
Cardiff by 4 - 5 goals

18s - Cardiff by 4 goals
Resies - Singleton by 6 goals
1s - Cardiff red hot favourites - 10 Grand Finals in 11 years
Players such as Ryan, Orton, Gibson, Sheldon and AFL superstar Blumfield.
City lucky two weeks ago, Cardiff should be back to their dominant best -
Cardiff by 4 - 5 goals

10 grandfinals in 11 years for 4 wins....not a good record

Good luck to all sides on Saturday, should be a great day of footy. Hopefully we get good weather which will allow for great footy to be played.

Tips-

18s- Killarney Vale by 3 goals. Think Killarney have the best 18s side running around. With the inclusion of Lloyd and their players like Mumford, Coughlan, Higgins and Thone-Kane plus many others having 1st grade experience, they might be just too strong for Cardiff.

Reserves- Singleton easy. Too good for that competition.

1s- City probably start favourites in this one. Cardiff looked like they were just going through the motions a bit last week. Will the lack of footy theyve played this year hurt the Hawks?? The extra game last week will have helped them though.
Both clubs have good players on every line and I cant see it being more than 1 or 2 goals either way. In a toss of the coin I will go with Cardiff because I think they have a point to prove on grand final day.

Tip for the BOG medal is O'Brien from Cardiff.

Should be a great day of footy. Good luck to everyone involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen the BDAFL web site. The talk of cancellation due to the weather has already started.

The Newcastle City Council web says that No1 is already closed. Tonight's junior grand finals look like not going ahead and with the rain forecast to intensify this afternoon???

Looks like everyone will need to "keep the powder dry" to next Saturday.

Good luck to all sides on Saturday, should be a great day of footy. Hopefully we get good weather which will allow for great footy to be played.

Tips-

18s- Killarney Vale by 3 goals. Think Killarney have the best 18s side running around. With the inclusion of Lloyd and their players like Mumford, Coughlan, Higgins and Thone-Kane plus many others having 1st grade experience, they might be just too strong for Cardiff.

Reserves- Singleton easy. Too good for that competition.

1s- City probably start favourites in this one. Cardiff looked like they were just going through the motions a bit last week. Will the lack of footy theyve played this year hurt the Hawks?? The extra game last week will have helped them though.
Both clubs have good players on every line and I cant see it being more than 1 or 2 goals either way. In a toss of the coin I will go with Cardiff because I think they have a point to prove on grand final day.

Tip for the BOG medal is O'Brien from Cardiff.

Should be a great day of footy. Good luck to everyone involved.

You are a fair Man Deitzy and that is a fair appraisal, let's trust that there are no injuries and the Grand Finalists do us proud.

Lots of luck to all of them.

Fair comments Deitzy.

I'll have to take your word re the U/18's. I hope your right, would be good to see KV get redemption for last year.

Ressies. Congrats to singo for playing great footy all year and with great club spirit. They rightful deserve their 2nd premiership. The wet weather may bring Nelson Bay some hope and who knows what they conjure up but it would want to be some spectacular reserve grade footy to topple a very skillful and supremely fit singleton outfit.

The main draw....mmm, it's a yet another mouth watering contest. The last 2 grandfinals between these 2 sides been decided by not much more than a straight kick. Cardiff had the easy route last year, this year City...doesnt seem to count for much.

I think it's Cardiff with more to lose. Having an ex AFL player plus one or 2 more handy inclusions to what is already a local powerhouse should really have cemented them as favourites but the City hoodoo still hangs over them like a typical sleazy newy bogan to a tarted up cougar at the sexchange.

Cardiff even went to the trouble of getting on No.1 for a training run before the GF....that to go with their pretty blue brisbane lions pre game warm up shirts would have you think that they've had solid preparation for another GF. But as Cardiff would know more than anyone, pretty blue brisbane lions warm up shirts dont win you premierships....they just make you look like a pack of pretentious AFL wanna be w***ers...mission accomplished there guys.

Despite City having a first year coach that is a little on the different side plus missing several critical players they will go into this game with the wood on Cardiff.

O'Brien though would figure in the BOG votes, a hard worker who gets plenty of the footy should see him in contention. The wet weather may suit someone like him.

The big question is......is this the last time we'll see a grandfinal day like this for the league? Will next year be a 4 game GF day? U/18's, Div3, 2, 1?

...hey why not....change is as good as a holiday.

Fair comments Deitzy.

I'll have to take your word re the U/18's. I hope your right, would be good to see KV get redemption for last year.

Ressies. Congrats to singo for playing great footy all year and with great club spirit. They rightful deserve their 2nd premiership. The wet weather may bring Nelson Bay some hope and who knows what they conjure up but it would want to be some spectacular reserve grade footy to topple a very skillful and supremely fit singleton outfit.

The main draw....mmm, it's a yet another mouth watering contest. The last 2 grandfinals between these 2 sides been decided by not much more than a straight kick. Cardiff had the easy route last year, this year City...doesnt seem to count for much.

I think it's Cardiff with more to lose. Having an ex AFL player plus one or 2 more handy inclusions to what is already a local powerhouse should really have cemented them as favourites but the City hoodoo still hangs over them like a typical sleazy newy bogan to a tarted up cougar at the sexchange.

Cardiff even went to the trouble of getting on No.1 for a training run before the GF....that to go with their pretty blue brisbane lions pre game warm up shirts would have you think that they've had solid preparation for another GF. But as Cardiff would know more than anyone, pretty blue brisbane lions warm up shirts dont win you premierships....they just make you look like a pack of pretentious AFL wanna be w***ers...mission accomplished there guys.

Despite City having a first year coach that is a little on the different side plus missing several critical players they will go into this game with the wood on Cardiff.

O'Brien though would figure in the BOG votes, a hard worker who gets plenty of the footy should see him in contention. The wet weather may suit someone like him.

The big question is......is this the last time we'll see a grandfinal day like this for the league? Will next year be a 4 game GF day? U/18's, Div3, 2, 1?

Well the results are in and it all went pretty well as expected. Cardiff 18's had the momentum at the right end of the season, Singo ressies had the wood on Nellie Bay and Cardiff were always going to be up against it when their coach is quoted as saying his "elite players" will do the job.........you've got to be kidding mate......good local players maybe, but elite definitely not!!!

2010 done and dusted. Somewhat predictable but the the 1st grade clash was still up in the air during the last few rounds. Unfortunately 15mins into the first quarter, some may argue even sooner, City had their 3rd consecutive premiership to equal Cardiffs feat of 04, 05, 06.

Cardiff and City now sit at 4 BDAFL premierships a piece.

The junior hawks obviously too good on the day. Always been very strong in the u'18s/17's that club since the mid 90's.

Singleton, amazing. Nelson Bay, very very lucklustre guys. Big bodies doing very little.

City. To dominate a side like Cardiff effectively handing them their worst defeat in a number of years on the big day is impressive. Cardiff's record against City in the games that count is a worry to say the least. 51 points....shiieeetttt. What do they say to each other tonight and for the rest of the preseason? 3 seasons of amazing home and away wins but come away with nothing. Do the older blokes, think bugger it, see ya later????

Again the concern now needs to shift back to a competitive competition where the Wyong, Gosford, Lake Mac sides get to experience some positives and achievements throughout the year.

....that or maybe Cardiff cant get Blumfield on the blower to Hirdy and perhaps Lloydy, get em to Bill Elliott and maybe come within 2 kicks of a premiership next year....just a thought.

Interesting to read in the paper Ryno saying a number of the Cardiff blokes may be giving it away now. As a footy club they have a heap of talented juniors and it will be interesting to watch their progression over the next few years.

I wasnt at the game on Saturday but from what I heard City were first to the footy and harder at it. A huge effort from that club to win 3 in a row and to come back this year after being totally decimated by injury early in the season. Congratulations to all concerned.

The competition faces an interesting period now. How do sides like Lake Mac, Gosford and Wyong become finals sides. What can they do to attract players to boost their squads. What will Terrigal, Warners Bay and Killarney do to go to the next level. Can they push for a flag next year, or will City and Cardiff still be the benchmark. Will Singleton make the step up to the top division?? Will be exciting times for that club if they do and become a competitive side.

Promises to be an interesting off-season. Who knows what will happen with the new GM and hopefully they appoint someone who will drive the league forward with new ideas and visions.

Convert, as to why I am not coaching the premiers the simple answer is we werent consitent enough or good enough when it came to the crunch. We progressed in a number of areas this year though and are already planning next year to try and achieve a bit of success which we havent had for a while. Getting my fat guts off the field might be a start. See how we go anyway!

Well done again to all the premiers.

You'd be right for tipping Cardiff Dave, as has been the case over the past 3 seasons, they've been by far and away the best team in the round matches.

...I guess it would extremely frustrating for the coaching staff and senior players to go down when it really counts.

Fair comments Deitzy.

Yeah nice redemption for Killarney Vale, they came, they got smacked and then had a long trip back to tumbi umbi.

What Handy inclusions did Cardiff have for that final silly?

Cardiff didnt train on number 1 before the game silly?

I think Cardiff would know just as much as anyone about winning premierships bud, most their players have won 4 or 5 allready, and yo theres more to come.

All done and dusted, now looking to next year Cardiff will always be up the top, you just have to look at their club-they made all but 1 gf this year so half their 1's could call it quits and they still be there!!

Singleton have nominated for all grades next year which will be interesting to see how they go. They won 12's and ok 14's but its a long way to travel if yr not winning!!
Best of luck to them, and i bet the Nelson boys will be very happy!!

Yeah nice redemption for Killarney Vale, they came, they got smacked and then had a long trip back to tumbi umbi.

What Handy inclusions did Cardiff have for that final silly?

Cardiff didnt train on number 1 before the game silly?

I think Cardiff would know just as much as anyone about winning premierships bud, most their players have won 4 or 5 allready, and yo theres more to come.

KV u/18's, yes they were beaten, wouldnt say smacked. Dont know much about the makeup of that comp. 1 more u/18's for the cheese and beetroots.

Handy inclusions, Blumfield and Serafin...I'd say that's a pretty handy couple of pickups going into the season with an already solid team. So not so much inclusions for the grand final specificially but for the season as a whole, and they made the most of them, stating the obvious only losing one match during the home away rounds.

Cardiff may not have trained on the ground but enquiries were made to do so.

Cardiff would definately know all about winning premierships, they sit equal with City on 4 a piece in the new look comp and had the 98? premiership as well. However.....on the big day you could place your bets either way comfortably. In 99, Nelson Bay could have had a 10 goal betting headstart and you'd still put your $$$ on cardiff........

Take nothing away from the club though. Very strong across all grades for the best part of a decade if not more. Any team that beats them in the home away season always gets a big kick from the result. As for beating them in GF's, if any of the City boys are sober now they could comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back