Biggest snipers in Gippsland

Remove this Banner Ad

Knock it off Leo ya ****head i'm not making it up, I seen the whole thing. The reason I was looking in that direction was because the ball was being kicked to Dore so I looked to see whether he was in a position to mark it or not. It's not as if it happened up the other end of the ground, the ball landed about ten metres away.

So your right and everyone else that saw it is wrong?

Any video of the game then from either team?

It was our kick out, so Jones clearly wasn't blocking for a lead... he did look like he was on a lead as he ran 70 metres at full pace away from the incident as soon as it happened though

It was our kick out, so Jones clearly wasn't blocking for a lead... he did look like he was on a lead as he ran 70 metres at full pace away from the incident as soon as it happened though

Not sure what game you were at. The ball was definately kicked from the defensive wing area, towards NNG centre half forward.

I have seen the video. Brent Hughes had the ball about 80m from goal, slightly towards the far wing, he kicked the ball inside 50. As the ball is in flight you see Chris Jones on what looks like a lead and just as the camera follows the ball and he is about to leave the screen he and Duiker come together.

It is only on screen for a split second but there were certainly no raised elbows or anything like that, however it did end up being 25m from where the ball eventually dropped. Had it been 20m closer the bump would have been legal and the clash of heads that knocked Duiker out was just something that sometimes happens in these types of incidents, as we have seen regularly in the Afl.

In the eastern comp if you get sent off you can be replaced by someone on the bench i think this is a great move and our comp should bring this in, what do u guys think?

I have seen the video. Brent Hughes had the ball about 80m from goal, slightly towards the far wing, he kicked the ball inside 50. As the ball is in flight you see Chris Jones on what looks like a lead and just as the camera follows the ball and he is about to leave the screen he and Duiker come together.

It is only on screen for a split second but there were certainly no raised elbows or anything like that, however it did end up being 25m from where the ball eventually dropped. Had it been 20m closer the bump would have been legal and the clash of heads that knocked Duiker out was just something that sometimes happens in these types of incidents, as we have seen regularly in the Afl.
He would have got weeks had it been afl.Didn't Blight tell someone to fix up a player off the ball also.Any bumps off the ball isnt good for our comp and it didnt paint a good picture of our great comp.Well done to NNG on a great year.

Withers was not sent off for laying a clumsy tackle, he tried to kick another player. As for costing the team, CL outscored NNG for the time he was off.

Thats crap, I have no need to defend Withers or Cora Lynn but from I saw it was nothing more than a clumsly tackle or accidental trip at worst. The inccident happened right in front of me and was soft as butter!

This.

Cheers.

In the eastern comp if you get sent off you can be replaced by someone on the bench i think this is a great move and our comp should bring this in, what do u guys think?

Yep, great idea. Still punishes the team a little bit but is unlikely tyo have a major effect on the result.

He would have got weeks had it been afl.Didn't Blight tell someone to fix up a player off the ball also.Any bumps off the ball isnt good for our comp and it didnt paint a good picture of our great comp.Well done to NNG on a great year.

Any knock 25m off the ball will get weeks in the AFL. For a block to be legal that far off the ball it nearly needs to be a basketball style screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats crap, I have no need to defend Withers or Cora Lynn but from I saw it was nothing more than a clumsly tackle or accidental trip at worst. The inccident happened right in front of me and was soft as butter!

As I said further down, I didn't see it, was just told that's what he was sent off for, but if you saw it and say it was soft, I take your word for it, I reckon its a bit soft if you get sent off for clumsy tackling, Dustin Fletcher would spend 90% of the time off the ground.

Anyway, at the end of the day anyone who wants to carry on about it can get f****d, the Goon won the flag and as for Duiker getting knocked out, well lets be honest it couldn't have happened to a better bloke.

Tumbleweed- You have lost all credibility as a human being! You sit up on your self indulged purch dismissing anyone with an opinion and reinstating how correct you always are... Then make a comment like this??

Please introduce yourself if you ever happen to see me around....

What happens on the field stays on the field. Water under the bridge with what Jones did. Congrats to NNG....

Tumbleweed- You have lost all credibility as a human being! You sit up on your self indulged purch dismissing anyone with an opinion and reinstating how correct you always are... Then make a comment like this??

What happens on the field stays on the field. Water under the bridge with what Jones did. Congrats to NNG....
What a reasonable post. :thumbsu:

Ha ha settle down OTB, clearly i was only looking for a bite which it seems as though i got....everyone was having pot shots at Jones without knowing exactly what happened so i thought i'd recipricate. I don't even know Duiker.

Wouldnt worry about Tumble, very average 2's footballer who came to goon a few years ago and was worse than average there but seems to know everything. Just jumped on the bandwagon like many others.

By public vote i think we can conclude jones is a sniper.

Did any one see him run like rabbit after it happened.If he didn't mean it you would think he would have stoped to see if Duiker was ok, think you call it sportsmanship.Jones should stick to softball.

Did any one see him run like rabbit after it happened.If he didn't mean it you would think he would have stoped to see if Duiker was ok, think you call it sportsmanship.Jones should stick to softball.
All I saw was Withers checking his watch, hoping Duiker would hurry up and get off as he had a plane to catch that night.

Another wasted year by the Cora Lynn hierarchy. Just accept you lost, get over it and see how much money you can spend next year.

Whatever happened, happened. End result is a NNG flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back