Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Today’s album shuffle included: Powerwolf, Aversions Crown, Children of Bodom, Belenos, Mesarthim, Dismember, Dark Tranquility, Psycroptic, Asphyx, Warcrab, Misery Index and Vader.

Attachments

• IMG_4166.jpeg
    IMG_4166.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 3
35 years ago today i went to my first concert.

Metallica @ thebarton theatre.

Anyone else see them on the damaged justice tour?

And what were others first concerts?

I was a year old, so no, but if I had a time machine I'd be going back to that one.

I've got this:

R-2572747-1527678886-9066.jpg
First concert was Status Quo with my parents.
First metal gig, I'm not sure. Maybe Metallica at Big Day Out 2004?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First concert: Sepultura on the Against tour, 1999. I was under-age, so thankfully they played Festival Hall so I could go. They were fantastic; I know the current line-up can be divisive, but Derrick has been an incredible front man every time I've seen them.

I lasted about 30 seconds in the pit (thankfully have made up for it plenty of times since).

Superheist opened for them. Became quite popular about 4-5 years later before disappearing quite suddenly.

First concert was The Deltones at the Sir Robert Helpman Theatre in Mt Gambier in about 1987. Please don't ask how it came to be but it was surprisingly entertaining and opened my eyes to how live music can transform a tune.

First hard rock/metal concert was KISS at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre on the Revenge tour. Take It Off for a raging pubescent 16 or 17yo was something else.

I'm sure things would be different if I grew up in a capital city but it wasn't to be (but I did love my upbringing, no regrets).

First concert was The Deltones at the Sir Robert Helpman Theatre in Mt Gambier in about 1987. Please don't ask how it came to be but it was surprisingly entertaining and opened my eyes to how live music can transform a tune.

First hard rock/metal concert was KISS at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre on the Revenge tour. Take It Off for a raging pubescent 16 or 17yo was something else.

I'm sure things would be different if I grew up in a capital city but it wasn't to be (but I did love my upbringing, no regrets).

Revenge Tour would have been amazing!!!

Revenge Tour would have been amazing!!!
I had the Alive III video which I'm surprised was still going, my sister bought me the ticket for a birthday pressie after making sure my best mates would go with me. The concert was basically the video save for 3 or 4 songs and the strippers actually took it off. ******* amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back