BigFooty - AFL Dream Team Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it might be interesting to start a BF Bulldogs board AFL Dream Team competition here this season.

We would probably have enough interest to host at least two leagues here so if you are interested then please add your name to the thread.

Some of the features from last year were:

You have a salary cap that you cant exceed
You select 30 players to form your team
You are allowed 20 trades during the season but no more than 2 per week.

It's a lot of fun as you are basically the selector and coach of your own team. You score points based on how your nominated players perform each week from a stats perspective and your team plays against others each week for premiership points. There is also a finals series.

It's still a few weeks off from starting but just add your name here so that we can see how many people are interested in participating.

I'll be in that. And I don't wanna talk myself up but I was the number 1 ranked Dogs fan in the country last year so you people are all going down. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :mad:

PS - I only said I don't wanna talk myself up to appear modest when in fact I clearly did wanna talk myself up. I hope u are all scared now!!! And u're all still going down!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

PS - Do people really write PS on forums or is it just letters? I don't really know. In fact can someone tell me what it stands for cos I don't have a clue

The_Flying_Egg said:
I'll be in that. And I don't wanna talk myself up but I was the number 1 ranked Dogs fan in the country last year so you people are all going down. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :mad:

PS - I only said I don't wanna talk myself up to appear modest when in fact I clearly did wanna talk myself up. I hope u are all scared now!!! And u're all still going down!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I will certainly be taking up your challenge :)

The_Flying_Egg said:
Thankyou kindly young sir. You're help at this critical junction in my life will not soon be forgotten.

After seeing how kindly you received the advice from Sporty, i feel enthusiastic about the opportunity you have presented me to further your post script education by informing you of the accepted convention for adding a second post script. Rather than simply using PS twice, it is proper to use PPS, as that part of your communique is post your post script.

PS- I have too many non bulldog supporters desperate to be in a league with me to join these leagues, but i will make myself Bulldogs Board Dream Team Champion by achieiving the highest overall rank of this board.

PPS- I will join a bulldog league if my other league doesn't end up happening.

Pembleton said:
After seeing how kindly you received the advice from Sporty, i feel enthusiastic about the opportunity you have presented me to further your post script education by informing you of the accepted convention for adding a second post script. Rather than simply using PS twice, it is proper to use PPS, as that part of your communique is post your post script.

Thanku Sir Pembleton. U have satisfied a yearning I had for post script knowledge that had left a gaping hole in my bosom and for that mere thankyou's seem insufficient

Perhaps the good looking well informed moderators of this board could open up a new board devoted entirely to post scripts and post script etiquette

I am happy to get involved although I have no idea how it works - it sounds like a hoot. Anything that broadens my understanding and enjoyment of the game is good. Also, someone has to lose horribly and make everyone else feel better about themselves. I am willing to make this sacrifice for the good of the team, big footy and sport in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigChiefManBoobs will be back in 2006 to retain his title !!!
Reminder:
---------------------------------
1ST QUALIFYING FINAL
1. Dogs In Space 2,023
4. The Muffins 1,846

2ND QUALIFYING FINAL
2. BigChiefManBoobs 1,853
3. K9-54 2,083

1ST ELIMINATION FINAL
5. Bulldog Pride 2,073
8. SHCP F.C 1,757

2ND ELIMINATION FINAL
6. Japan Bulldogs 1,681
7. Melton Bulldogs 1,722
1ST SEMI FINAL
The Muffins 1,803
Bulldog Pride 1,867

2ND SEMI FINAL
BigChiefManBoobs 1,696
Melton Bulldogs 1,594
1ST PRELIM. FINAL
Dogs In Space 1,983
BigChiefManBoobs 2,038

2ND PRELIM. FINAL
K9-54 1,888
Bulldog Pride 1,892
GRAND FINAL
BigChiefManBoobs 1,763
Bulldog Pride 1,745

Aquamarinejewel said:
I am interested, although I don't know the rules...is there an instruction sheet or rules available or could one of you nice people explain it to me? :eek:

Have a look on the AFL website. Click the NutriGrain symbol at the bottom of the page. I've pretty much covered it with the original post but they do expand on it a bit more on the site.
The key is to select players that get high stats. There is a scoring system detailed on the website.

OldSchool said:
Have a look on the AFL website. Click the NutriGrain symbol at the bottom of the page. I've pretty much covered it with the original post but they do expand on it a bit more on the site.
The key is to select players that get high stats. There is a scoring system detailed on the website.

Thanks OS, I will do that. :)

Aquamarinejewel said:
I am interested, although I don't know the rules...is there an instruction sheet or rules available or could one of you nice people explain it to me? :eek:

pretty easy, you pick players, they score points depending on how good they are each week and if your total beats the total from another players team then you win. You play everyone twice or however the roster is organised and then you can have some finals as well.

Only trick is getting the right players that score well, and hope they don't get injured.

ExMrBlonde said:
2ND PRELIM. FINAL
K9-54 1,888
Bulldog Pride 1,892
The pain of "unfinished business" has driven my hard pre-season of statistical review and continual backtesting of new strategies against historical data.

Well, not quite. I'll probably desperately try to pick a few players in the last few hours before the first game while the server's struggling to cope with the other 100000 people doing the same thing.

I'm in again if there's still spots.

Yeah, it will be great to try and go one step better this season. I couldn't get on the 'net for the final round last season to change my side (after work I went straight to my old man's and only had about 20 minutes to get ready to head off to the footy). I then called my mate and gave him my details so he could change my side and the changes I wanted. The only thing he forgot to change was my captain, which was stuck on Matthew Richardson. I wanted Brad Johnson, though. Richo has a shocker on Scarlett, while Johnno was huge against the Pies. I would have beaten BCMB by about 150 or so too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back