Bumped Big swap in the wind (Menzel for Dangerfield)

Remove this Banner Ad

Menzel would only be a sweetener surely, his had a few good games and coming off a knee reco. I like the looks of him but his going to be packaged up with your compo pick. And the talks of Mackie good player but crows don't need a 3rd tall defender at all. There are talks of 4 clubs interested so far and if one of them is Melbourne they'll have some good picks after they finish tanking again. I so hope Danger just signs on with the crows but if not crows have to get good deal not just Menzel cats are huge winners in that. Menzel will take another year to get back to his best like most acl victems.

Geez, I'd be pretty disappointed to swap Menzel for Dangerfield. I know this board has a lot of love for Dangerfield (and yeah, he goes alright) but Menzel has a lot of upside. Already proven he is a natural forward with good hands, great set-shot and a few tricks in the kit bag.

He can also play defense (as he did a few times last year and at the U/18 Champs the year he was drafted) and there is no doubt once his endurance is built up he can go into the midfield.

Those guys are hard to come across.

Put it another way - if you had to choose between James Kelly and Steve Johnson who would you go for? With no disrespect to Kelly but it would be Johnson for mine.

I see the Dangerfield-Menzel discussion like that.

Besides, it may be easier to pry Travis Boak out of Port Adelaide than Paddy Dangerfield out of Adelaide considering the way the two sides going.

I can see where you are coming from BUT..

I think where we are going to fall down as a team over the next few years is the lack of midfield grunt - those in and under extractors to help Selwood. With Ling gone and Corey set to hang up the boots this must be our first priority whether it be through the draft or via the trade table. The beauty of Dangerfield is that he gets the hard ball but also has a pretty good outside game to boot. He is only going to get better - we are seeing signs this year what the kid is capable of - you would expect that consistency in these performances would follow.

I see Boak as more an outside type. He is a good young kid but he is more the the dime a dozen type mid that you have referred to. I wouldn't go hard for him at all.

Personally I'd trade Menzel plus first round pick for Dangerfield. I'd shy away from using the Ablett priority pick instead of the first rounder.

I wont part with any senior player for Danger (not counting Hogan and those types in there) but Id gladly let our first rounder and the compo pick for him.
Menz?! F no!
Bundy?!
See above.

Neither side want it enough and wants to give up nothing. No trade will ever happen.

...Except maybe Menzel for Richard Douglas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:mad: jesus!

now Bundy is in the mix.....no way could we let this boy go :(

Would rather the club forget about Dangerfield and perhaps look at using the comp pick to draft a gun mid and see how we go with the likes of Hogan, Stringer or Schroder for a few years because Bundy has everything to become an elite midfielder by the next couple of seasons

At the risk of sounding closed-minded, Bundy won't go. We've all seen/heard his statements in the past, he loves the club too much and is very happy where he is.

If Adelaide finish top 4, or even top 6, why would Dangerfield want to leave when they are potentially on the cusp of something special? Not only that, but something special that he is going to have a bit part in?

So Menzel has signed and wants to be a 'Cat For Life'

Dude on that board has had some pretty good info re - Bomber leaving to go to Bummerland

Also states Sando wants Bundy for Danger if anything.

No thanks.

1st Rounder for Danger or GTFO

The sooner Menzel or Dangerfield signs on with their respective club the better as far as I am concerned.

Reckon there's very little prospect of him leaving the Crows. Sando doesn't seem too concerned judging by his comments today either. But there was a rumour floated tonight that the Blues are heavily into him. Apparently he was a keen Blues supporter. Maybe another Visy ambassadorial post in the offing as a sweetener.;)

End of Thread....

Now for the muckrakers to start the Danger for Bundy thread... :mad:

Let it go...

Go Catters

It seems your administration again shows it knows it's stuff.
The kid is too good to be traded. I think that will become even more obvious in a year or two. I can understand the interest in Dangerfield, but just not at the expense of Menzel.

The sooner Menzel or Dangerfield signs on with their respective club the better as far as I am concerned.

My prayer has been heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back