Big Local Footy Shake-up

Remove this Banner Ad

So the restructure is on "hold", that's great news for the rich clubs like Geelong Amatuers, St Marys, Torquay etc, as they can continue to spend BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on ex AFL and VFL hacks, deny young local talent a go in there own footy league's, and buy premierships. I wonder which clubs AFL Barwon bowed down to?? They were adamant that this was going to happen, Mr Hartman you have a lot to answer for now.

Does anyone know if players have to declare match payments for taxation purposes?

Does anyone know if players have to declare match payments for taxation purposes?
I believe the answer is yes. Once they sign a contract they become an employee of that club for the duration of the contract. But the problem with salary caps etc. is not the amount the player and club agree on, its the amounts that aren't declared and are paid in other ways. Eg a player can sign a $100 a game contact, then get cars, rent paid, petrol cards, etc etc. or payment in kind. That's where its hard to control, and the richer the club the more they can give "under the counter"

So it looks like Portarlington and Newcomb will be joining the gdfl in 2019 barring a miracle, I am personally looking forward to it as both leagues are getting to predictable and need it, anyone seeing anything else potentially happening?

Just trying to get my head around this Geelong footy set up. New (3 yrs) to the area but it seems things are really out of alignment. Local club, East Geelong unable to get enough players to field a stand alone U13’s team whilst St Mary’s 500 mts away field 3? Surely AFL Barwon should restrict these power house clubs fielding multiple teams until East and Thompson can field at least 1?? What’s the story? Ammos have 5?? If they want clubs to grow and prosper surely they say field 2 and once East and Thompson field 1 each you can have your third? Too many clubs in a small radius. Love to hear some thoughts on this. Maybe AFL Barwon want all juniors at Mary’s?? I don’t understand

So it looks like Portarlington and Newcomb will be joining the gdfl in 2019 barring a miracle, I am personally looking forward to it as both leagues are getting to predictable and need it, anyone seeing anything else potentially happening?

history has proven otherwise but they still may be better off there nonetheless ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back