BHP Any one game to pull the trigger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a 14 handle and huge exhaustion volume today, dip your toes in if you want, btw I don't hold shares in bhp.

Solely on the back of the increase in oil
prices. If they go back down it'll revert. It's a funny one because decreased oil prices SHOULD be stimulating an economy, not harming it.

Usually yeah, but the sub- $30 p/b figures indicate a slowing global economy, dampening investor confidence.

According to a JPMorgan spokesperson, $60 per barrel is the ideal price.

China's slowdown could cause trouble all over, yeah. Also, low world-trade growth, problems with the EU, poor commodity prices, oil tumbling (petrol forecast to go -1.00 which is just awful for your Super if you're not ant-fossil), struggling EM's, etc.

It just doesn't look good in my opinion. What would I know though, I'm a 21 y/o student.

Not a bad call though

I sense 2016 could deliver anything but I'm a believer in the Asian story which is much bigger than China alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, what does the short to medium term future hold for BHP?

Posted a $7.8b half year loss today. Shares closed at $17.43, up from a year low of $14.20 in January.

Dividend cut to 22c per share, around a 70% reduction.

It seems to me they're a real piggyback share. Buy them in boom, sell them any other time. If the world economy starts surging and therefore oil prices do too then bhp will surge, that's how it seems to me. For now id wait

Curious, what's that actually mean?

buy the warrant rather than the head stock

the head stock trades at say $16.50, then the warrant usually trades at $6.50. The catch is, you have to come up with the extra $10 in say 2022 (depending on the warrant) if you are still holding.

The advantage is a $1 movement equates to 15% rather than 6.5% (up or down).

Most stocks offer this alternative

the head stock trades at say $16.50, then the warrant usually trades at $6.50. The catch is, you have to come up with the extra $10 in say 2022 (depending on the warrant) if you are still holding.

Wouldn't levarageing produce the same result?

Thanks for taking the time.

I've just started to buy stock. I guess the risk is, if the stock tanks, I was able to buy a larger amount of the stock because of the lower price - and I still have to pay back all of the extra later on.

Is that right?

Wouldn't levarageing produce the same result?

a leveraged product will do the same but the leveraged product usually comes with an interest cost, margin calls and likely to have recourse where the warrant has none of these elements

Who owns the stock?

from a practical purpose, the owner of the warrant as the rights and benefits transfer. the counter party could be MQ, Citi etc depending on the warrant and deliver the shares on the expiry of the warrant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back