Rumour Bevo to stand down or be sacked soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton has had a very good year. Playing a much higher and different role this year and still 8th in the coleman.

Lobb has been in excellent form in the VFL. He’s just incredibly unlucky we have Darcy on the list.
Excellent form in the VFL doesn’t count - but it does mean Darcy’s not a weak link.

Can’t help wondering, if all your guys are playing so well - why aren’t you winning more?

Excellent form in the VFL doesn’t count - but it does mean Darcy’s not a weak link.

Can’t help wondering, if all your guys are playing so well - why aren’t you winning more?
I never said that. I commented on a couple of names you mentioned that I disagreed with.

OK, I’ve deleted my incorrect ramblings on Treloar.

So how many Dogs players do YOU think are performing below expectations or their previous standard?

I would say Naughton, Daniel, Bailey-Smith, Lobb - just from what I’ve seen. This makes their list sub-optimal.
Yeah that seems fair to my admittedly narrow pov, and is it fair to say JUH has a weird development air? Plainly a star but doesn't always star.

Footscray seem to have all the pieces, and the coach has done well in the past but it ain't happening now.

Sides have weird dips. Only Geelong keep bobbing up repeatedly (bloody Scott csn coach, no doubt, and has decent off fiekd sipport). Is it because the Dogs lack off field support, like say North?

As for being a contrarian, I'm only knocking silly statements like "Treloar was and is selfish and a downhill skier". That's plainly wrong.
Appreciate you acknowledging I wrote nothing of the sort.

You attributed this to me twice in this discussion - I never said it.

So how many Dogs players do YOU think are performing below expectations or their previous standard?

I would say Naughton, Daniel, Bailey-Smith, Lobb - just from what I’ve seen. This makes their list sub-optimal.
Oh yes Bailey Smith and his zero games this year after doing a pre season ACL is performing horribly

Smith hasn't played, Lobb is shit, Naughton is playing well (goals and assists), Daniel has barely had a game due to the coach.

The side is being coached differently this year with a greater emphasis on speed. Most of our guys with pace are below average players unfortunately.

In terms of underperforming I'd say Bont is down, JUH is down and some of the coaches decisions regarding team selection have been very ordinary. Our defence is bottom 4 quality even at it's best.

Beyond all that sometimes the team just doesn't handle pressure. The Essendon game and the Hawthorn game showed it best.

The side is wildly inconsistent with it's effort too

Smith hasn't played, Lobb is s**t, Naughton is playing well (goals and assists), Daniel has barely had a game due to the coach.

The side is being coached differently this year with a greater emphasis on speed. Most of our guys with pace are below average players unfortunately.

In terms of underperforming I'd say Bont is down, JUH is down and some of the coaches decisions regarding team selection have been very ordinary. Our defence is bottom 4 quality even at it's best.

Beyond all that sometimes the team just doesn't handle pressure. The Essendon game and the Hawthorn game showed it best.

The side is wildly inconsistent with it's effort too
List strength is about Form, Injury and Selection - you can underperform by not being on the ground.

I think the Dogs aren't too dissimilar to 09/10 Saints and early-mid 90's Geelong.

Rock solid top end talent in their best 5-6 players.

Good core of half a dozen B to B+ graders

Terrible bottom 4-6 in their best 22 who would struggle to get games elsewhere.

The guy can coach and wont be lost to football if he does leave. Wouldn't be surpised if they knock us off tomorrow and go on a roll over the next two months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back