Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Remove this Banner Ad

A cautionary tale to anybody who uses betfair for trading/arb....

I have been using it for 10 years and got absolutely done last night.
I was placing bets with 'keep' status hoping to get matched in-play (horse races).

From what I understand to be an "operational error" from Betfair, they failed to put the market into play. This voids any bets that are not matched at the "off time".

So bye bye $200 and have been told it's in their T&C:

https://www.betfair.com/www/GBR/en/aboutUs/Rules.and.Regulations/#undefined.do Section 1.1:

For horseracing and greyhound racing, if a market is not scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair fails to suspend the market at the relevant time, then all bets matched after the official 'off' time will be void.

nothing is risk free - be the above, internet outage, power outage, an extra 0 in your betslip....
That sucks. Sometimes I've sent some strongly worded emails to betfair customer support and got refunds

Did they just void your bet so you lost $200 in winnings? Or did you lose your stake?
It was a trade.

My $200 bet at another bookmaker was taken and lost.

My Betfair lay bet was voided.

So technically the money was lost at the other bookie and the profits were not realised at Betfair

what kind of scenarios did you experience?
I can't remember exactly but i think I put a bet on that didn't show up on the page and then I put a 2nd lay bet on because I believed the first one didn't go on, so I double hedged and I complained and they gave me like $100 credit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still works, if you're not getting it then clear cache/data on app and try again. Used to have a similar issue.
Sorry to be a pain, but could you tell me more, I cant seem to make it work, first time using the app. I get the link to load up and it shows the bet, then one second later it says bet is closed

Anyone had issues with surge, noisy or rivalry?
Are they the same owners/can I sign up all at the same time?
Are they quick to ban? Can I hit the 2/3rds or better to wait for deposit bonus offers?

Are they quick to ban? Can I hit the 2/3rds or better to wait for deposit bonus offers?
surge and noisy are the same. not sure about rivalry

multiple reports you will be banned on sign-up

happened to me, happened to others

Ban quick as but are fine until that point

Quick with WEBETNET on NBA and a few other bookies. They got massive wrong prices as they are pricing off series price LOL

$10 dollars on pelican at home. Should be $1.90 at best

Suns $4 dollars at home. Should be $1.42

Pacers $1.63. Should be $1.37

If you bet small enough, they shouldn't see it.

Quick with WEBETNET on NBA and a few other bookies. They got massive wrong prices as they are pricing off series price LOL

$10 dollars on pelican at home. Should be $1.90 at best

Suns $4 dollars at home. Should be $1.42

Pacers $1.63. Should be $1.37

If you bet small enough, they shouldn't see it.
still avaliable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back