Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Drew Sharp? kid on the bike was almost the worst for me in a way, even though we didn't know him at all. It was just so random, cold blooded and to a totally innocent child. And it follows immediately after the characters/viewer's big high from pulling off the heist to then leaving you with something shocking. Brilliant TV.

Also follows on to show how evil Walt had become later. After telling Jessie how supposedly upset he is over the death moments later he's whistling some showtune..

Not too many times in movies or other shows I’ve felt such a sense of dread as when Jack and his crew turn up in the desert and you know Hank is in big trouble.

I thought BCS surpassed BB and it did in many ways especially in technical aspects ..more beautifully shot scenes etc. But you look back at BB and there’s so many iconic TV moments especially a lot of the deaths. Both shows easily in my top five all time

Not too many times in movies or other shows I’ve felt such a sense of dread as when Jack and his crew turn up in the desert and you know Hank is in big trouble.

I thought BCS surpassed BB and it did in many ways especially in technical aspects ..more beautifully shot scenes etc. But you look back at BB and there’s so many iconic TV moments especially a lot of the deaths. Both shows easily in my top five all time
1671483134128.gif

See I really didn't find Hank a likeable character at all, whereas I loved every moment when Howard was on screen.
The beauty of Howard is he did seem like a bit of an arse early, you even enjoy Jimmy messing with him at first, but slowly you realise Jimmy's and Kim are being the assholes here.

The beauty of Howard is he did seem like a bit of an arse early, you even enjoy Jimmy messing with him at first, but slowly you realise Jimmy's and Kim are being the assholes here.
Not to mention Chuck. Used Howard as his shield coz he didn't wanna be straight with Jimmy and tell him he didn't want him at his firm.

Howard isn't a great guy, he is a bit of a 'jerk' as Jimmy called him but he was hardly a 'bad' person either. In other words not perfect like most real humans. It's great having shows where antagonists and protagonists aren't either always one or the other.

Howard isn't a great guy, he is a bit of a 'jerk' as Jimmy called him but he was hardly a 'bad' person either. In other words not perfect like most real humans. It's great having shows where antagonists and protagonists aren't either always one or the other.
Exactly, you have reasons to dislike him at first, but then you realise they are just very human flaws and he's trying his best as most people are (obviously how he's presented on screen changes a bit). So Jimmy's actions seem cruel by the end.

Hank’s journey is the inverse of Walt’s.

Even if you didn’t care for him at the start he’s the man by the end of it.
Isn’t he still a massive prick to his wife and a cowboy cop at the end?

It’s been 10 years since I’ve seen it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t he still a massive prick to his wife and a cowboy cop at the end?

It’s been 10 years since I’ve seen it.
From memory for the most part when he's being a dick to Marie he's suffering from PTSD and recovering from the shooting, in general it's still pretty obvious how much he loves her. She's not pefect either, her condition would have been frustrating to deal with as well and he seemed understanding.

Hank’s journey is the inverse of Walt’s.

Even if you didn’t care for him at the start he’s the man by the end of it.
I've said it loads of times but I would also find Walt a bit of a knob the way he acts even before breaking bad to become one of the most evil characters ever.

Was reading the first few pages of this thread, was funny reading early predictions and negativity towards the show. Then as more information came out the optimism grew and now a lot of people saying it's on par or even better than bb. I actually came late to the party (with both shows) so I already knew what to expect.

Was reading the first few pages of this thread, was funny reading early predictions and negativity towards the show. Then as more information came out the optimism grew and now a lot of people saying it's on par or even better than bb. I actually came late to the party (with both shows) so I already knew what to expect.

Wasn’t there plans/rumours that it would be a much more light hearted half hour show?

For me, I personally felt Better Call Saul ended on much happier terms for me invested in both sets of characters from the BB universe (I honestly feared Kim was going to be killed off)

I am glad that unlike Walt, Jimmy's soul was saved and he never fully embraced his darkness, and he ended up confessing his sins (even out of life for his soul mate Kim) and prepared to do significant jail time. Walt had no such consideration for his wife or family (although to be fair, Skylar was a cold hearted/Lady Macbeth type, and Walt Jnr/Flynn was an ungrateful prat)

Better Call Saul also shown Mike to be much more well rounded and human figure than what we saw in Breaking Bad.

Gus Fring will ever be one the most memorable and quietly terrifying villains in small screen history.

Looking forward to Vince Gilligan's next major TV project stating the sexy and fabulous Rhea Seehorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back