Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

if you tossed up schools from each state, theyd have to be from victoria (in no particular order at all) anyway:

- Haileybury College
- Ballarat and Clarendon College
- Scotch College
- Melbourne Grammar
- Assumption College Kilmore
- St Bernards College
- St Patricks Colege
- Essendon/ Keilor Grammar (Only school in vic to have a Football VET Subject)

johnson_26 said:
if you tossed up schools from each state, theyd have to be from victoria (in no particular order at all) anyway:

- Haileybury College
- Scotch College
- Melbourne Grammar
- St Bernards College
- St Patricks Colege

I cant believe that Ballarat and Clarendon College are even getten a mention in top footy schools in Victoria, there not even in the same league as Haileybury or St Pats, if Clarendon were to put there best team on the park an Haileybury or St Pats did the same they, Ballarat Clarendon College would get absolutely smashed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
if thatw as the case choobhead, then why on the earth did:
1. BCC win the CHISSA/ BSSSA First XV football championship in 2005- in the same competition as st pats
2. Come runner up in the past 2 years MCC Herlad Sun Country Shield
3. Whoop St. Pats' ass in the previous 2005 CHISSA/BSSSA premiership season???

BCC= betetr than ST Pats atm

johnson_26 said:
if thatw as the case choobhead, then why on the earth did:
1. BCC win the CHISSA/ BSSSA First XV football championship in 2005- in the same competition as st pats
2. Come runner up in the past 2 years MCC Herlad Sun Country Shield
3. Whoop St. Pats' ass in the previous 2005 CHISSA/BSSSA premiership season???

BCC= betetr than ST Pats atm

Will Spider Moloney be involved with the footy at BCC when he returns to school in '06?

johnson_26 said:

- Haileybury College
- Scotch College
- Melbourne Grammar
- St Bernards College
- St Patricks Colege

lost 3 of their last 4 exhanges to Sacred Heart... would probably mean that Sacred Heart would have to be up there... not bad for a middle class private school

i left the skool to go to skool in melbourne in 04 so i dunno wats been going on since then, but i have been following its progress. As far as i know, according to when i was at the skool spider doesnt have a huge involvement with the senior footy. he handles the middle school footy team and has so before he went to europe for a year.

for some of u who cannot read; firstly i said this was a victorian skool list, not comparing it to s.a skools or others in the country, i just raised a few skools who are very very good in VICTORIA.

Secondly, i said in no particular order. So that doesnt mean whoever i put first isnt the best ranked skool, read wat i posted please.

However, BCC is better than St Pats, ill say that much.

I'll say this for a fact, St Pats never had anything resembling their best 22 agaisnt BCC, prefering to rest their better TAC players so they could concentrate on Herald sun matches and their Tac footy, rather than overburden them by playing BAS games.

- Haileybury College
- Scotch College
- Melbourne Grammar
- St Bernards College
- St Patricks Colege
- Essendon/ Keilor Grammar (Only school in vic to have a Football VET Subject)[/QUOTE]

its actually called Essendon Keilor College. it has a football program in conjunction with Calder Cannons and Western Jets. they have had a few draftees in recent years, most noticeably Brock McLean, Andrew Welsh, Brent Reilly, Brad Murphy, Ryan Crowley.

i know this because its the HS i went to

thanx **** head. One im not agreeing with u, and two, lets crucify my for sayign grammar instead of college. one word, big ********ing whoop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ease up i wasnt doing it in a mean way, just that there is another school called Essendon Grammar and people might have got mixed up. crucify!!! jeez give it a rest.

whilst an interesting question i don't think it can be answered. Its just impossible to compare, as Australia isn't really like the us where people go to school to play sport, haileybury is an exception as they have bought more players than ever, but still they don't produce that many afl players.

Are we talking about at the moment? or the school's history?
If it's the latter I don't think any school could compare to Xavier College, has had over 100 AFL/VFL play for them. However at the moment it would either be IMO Haileybury or Sacred Heart.

Catholic College Sale (formerly St Pat's Sale)has won it's fair share of Herald Shield country division titles of recent times.Wouldn't stack up against the larger schools already mentioned e.g (Assumption ,St Bernards,Xavior etc) but would probably be close to being the best of the rest.Has a long history over many years of producing AFL/VFL footballers.The last few years the school has produced Mark Stevens ,Stuart Anderson ,Tristan Lynch,Ben Robbins ,Dylan McClaren ,Jacob Schuback and recently Scott Pendlbury #5 in the 2005 draft.

Johnson_26, there is no way you can compare BCC with St pats. BCC came runner up in the country cup 2 years in a row.... yay!, st pats had a crack at the big one this year and proved themselves as the best. The St Pats side of 2005 was meant to be a stepping stone for the 2006 team, they achieved alot higher than some lousy stepping stone, what they achieved and proved was that they are the top and im looking forward to seeing back-to-back flags in the herald sun shield for the ballarat lads... that will make it BCC 2 runners up in 2 years-St Pats 2 years of premiership glory, speak to you in about 8 months time when you've changed ur mind

plus they would be up there with hailebury in spending loads of cash to pull a decent footy team together..... true?

How can you compare school footy teams to find the best one?

Impossible, unless their was a national carnival for all the best schools. Then maybe that would help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back