Vic Best and worst areas of Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to get all the best and worst.

But imo places like Surrey Hills, Camberwell, Templestowe, Warrandyte, Park Orchards are good!...Even Croydon has it's nice parts..

While Sunshine and etc are quite dodgy :p

Ive lived in the western suburbs my whole life and places like Williamstown and Altona arent bad but Laverton, Scumshine and Footscray are absolute holes.

Best: Templestowe and Ivanhoe are nice, but I'm biased but I'd have to say Eltham would be up there.

Worst: Sunshine, Noble Park, Doreen, St Albans.

Best: Templestowe and Ivanhoe are nice, but I'm biased but I'd have to say Eltham would be up there.

Whats wrong with Doreen? Isn't it mainly big properties and big houses?

Best IMO : Sandringham, Mentone, Brighton, Kew.
Worst : Gonna have to agree with Sunshine.

Whats wrong with Doreen? Isn't it mainly big properties and big houses?

Best IMO : Sandringham, Mentone, Brighton, Kew.
Worst : Gonna have to agree with Sunshine.
There's nothing wrong with the houses, it's just a depressingly cheapass place thats miles from anywhere.

I've lived in St Albans, Moonee Ponds and Sunshine (Albion) in Melbourne. Maybe it's because I've grown up in Northen Ireland and lived in some pretty dodgy areas of Belfast but I never found them that bad. The junkies are a curse, obviously. I had one try to break in in St Albans and had a pram and bikes stolen in Moonee Ponds. The only time I was really worried was on public transport or in the area around train stations. Central Sunshine can a be a bit scary but I tend to get on well with the nutters.

To expand on my list of best and worst, I took into account the suburb's railway station, if applicable, the shops surrounding the station and overall atmosphere as key indicators of its level of safety.

I work in Noble Park and the suburb overall is very quiet, and with the exception of the Dandy Road dragstrip on Fri/Sat nights, you can hear a pin drop. But venture into Noble Park station and it's an open crack den wasteland, and then some, and that's only during the day. Often times at night, it's not unusual to see at least 10 cops littered all over the station just to keep things in check.

All these places you guys are listing as the worst places in Melbourne I actually consider to be some of the best. You've got a massive cross section of society, a cultural melting pot and fun times. At the age I'm at, I don't want to live in a suburb full of snotty nosed w***ers who think because they have to wear a suit to their shitty government job that they are better than everyone else. That said, if I had a family I'd be looking to live in one of the 'better' suburbs.

All these places you guys are listing as the worst places in Melbourne I actually consider to be some of the best. You've got a massive cross section of society, a cultural melting pot and fun times. At the age I'm at, I don't want to live in a suburb full of snotty nosed w***ers who think because they have to wear a suit to their shitty government job that they are better than everyone else. That said, if I had a family I'd be looking to live in one of the 'better' suburbs.

So you hate people on benefits, hate people that wear suits to their 'shitty' jobs, what do you do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst: Footscray, Springvale, Noble Park, Sunshine, Spotswood, CBD

Best: Toorak, South Yarra, Brighton, Kew, Canterbury
Worst: Scumshine, Chernobyl Park, Melton, St Albans

worst: dandenong, noble park, hallam

worst: doveton, st albans, noble park, melton, norlane, werribee, hampton park

To expand on my list of best and worst, I took into account the suburb's railway station, if applicable, the shops surrounding the station and overall atmosphere as key indicators of its level of safety.

I work in Noble Park and the suburb overall is very quiet, and with the exception of the Dandy Road dragstrip on Fri/Sat nights, you can hear a pin drop. But venture into Noble Park station and it's an open crack den wasteland, and then some, and that's only during the day. Often times at night, it's not unusual to see at least 10 cops littered all over the station just to keep things in check.

pack of pussies, i grew up in noble park and lived there for 20 years, went to school in dandenong (and went to all the nightclubs, if you could survive in a dandenong, springvale nightclub then king st is a tea party) and did plenty of sports in springvale. i still feel safe walking around these suburbs. i taught nightschool at the tafe in noble park for a couple of years and never had my car broken into, had to chase a ****en sudanese hood from the carpark for loitering though. the station at night is the only place i'd regard as unsafe (aren't most stations at night). i lived in sandringham and hampton for 6 years and had my car broken into 4 times, i now live in mornington/mt martha and have had more trouble with ****wits having latenight parties and my car getting smashed into than i ever had at noble park. frankston, now there is a shithole.
don't jump on board the bandwagon with all the other sheep that bag a place just because they do, a lot of good people still live in these areas, hardworking people that are just as annoyed that their suburb gets targeted with a bad name because of the acts of a few stupid people. i hear that st albans and sunshine are shitholes, but because i dont spend a lot of time there i'll reserve my judgement.

^ You would be referring to Frankston North yeah?

nah, legitimately mt martha is where i live but frankston in general has opened my eyes.
i used to manage a business in the bayside shopping centre and the amount of drug related shoplifts was unbelievable, we used to run after them and i actually had 2 blokes plead with me to give them a hiding and let them go rather than call the cops because they breached parole. tempting!

pack of pussies, i grew up in noble park and lived there for 20 years, went to school in dandenong (and went to all the nightclubs, if you could survive in a dandenong, springvale nightclub then king st is a tea party) and did plenty of sports in springvale. i still feel safe walking around these suburbs. i taught nightschool at the tafe in noble park for a couple of years and never had my car broken into, had to chase a ****en sudanese hood from the carpark for loitering though. the station at night is the only place i'd regard as unsafe (aren't most stations at night). i lived in sandringham and hampton for 6 years and had my car broken into 4 times, i now live in mornington/mt martha and have had more trouble with ****wits having latenight parties and my car getting smashed into than i ever had at noble park. frankston, now there is a shithole.
don't jump on board the bandwagon with all the other sheep that bag a place just because they do, a lot of good people still live in these areas, hardworking people that are just as annoyed that their suburb gets targeted with a bad name because of the acts of a few stupid people. i hear that st albans and sunshine are shitholes, but because i dont spend a lot of time there i'll reserve my judgement.

So you're basically concurring with my last post then?

So you're basically concurring with my last post then?

um, yeah upon re-reading. i think the current influx of african immigrants is no different to what happened in the mid 80's when the vietnamese populated a lot of springvale/noble park. the difference these days is they appear more violent and have less of a regard for human life

um, yeah upon re-reading. i think the current influx of african immigrants is no different to what happened in the mid 80's when the vietnamese populated a lot of springvale/noble park. the difference these days is they appear more violent and have less of a regard for human life

And Australians are naturally racist. These people have come from shit, and have lived in filth. We can't give them a second chance and a bit of understanding though, because they're black and automatically dangerous. You know how it is.

And Australians are naturally racist. These people have come from shit, and have lived in filth. We can't give them a second chance and a bit of understanding though, because they're black and automatically dangerous. You know how it is.

dont know if it's racism, noble park is a pretty big melting pot these days, i agree that's it's where they come from, they've probably seen some pretty ordinary things in their homeland and may be more desensitised to the violence than previous immigrants. having said that, obviously it's a minority that commit these acts but the whole community is tarred with the same brush

Funny you should say that. I live there and havent had a single problem. St. Albans ain't that bad besides the occasional dodgy Asian who stares at you.

The worst would have to be Footscray and Sunshine. Its almost impossible to walk the streets of Footscray without seeing a crackhead.

Footscray and Sunshine are bad as well, particularly Footscray (i think Sunshine is not as bad as it used to be and as people think it is if you ignore the mounted police who patrol the station some nights :D). Footscray agreed, huge drug presence.

To be fair, I havent been to StAlbans for many years. I used to go out with this girl who used to work at an office that was on the corner of St Albans Rd and Main Rd East (or West :confused:). Anyway, I'd meet up with her for lunch every now and again and every time I went to her office there'd be a set of legs sticking out from underneath these bushes outside her work. She would casually inform me it was just anothe junkie who has OD. at 12pm.

I once also saw these 2 asian blokes chasing another asian bloke. With machetes. In broad daylight. I think the bloke ran into the one of the banks and i sort of lost track of how it all panned out :eek:

There was a bistro we'd go to lunch and it was always nice to know there were random strangers outside making sure the car doors were locked :D

LOL :D
Dont think too mant public servants think they're better than everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back