List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you guys are missing what Xenthor is saying. Basically what we all know - the only way Grant is getting a game is if one of our other medium/small/mobile forwards gets dropped (like Martin), which isn't going to happen.

i.e. Grant is saying in the NEAFL as depth for the foreseeable future
Thank god for this Experimental, all you other blokes were having heart attacks thinking I was calling for Martin to get dropped. All I was saying was that he and Martin are the same kind of players and if Grant wanted a game it would probably be by !artin losing form or getting injured.
Just so you get the message not saying Martin is **** just making a point :)

Yeah I thought he might have been injured but wasn't sure. If he was to take anyone's place in the 22 Martin would probably be the most like for like swap but the way he has been playing this year I doubt he is getting dropped anytime soon.

I'd say his biggest competitors are Davis and Clay Cameron, since he is competing for the mid-sized forward spot. Through all of the NAB Challenge the three were competing for the one spot, but Rocket found out a way to fit both Davis and Cameron in. Ryan Davis is going well so far as a crash and bash forward and can provide a lot of impact with only a few touches a game. Clay Cameron is mostly a role player, providing a marking option at half-forward and on a wing, and swinging back to defense from time to time. I don't Jarrad Grant can play either of those roles. I always thought he played best as an outside midfielder, but the coaching staff seem comitted to playing him as a mid-sized forward.

So yeah, that's how that's going. If Cameron can't keep his form up Grant could take his place, albeit in a more traditional forward role. I hope that answers your question.

There's a whole heap of feel good stories at the moment. Thought Cameron was going to get delisted for sure.

So hard to tell mate. You just don't know who is gonna become an Aaron Hall. Even Steven May was not much chop until we threw him in the back line one day haha.

The 'genius' move to play him forward.

Most Suns fans on here have been screaming at the club to play him forward for years! While you can't deny he can now switch as needed (like he did last weekend), the kid is a natural forward. As he plays there more and gets confidence in the area he could really blossom. The next step for Clay is to become a link man and really start working up and down the ground.

With the introduction of Davis and now Cameron, Grant is definitely going to find it harder to get a gig. He was recruited to play that one position.

The 'genius' move to play him forward.

Most Suns fans on here have been screaming at the club to play him forward for years! While you can't deny he can now switch as needed (like he did last weekend), the kid is a natural forward. As he plays there more and gets confidence in the area he could really blossom. The next step for Clay is to become a link man and really start working up and down the ground.

With the introduction of Davis and now Cameron, Grant is definitely going to find it harder to get a gig. He was recruited to play that one position.

Good to have depth in that position with 80 games and 26 years under his belt. Not the sort of position you can just chuck a kid in to and expect him to perform. Also, keeps Clay on his toes.

Clay is quite unique. I wonder where his ceiling is though.
I think there's a lot of improvement left in Clay. He was extremely highly rated as a junior footballer and athlete but injuries and illness mean we haven't seen anywhere near his best. Was apparently dominant as a kid playing against men in the QAFL from those I know who saw him play. From that article getting his head right and confidence up are important for us. That versatility to play multiple positions is also a huge plus for us.

According to a good friend of Clay, who I've known since I was a kid, Clay was on the verge of being delisted at the end of last year but it was Rocket who saved him and signed him to a year long contract. Rocket sees big things in Clay, which is probably why none of us were expecting him to be picked for round 1 this year, but he's getting better by the game.

He's a unique player who needs game time to improve his confidence. He's also got the benefit of having been played out of position in defence for the past 2 years meaning he's seen what it takes to be a gun forward and can train himself that way.

According to a good friend of Clay, who I've known since I was a kid, Clay was on the verge of being delisted at the end of last year but it was Rocket who saved him and signed him to a year long contract. Rocket sees big things in Clay, which is probably why none of us were expecting him to be picked for round 1 this year, but he's getting better by the game.

He's a unique player who needs game time to improve his confidence. He's also got the benefit of having been played out of position in defence for the past 2 years meaning he's seen what it takes to be a gun forward and can train himself that way.
One thing Clay has that a few of our other third talls lack is strength, in the contest and he hits hard in tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys. Where is jarryd grant at? Haven't heard much since left the dogs

With the news of Thompsons ankle, who do we think will come in for him, I feel it will be Leslie as Schade is a third tall and I'd Keough gets upgraded he's also a third tall and Brooksby just doesn't seem ready to take on the monster forwards at AFL level.

With the news of Thompsons ankle, who do we think will come in for him, I feel it will be Leslie as Schade is a third tall and I'd Keough gets upgraded he's also a third tall and Brooksby just doesn't seem ready to take on the monster forwards at AFL level.

Leslie seems the more like for like replacement. And it'll be good to reward Leslie for some good form in the twos. Keeping the NEAFL's best forward goalless is quite the task even with the height differential as he averages 4.4 goals a game over his career. Hopefully Leslie can get the job done on Schache.

Just sitting here doing nothing so thought I'd go thru our list and and come up with our best 22 (imo)..... The ones in BOLD type were out injured or suspended for our last game...whilst Prestia and Miller played injured.

Backs Saad Thompson Kolodjashnij
Swallow May McKenzie

Centre Rosa Ablett Sexton

Forwards Miller Lynch Martin
Ah Chee Wright Matera

Foll. Currie O'Meara Prestia

Inter. Rischitelli Hallahan Lonergan McPherson

I wonder if North Melbourne would be 8-0 if their team looked like this....BOLD means they're not available

McMillan Tarrant McDonald
dal Santo Thompson Atley

Gibson Swallow Jacobs

Brown Waite Nahas
Wood Petrie Thomas

Goldstein McKenzie Ziebell

Cunnington Mullett Daw Harvey

Just throwing it out there.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back