Belmont Lions Football Club Players Post Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok no worries. Can someone please post a definite date when it's been set? Cheers

The club has to appoint a new senior coach first, they will be advertising over the next 4 weeks in the paper plus speaking to a few interested people. I would assume they will start training in early November but that will be up to the new coach. We will definitely be more competitive next year with a few good recruits plus all the young lads have a year of senior footy under their belts.
Matt Toohey did a great job in what was a very difficult year, it would have been hard to lose the players we did, and play the kids often copping a big loss but the club is better off for it, how good was it to beat inverleigh by a point ! He can hold his head up high and I hope he is with us next year to play and enjoy his footy.:thumbsu:

in regards to toohey, have heard alot of talk that the president was telling players the night the team beat inverleigh, that toohey wouldn't be coaching next year. This was all done, without him telling toohey. Alot of players aren't very pleased with the president. Does toohey take all the blame for the bad year?

in regards to toohey, have heard alot of talk that the president was telling players the night the team beat inverleigh, that toohey wouldn't be coaching next year. This was all done, without him telling toohey. Alot of players aren't very pleased with the president. Does toohey take all the blame for the bad year?

Well i guess the buck does stop with the coach, but the fact that so many players left the club didnt help things either. I think he probably did a good job just to get a side out on the park and you would need to give him credit for sticking around.

Well i guess the buck does stop with the coach, but the fact that so many players left the club didnt help things either. I think he probably did a good job just to get a side out on the park and you would need to give him credit for sticking around.

Am only speaking from a far, but did hear he got no support from people high up in the club. Was he a scape goat for 2010?? Would have been a hard year and don't know if he was experienced enough to help the kids

When does seniors/ressies pre-season training start?

Danny Rogers (Assistant Senior Coach). I am starting a pre-pre season 6 week training / fitness night to be held at Eastern Beach, commencing this Wednesday 6th October, start 6pm sharp! I welcome you along with your friends, family and partners. Don’t be afraid as it will be a light and enjoyable session to begin with, I encourage you all to come along and participate.
Session will run for 1 hour involving urban training. We will meet at the end of the carpark, at the 1st lot of tables and chairs.
Remember the hardest part of exercise is getting off the couch!!
Look forward in seeing you Wednesday.
Go the Lions in 2011.

Danny Rogers (Assistant Senior Coach). I am starting a pre-pre season 6 week training / fitness night to be held at Eastern Beach, commencing this Wednesday 6th October, start 6pm sharp! I welcome you along with your friends, family and partners. Don’t be afraid as it will be a light and enjoyable session to begin with, I encourage you all to come along and participate.
Session will run for 1 hour involving urban training. We will meet at the end of the carpark, at the 1st lot of tables and chairs.
Remember the hardest part of exercise is getting off the couch!!
Look forward in seeing you Wednesday.
Go the Lions in 2011.
I missed the first session on the 6th because I only just read this now.
Will the next session be this wednesday at 6pm too? Me and a couple mates should be keen. Cheers

I missed the first session on the 6th because I only just read this now.
Will the next session be this wednesday at 6pm too? Me and a couple mates should be keen. Cheers

Benny Cousins, what a pick up! Yes every Wednesday at 6pm, just to get together before the the serious stuff starts. You can ring Danny assistant senior coach for more info.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah hopefully one day geelong but its either going to be st marys or belmont not sure yet

ha ha yeah right kelly, your not going to St Marys, Jesse will see to that.
Are you just after a contract extension and more money? You already get a powerade and hotdog each home game plus the odd potatoe cake, can St Marys match that? I doubt it.....unless they come up with a Kentucky Snack Box offer from their major sponsor your staying put my friend.:):thumbsu:

C'mon KM stay with Belmont who cares what division we play in or if your friend is playing somewhere stay with Belmont the LOYAL club.

Belmont is a great club, but on the otherhand St.Marys could be good development wise. Give you a chance to mix with more players, and learn more things, also having multiple teams is a good way to see how you are going, also being in one of the lesser teams would give you more of a push to play in the A's and improve your game.

It will be a tough decision.

Frothies, just thought I would point out that there(Belmonts U16s) plays against St Marys A's team in div 2 so I think leaving to go there really wont make a difference for kelly magic. Belmonts development program is very good from what i have seen they seem to really take care of all there kids. And they seem to really care for the kids welfare as well as player development. They maybe a smaller club in terms of teams gos. but just because they are smaller then the bigger clubs they make up for it with the way the play for each other on the field it really does show that a smaller club can be just as good as the bigger ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back