Bellend Barrett’s clarko agenda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Clarko was unlikeable to the media, it's going to be worse for Sammy.

There are many out there with an axe to grind already

FWIW, I have heard Barrett say a few times that he is a big fan of Sam Mitchell. I think a lot of the media are. He was always very calculated and rational when it came to his media dealings. Clarko, in contrast, can be more emotional and combative. I think Mitchell (when he eventually gets a senior gig) will be well received. He knows how to play the game.

FWIW, I have heard Barrett say a few times that he is a big fan of Sam Mitchell. I think a lot of the media are. He was always very calculated and rational when it came to his media dealings. Clarko, in contrast, can be more emotional and combative. I think Mitchell (when he eventually gets a senior gig) will be well received. He knows how to play the game.

Media friendly does not equal a good coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett has a rival in an obsession with Hawthorn, its Mitch Cleary, Geelong tragic, openly gleeful when critiquing the Hawks

He just loves an opportunity this bloke. The below is from the AFL website & he's calling for an investigation.

"Hawthorn last week exposed one of its players to a workplace situation which led to him being knocked out. All aspects of that now need to be fully reviewed.

Mitch Lewis suffered an horrific concussion when asked to box, without protective headgear, against teammate Jacob Koschitzke last Monday. I can hear a lot of hardened football industry people ask , "so what"? And I would've too, a few years ago. But, it's 2021. It is not OK in any circumstance for a club-controlled training session to expose players to having their brains rattled. Lewis' was seriously jolted, initially on punch impact, and then again when he fell to the "canvas".

The AFL felt the need to change its own match-day rules just 30 hours before the start of the 2021 season, so panicked had it become at the impending wave of law suits relating to concussion that it introduced a 23rd player, a medical substitute, to team match-day lists.

The review on this matter should extend to all media outlets taking a close look at their own coverage, too. The Lewis situation has even been glorified in some quarters. After the Hawks won their third match of the season with a great team effort against Sydney on Saturday, it was jokingly asked of a Hawk player in a post-match interview who would be Clarko's sacrificial lamb this week, given the "obvious" positive effect that the Lewis incident had on the next match day performance".

Last edited:
He just loves an opportunity this bloke. The below is from the AFL website & he's calling for an investigation.

Hawthorn last week exposed one of its players to a workplace situation which led to him being knocked out. All aspects of that now need to be fully reviewed.

Mitch Lewis suffered an horrific concussion when asked to box, without protective headgear, against teammate Jacob Koschitzke last Monday. I can hear a lot of hardened football industry people ask , "so what"? And I would've too, a few years ago. But, it's 2021. It is not OK in any circumstance for a club-controlled training session to expose players to having their brains rattled. Lewis' was seriously jolted, initially on punch impact, and then again when he fell to the "canvas".

The AFL felt the need to change its own match-day rules just 30 hours before the start of the 2021 season, so panicked had it become at the impending wave of law suits relating to concussion that it introduced a 23rd player, a medical substitute, to team match-day lists.

The review on this matter should extend to all media outlets taking a close look at their own coverage, too. The Lewis situation has even been glorified in some quarters. After the Hawks won their third match of the season with a great team effort against Sydney on Saturday, it was jokingly asked of a Hawk player in a post-match interview who would be Clarko's sacrificial lamb this week, given the "obvious" positive effect that the Lewis incident had on the next match day performance.

Barratt would be right at home as a Megxit commentator. No one at all put that last sentence together but Barratt

I think this is all overblown, but some questions do need to be asked. Boxing without head gear, and the player gets concussed and misses matches.
They box without head gear all the time at training. Its not new

Listening to the AFL daily today was really funny to me and showed how little journo's actually pay attention sometimes.
The JOM/Haywood incident is a non-issue and wasn't graded as anything because JOM didn't make contact to Haywood's head- the head contact came from Haywood and Morris clashing heads in response to the impact (splitting open Morris's face in the process). Using this as a sabre-rattling scenario is beyond stupid and just shows that he hasn't actually watched the footage or done anything more than listen to the reactionary response to the incident from one or two of his faux-journo mates.

The boxing incident I think is more interesting and there is a discussion to be had around player safety, but the session was fully recorded iirc and the AFL investigation will make a finding based off of that. Could turn out that it was a freak incident and a "nothing to see here" type scenario or it could lead to a few changes being made. Either way it doesn't deserve the carry-on from the media until the findings are found.

In view of medical advice regarding concussions in contact sports leading to long term brain impairment it may be wise for the AFL and Clubs to ensure their protocols on boxing training do not leave them exposed to future litigation.
Training which may involve blows to the head appear to problematic.

And boxing should also be banned when training for boxing.
also ban any boxing fitness classes that have sparring, in fact, let’s just ban it all

In view of medical advice regarding concussions in contact sports leading to long term brain impairment it may be wise for the AFL and Clubs to ensure their protocols on boxing training do not leave them exposed to future litigation.
Training which may involve blows to the head appear to problematic.
This should solve the problematic 🙃
bubble.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back