Davey and hind very good today
Guelfi is a rock star
Langers well he’s just supreme
Zachery does captain things
Lav good
Stringer almost took a contender
Second half was fantastic and awesome to see this club finally where it belongs
TOP 4!
I’ll enjoy this moment (3rd) bc it’s not a fluke - it was earned through effort and belief. This team will only get stronger.
Brad has made a huge impact at ess and he and the players should be very proud of the all progress and growth these last 2 years.
Go bombers 🔴⚫

To be frank we’re looking like one of those teams that makes the GF and loses in a landslide coz they’re not ready

I’ll take it!!
Cnoath I'll take it. It would mean we won at least 2 finals. 90% of the Bomberphobe posters on BF main board would have to exercise their little brains to think up a new insult to replace the xxxxdays.

Two things that have changed for me is the level of buy in for the team defence but also guy’s playing different roles and also the increased physicality we have played with as the year has gone on .

We have been a side that has plenty of talent but has lacked badly as far as physicality goes and an ability to play any sort of team defence.
That has been the main reason I have been more 5 or 6 years away and not 2 or 3 .
Who knows where it goes but dare I say it. We look a bit blue collar.

Two things that have changed for me is the level of buy in for the team defence but also guy’s playing different roles and also the increased physicality we have played with as the year has gone on .

We have been a side that has plenty of talent but has lacked badly as far as physicality goes and an ability to play any sort of team defence.
That has been the main reason I have been more 5 or 6 years away and not 2 or 3 .
Mate. It's called The Edge. The Essendon Edge.

Jones, Davey, Cox, Laverde and even Hind (who was better today) all offer something at times but are also players we could look to be upgrading on or at least trying something different.

Selection could be interesting in the next few weeks
Think pleasing is we at least have uninjured replacement options in the 2s.

Hind/roberts, davey/davey, laverde/hayes or Reid, jones/caddy.

Think Cox is doing enough and has more versatility so safe for now. Despite his many flaws still, I'm not sure Cox versatility and running and marking is as easy replaced.

I'd say hobbs more under pressure but have tsatas/shiel as a replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saturday night live snl GIF

GWS applied a fair bit of pressure and Old Essendon would have just melted in the face of it. Now we give it back

Set ourselves for the game after the horror show from last year.
Now is another chance to show we are on the right track and show up again next week and get the win when it's "just another game" and you are probably expected to win.

Goldy has been huge for this football club. Why can't he be 5 years younger!

Durham, Caldwell, Perkins is a combo that could take us a long way.

Hind is depth but when he plays smart football he's a real weapon.

Get Reid, Ridley into this team and it starts getting exciting.

Guelfi huge game, really disciplined and then got the rewards on the scoreboard.

Davey has serious skills with the football. Just need to get him to get it a lot more.

Still frustrating to see the amount of fumbles and dropped marks, but the pressure ... oh my lord!! So there can be no doubt about the effort of our players.

Ridley and Setterfield will add a lot to our team as well.

Also, long term build has some great news as well. A very happy day (after half time)

1715422453088.png

Still frustrating to see the amount of fumbles and dropped marks, but the pressure ... oh my lord!! So there can be no doubt about the effort of our players.

Ridley and Setterfield will add a lot to our team as well.

Also, long term build has some great news as well. A very happy day (after half time)

View attachment 1986261
People will be jizzing everywhere when they see some of the contested marks Caddy took today.

Players buying into position changes/adjustments has been huge.

Still bit worried about reliance on a few if injuries hit but even then at least have options in the 2s.

I think one thing I have been most pleased with is players willing to absorb contact and lock the ball in when needed.

Composure in these situations is making a big difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back