BDAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

BDAFL update on teams competing in what grade next year.
Gosford will have both 1st and 2nd Div sides in the mens as they have no presence left in Sydney, this has been offset though with our first (public) team withdrawal of Lake Mac 2nd Div.

This will leave us with 12 again in 2nd Div (there a few others just holding on), wish Gosford the best and congrats on expanding into 2 mens teams and taking up the challenge of 1st Div.
It also appears that with the Dockers side dropping out this is the end of the 'sunday' game.

Still waiting to see if there are any other teams drop out,the only possible promotion being if Batto step up (might depend on who pulls on the jersey again tho) anyways dam off-season!!!

ah ha, yeah thanks for the clarification noodles. Having yet another division is taking it too far at this point in time.
Shame about Lake Mac yet again but good luck to them, hopefully they can strengthen what they have. Being a one team club will have its advantages and hope to see them on No.1 in Sept.

Nice to see Gosford back but the amount of travel for some teams could lead to a forfeit here and there. If the Cats are stretched, making the trip all the way to Gosford could be put in the too hard basket by some.

From the outside looking in, 2016 doesn't look that different aside from Gosford and the Dockers dropping a team. Singo may have to follow their lead.

City would be really pushed to take a 4th premiership competing with one team clubs all year. For the time the club appears as strong as ever but if they could get a non playing coach with decent credentials they may be able to step up again.

Ever since Harrington left they've done what's been necessary to fill the coaches seat and I don't see this year being any different.

Lake Mac should look to be big improvers in 2016, hell the only way is up after no wins!!! Singo,Wyong and Maitland would of been my pick to at least 'have a look' at their stocks player wise next year. Full credit to Singo for holding on but it was basically the same team for 2 games (proof in there b and f winner). Singleton to push hard in Div 1 and congrats on looking like making an impact in womens footy!!

Looking for Muswellbrook to push hard and make finals (agree they need to bring a game to away games), but dont think Gossy second side would be too much to handle.

City will be there abouts, Terrigal (and my mate studds) got screwed by the dockers this year, Batto IF they keep all there a graders will be there again (need accuracy and discipline) when whips are cracking tho!!

Must be a first, surely! Good on him though, reward for busting his clacker playing two games in a day, and then the League B & F as well!

Yea Pekay, I think it would of been a tough slog, most of the time getting pumelled in the 2nd game! Their leading goal kicker was also in both grades as well as the 2nd div joint winner! The mining downturn smashed the Roosters but they look like they are builing once more!

Yea Pekay, I think it would of been a tough slog, most of the time getting pumelled in the 2nd game! Their leading goal kicker was also in both grades as well as the 2nd div joint winner! The mining downturn smashed the Roosters but they look like they are builing once more!
Mate, I grew up doing the same at Hawkesbury. We'd have a strong team trot out for ressies, sometimes get a win, sing the song, and run straight back out to back up!

Any news on any new coaches in Premier league

Nelsons have announced Sean Mcgrath, Terrigal have Bishy leading the charge for another flag,City,Warners and KV have advertised (KV close to announcing Miksmif??) Had some quality applications!! Cardiff (Clark taking them this year? or at least looking after preseason fitness) Botts has stepped down for Warners so it will be a new face (maybe from within the club/maybe not), and City usually advertise but have plenty from within Knight etc (the player group in there club are on field coaches) very well organised and run!!

Any off season news? So far the biggest news would have to be Ben stewert to maitland? Warners bay seem to of picked up a handy midfielder as well.
Any trials news?

First Div will probably be the closest grade, with most senior clubs in this grade looking to improve. Maitland have picked up 3 handy players and will push hard, Wyong have dusted off a few premiership stars and with no injuries should be there abouts. Singleton will continue their rise up the ladder and the Dockers have picked up a few and should improve.

Gosford will have a much better year than last year, but hard to judge ladder position.

Muswellbrook to make finals in 2nd Div, with Batto looking like coming back to the pack

Finally Cardiff have a home. I recall way back that this area was originally flagged for the ground so good to hear its almost come to fruition.

No real talk from anyone but I suspect 2016 will be much the same as last year. There has been some coaching changes but I doubt that Alastair Clarke could coach Warners Bay to beat Terrigal. The other clubs will need to find some new cattle and improve their game plan to challenge the Panthers.

Glad to see the comp in as healthy state as it's been for a long time. We'd all like to see the premier grade increase in teams and regular close contests but that won't happen overnight.

TA still appear very strong on the surface. What are their juniors like? City's list still has a few years in it yet but as Cardiff found out last year you can't stop at the top forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on how Warners bays trial went? Any new recruits stand out?
Any other clubs trialled or just the black diamond games?

Another successful year for the league. Comps are looking good particularly the top division where both the Bays are throwing out decent results. City and Terrigal still raging odds on to meet again in the decider but from 2nd spot down it's all up in the air.

Disappointed to see Lake Macquarie still languishing even with only 1 side. That club has done so well to keep afloat over countless years of bugger all wins. Sounds like they have a good junior base so hope for their sake they keep them and build up for some deserved success on the senior front.

Singleton have turned their fortunes around. Andrew Scott is a great get. They've got some luck this year and look good to be there for an opportunity at another div2 premiership.

Hard to pick what will happen during the last few weeks in third grade. City could come back strong and challenge, same goes for Terrigal but there wouldn't be many that would hate to see the Cats or TEBB claim their maiden premiership.

Girls comp still building nicely. Good to see. No doubt clubs are happy to have the girls aboard to add some team spirit....not to mention some drunken shenangians on preso night.

Excellent work on the website BDAFL! Great player write ups, good reading.

Keep doing what your doing BDAFL. It's working and making this region a strong aussie rules area.

6 different clubs contesting grand finals. BDAFL, again I tip my hat to you. It's working. Gary B and the team are kicking goals from all angles. The game has really taken big steps forward when Gary came back for his 2nd stint at the helm and his work ethic and enthusiasm for the role is what's required to get great things done.

Womens comp well established now, there are some cricket scores occurring but to be expected and time is on the clubs side to remedy.

The mens comps roll on nicely but with both Bays beating Terrigal this year the top tier proved more interesting than previous. City's dynasty continues as the club acquires yet another batch of talented recruits but given they won't be represented in 2nds and 3rds they still aren't miles above everyone else.

Tomorrows GF between the 2 heavy weights is still bound to be a cracking contest and I can't help feel that Terrigal could get the same result as last year. These days I dont know enough about the teams and havent seen either play in full this year but on the smaller ground and class of Bishop, Webster, Lewis, Betson just may do enough to win it. That being said I hope City get the chocolates. They'll go in favourites and rightly so.

Singleton outweigh Maitland in top end talent and will claim their 3rd reserves premiership in the past 6 odd years. Both these clubs are on the up and could be a sign of the valley region progression to hosting premier teams. Maitland in particular are poised to move up if they continue to recruit well and build on what they've already established. Demographics will also work in their favour as more affordable housing will continue to push the population up. AFL marketing is able to do the rest. AFL suits more body types simple as that.

Yet another valley side feature tomorrow as Musswellbrook taken on last years bridesmaid TEBB. I reckon the coast team should settle quicker after being there last year and establish a match winning lead to take out the 3rds premiership and finally get another clubs name on the cup. I'm stoked to see these new clubs get success so early on. I know the Cats have been around for a while but are new to BDAFL. TEBB being so close to Terrigal, Wyong and KV need to be commended and even more so to get to where they are this year.

Sexualninja's tips for tomorrows dances
Terrigal by 19 (really hope I'm wrong, ideally City by 35)
Singleton by 38
TEBB by 21

6 different clubs contesting grand finals. BDAFL, again I tip my hat to you. It's working. Gary B and the team are kicking goals from all angles. The game has really taken big steps forward when Gary came back for his 2nd stint at the helm and his work ethic and enthusiasm for the role is what's required to get great things done.

Womens comp well established now, there are some cricket scores occurring but to be expected and time is on the clubs side to remedy.

The mens comps roll on nicely but with both Bays beating Terrigal this year the top tier proved more interesting than previous. City's dynasty continues as the club acquires yet another batch of talented recruits but given they won't be represented in 2nds and 3rds they still aren't miles above everyone else.

Tomorrows GF between the 2 heavy weights is still bound to be a cracking contest and I can't help feel that Terrigal could get the same result as last year. These days I dont know enough about the teams and havent seen either play in full this year but on the smaller ground and class of Bishop, Webster, Lewis, Betson just may do enough to win it. That being said I hope City get the chocolates. They'll go in favourites and rightly so.

Singleton outweigh Maitland in top end talent and will claim their 3rd reserves premiership in the past 6 odd years. Both these clubs are on the up and could be a sign of the valley region progression to hosting premier teams. Maitland in particular are poised to move up if they continue to recruit well and build on what they've already established. Demographics will also work in their favour as more affordable housing will continue to push the population up. AFL marketing is able to do the rest. AFL suits more body types simple as that.

Yet another valley side feature tomorrow as Musswellbrook taken on last years bridesmaid TEBB. I reckon the coast team should settle quicker after being there last year and establish a match winning lead to take out the 3rds premiership and finally get another clubs name on the cup. I'm stoked to see these new clubs get success so early on. I know the Cats have been around for a while but are new to BDAFL. TEBB being so close to Terrigal, Wyong and KV need to be commended and even more so to get to where they are this year.

Sexualninja's tips for tomorrows dances
Terrigal by 19 (really hope I'm wrong, ideally City by 35)
Singleton by 38
TEBB by 21

Any thoughts on next years competition structures? Who's going up..... 2 or 3 teams per club....

NFI but I'd say another year of things staying the same. Both Singo and Maitland may need to continue working on depth. I'd say the Saints would be the next time coming up to the premier division.

There has been talk of capping clubs to 2 teams etc (ie City to only have 2 teams) the bdafl would love another senior club in Newcastle to limit the Blues dominance.Then have only 2 senior grades for men to compete,cant see it happening for the moment at least.
More likely tho there will still be 3 men's grades with some of the 'successful' lower grade clubs to step up, I believe Batto and Muswellbrook will go up a Div to Div 1,as will Singo and Maitland to Prems.
Yes all these clubs will need to step up but some have reasonable juniors etc but the bottom line is you cant get better when you play 3 competitive games for the year!! ie Batto/Cats only against themselves and City. Raise the bar and hopefully they will improve quality and quantity.

Ditto for Singleton and Maitland, Singo continue to win the reserve grade basically every year they compete,and then have 'massive'player exodus when told to step up (they had more rep players this year then some Prem clubs) yes they need to work on depth, again there had been some talk of all clubs having a Prem Div presence (be it through jv or players being able to play at higher level with local club eg Muswellbrook/Singleton) either way if the current set up continues I know that players will leave/over playing against 3rd grade heroes that should be playing at a higher level.
Over to you bdafl....

I think Noodles may be on the money with the eventual preference to have two men's comps with 8-10 teams in each... I think you'll find next year that some of the 3 team clubs will go back to 2 teams

I think Noodles may be on the money with the eventual preference to have two men's comps with 8-10 teams in each... I think you'll find next year that some of the 3 team clubs will go back to 2 teams

Just a few comments for discussion,

With a real push to continue growing the Junior Base, maybe the BDAFL should look at 19's or something otherwise where do the kids go to. It is stupid to think they will flow to other clubs, it simply doesn't happen in the whole.

Clubs like City, Warners Bay, Terrigal have all worked hard building their bases, senior and junior so should they be detrimented by limiting teams to 2 grades. We need to lift the bottom where possible.

I think the 2nd Div has allowed some clubs to re enter the fold, but like stated before, it is time for Maitland, Singo in the two's and Bateau, Muswellbrook in the three's to step up a notch and test themselves. Nelson Bay has shown it is more than possible.

The 2nds could maybe be some sort of a hybrid Colts/Lower Grade team comp.

Everyone seems to think the answer is to restrict the top clubs in one way or another, but in truth you will find the successful clubs undoubtedly have great club cultures and that attracts players both new to the area, the code and especially retention of Juniors and existing players.

Clubs need to adapt that hard work and culture like the top clubs within and will definitely reap the benefits

Auskick still remains THE priority in building junior bases, I would like to know what struggling clubs have very few or no Auskickers.

This years Auskickers are next years Under 9's and in 6 years or so possible Senior players (if they are cultivated properly)

Reserve-Grade-Coach.png

The Queanbeyan Tigers (in the AFL Canberra competition) are calling for applications for a new Reserve Grade coach for 2017.
For details see: http://bit.ly/2h6iJHz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back