BBL Match 50 Sydney Sixers v Sydney Thunder 1835hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude renshaw hit the last ball for 4 to win like 3 games ago lol
Didn’t say there were no tight finishes, I said there were hardly any. Been far more complete whitewashes (case in point Scorchers v Strikers only like 1 game ago lol), which is pretty rare in elite T20 comps I would have thought.

The only interest left in this game is to see if the Thunder can make it to 100, it's not looking likely at this stage.

Especially with Cutting gone now too.
they haven't even got to 50 yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit two decent teams and six dog s**t ones. Feels like I'm tempting fate by saying this but, forfeit the rest of the season and play Sixers vs Scorchers already.
T20's are such a volatile format though.

All it takes is one or 2 players to have a day out and you could lose.

Steve Smith has defeated the Thunder 125 - 62.
Steve Smith 125*

Moses Henriques 45*

David Warner 16
Josh Phillippe 10
Joel Davies 10

Henriques struggled for his 45 and no one else got past 16, and somehow Smith put on one finest BBL batting displays in history, he was batting on a different pitch tonight.

I don't think Smith's form does anything to prove/disprove his T20 credentials (ok that's probably a tad harsh), what it does prove though is he is about 8 rungs above BBL level and a truly brilliant batsman.

And also it is truly something that in an 8 team comp, 6 of them can be absolutely awful. Heat are currently the 3rd best team but will quickly return to their old ways when the Aussie side goes to India.

Back